「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #58,202 of 177,745
Quote:

Sure, means you probably play a classical string instrument. Which does, to some extent, attract ladies
biggrin.gif

Maybe not as effective in the US, or as (acoustic) guitars.

Simple: You're actually supporting the industry.

Lucky you, the number of universities worldwide that teach my program is in the single digits.
And supposedly at least two are in Canada. I can't go anywhere else
frown.gif

I would eat that block of rosin if it were as good tasting/non-lethal as it looked. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #58,203 of 177,745
Yeah, I keep on hearing bad things about Ivy League schools for some reason. I have no idea what they are. Can anybody give me a filler?
I doubt I'll get into any of these schools. MIT is my goal right now but I'm pretty doubtful that I'll make it.

Eh, I'd be afraid that an ivy league would be too hard.

I hear the Japanese curriculum is pretty good, although I hear that about any of the language courses offered.

Intensive class was pretty intense: 8:30am-12:30pm 5 days a week; I learned a lot but since you don't really use the language over a longer period of time, you kind of lose it after 2 quarters of regular classes. I would recommend the regular, 3-quarter track in that regards. I only took the intensive track because I couldn't fit it in with bioengineering class scheduling.

Seattle isn't that bad from my experience, but the crime rate is definitely lower in Bellevue. That plus better traffic situations and is cleaner as a whole. Shopping in downtown Seattle is a whole different experience than shopping in Bellevue, for instance.

Walla Walla is a cool place. Washington has a lot of "friendliest town in America" type of awards. XD

Ah, okay. Thanks for the advice. I think I'd be able to retain the information longer since I'd actually be using it, but the class does sound a bit brutal. 4 hours a day 5 times per week? Heh. No.
I've admittedly only been to Seattle twice a once when I lived in Puyallup 8 years ago, and once to tour UW so I don't know that much about it XP. It looks like you can get mostly everything you need from the U district though, right?
Haha, "the town so nice they named it twice!" :p
That is such a line of Crap... Anyone who has been here for more than 2 weeks and ventured outside of their motel would realize how false this statement is.

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #58,204 of 177,745
~ one day I'll own mdr-r10's. It'll be either before I have to start paying for grad school. Or after, if it's even possible to find any in pristine condition after then. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #58,206 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
I hear the Japanese curriculum is pretty good, although I hear that about any of the language courses offered.

Intensive class was pretty intense: 8:30am-12:30pm 5 days a week; I learned a lot but since you don't really use the language over a longer period of time, you kind of lose it after 2 quarters of regular classes. I would recommend the regular, 3-quarter track in that regards. I only took the intensive track because I couldn't fit it in with bioengineering class scheduling.

Seattle isn't that bad from my experience, but the crime rate is definitely lower in Bellevue. That plus better traffic situations and is cleaner as a whole. Shopping in downtown Seattle is a whole different experience than shopping in Bellevue, for instance.

Walla Walla is a cool place. Washington has a lot of "friendliest town in America" type of awards. XD

Ah, okay. Thanks for the advice. I think I'd be able to retain the information longer since I'd actually be using it, but the class does sound a bit brutal. 4 hours a day 5 times per week? Heh. No.
I've admittedly only been to Seattle twice a once when I lived in Puyallup 8 years ago, and once to tour UW so I don't know that much about it XP. It looks like you can get mostly everything you need from the U district though, right?
Haha, "the town so nice they named it twice!"
tongue.gif

That is such a line of Crap... Anyone who has been here for more than 2 weeks and ventured outside of their motel would realize how false this statement is.

Yeah more or less. School supplies in the U-Bookstore are crazy expensive, just a heads up. :p

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #58,207 of 177,745
Quote:
Haha, rosin fumes though?

If you dip a hot soldering iron onto it you'll get some fumes too
wink.gif

Quote:
@Kalbee, that's one reason actually... Also for being a fan of the TV series, and it was cheap... Also, Clannad is great!

GJ to the supporters!
And yeah, Clannad is great.

Quote:
I would eat that block of rosin if it were as good tasting/non-lethal as it looked. 

Why is rosin lethal? I'm pretty sure pine resin isn't poisonous.
Resin ---(heated, I guess?)----> Rosin
Though I don't think anyone would want a huge dose of highly concentrated resin. Doubt you'll die if you lick it. Eating the block... is another story. xD

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #58,209 of 177,745
My genres are a little jumbled, I never really kept track of the BPM things but here goes nothing; (artists I can give you albums if you'd like)

I'll throw some bassy out for now; mostly dubstep/d&b/hardstyle stuff and a little house:

Skrillex, Nero, Flux Pavilion, Camo & Crooked, Netsky, BT, Daft Punk, Chase & Status, Bassnectar, Feint, Pendulum, Logistics, Spitfire (aka Porter Robinson), Noisia, Metrik, Guido, The Glitch Mob, Feed Me, KOAN sound, Gemini, Skream, Prototyperaptor, Burial, Deadmau5, The Flashbulb, Kavinsky, Crystal Castles, The Crystal Method, Skream, Bobby Tank, & Headhunterz.

Thats like.. 1/5 of my electronic artists collection I think? lol. In particular I think you'd probably like Bobby Tank's Vanquish, Prototyperaptor's lastest album Nostalgiarithm. Oh and Kaskade if you're looking for female vocals/electronic remixes.

Oh and I forgot Spor.

Thanks. Ill need to save this for the weekend. Testing soon

Tags: edm numbers kun

Thanks

Clannad is awesome! Fuko doing the Thriller dance for the win!

Did you see entire series yet :) if not, you will love it

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #58,212 of 177,745
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #58,213 of 177,745
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #58,214 of 177,745
Quote:

Psssssssssssssh. Like I'm buying it to listen to it! I'll get a stax for listening and a mdr-r10 to look pretty in a locked bullet proof glass display case somewhere.

:3 oh. Then that's probably better. The R10 is more of a collectors item now. WAIT WHAT. JUST BUY AN SR-009. $3500 and oom. 
Quote:
yum yum
biggrin.gif

My soldering paste looks nowhere nearly as tasty....

Neither does my rosin since it's more of a blackish color... actually it still looks tasty w/ that color.
Quote:
If you dip a hot soldering iron onto it you'll get some fumes too
wink.gif

GJ to the supporters!
And yeah, Clannad is great.

Why is rosin lethal? I'm pretty sure pine resin isn't poisonous.
Resin ---(heated, I guess?)----> Rosin
Though I don't think anyone would want a huge dose of highly concentrated resin. Doubt you'll die if you lick it. Eating the block... is another story. xD

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111003191920AAvNd0T 
^iono :3 I've always assumed it was poisonous, but you're correct about the process.  I wouldn't risk it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back