「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #50,431 of 177,745
Quote:
^agreed. New monitor. A mechanical keyboard with Cherry keys imho is for I guess performance gaming? A luxury rather than a starting need.

The reason I was looking at a mech keyboard is for typing really. I don't think I'll have time to play many games in college, but I do know I'll be typing a lot of essays and such. 
wink.gif

What do you think of the monitor I posted in the previous post?

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #50,433 of 177,745
The reason I was looking at a mech keyboard is for typing really. I don't think I'll have time to play many games in college, but I do know I'll be typing a lot of essays and such. :wink:
What do you think of the monitor I posted in the previous post?

For my personal taste, usually would get something from the Dell department. I'd focus on IPS panels specifically nowadays since they are best image-quality technology becoming much cheaper for the masses (used to be super expensive).

I have a Dell U3011 monitor. But thats a little out of your budget. ASUS i'm not too fond of for monitors. ;x

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #50,434 of 177,745
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Oo0o0o/stats/244217767/

Haven't touched BF3 in months though. Couldn't be bothered with Aftermath either since Planetside released. 

It's bloody hard to explain, I was completely lost for the first hour or two, and then it becomes second nature finding the fight.

When you open the map, you should be able to deploy somewhere where there is action, there's a list of places on the bottom left, or you can click the deploy button on one of the objective points. Once you die, you'll be able to choose a spawn point near your death.

You and your lucky CPU lottery. 
tongue.gif

I get 4.3ghz @ 1.23v ~90C on LinX, using a 3770K and a Noctua D14. Below average chip, but I'm fine with it.

Ivy bridge gets hooooooooot.

This map makes me sad as an NC player. Stupid Vanu and TR should fight each other for a change rather than coming after us.

But yes to get the most out of Planetside you really need to join an organized outfit. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #50,436 of 177,745
Jan 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #50,438 of 177,745
Quote:
For my personal taste, usually would get something from the Dell department. I'd focus on IPS panels specifically nowadays since they are best image-quality technology becoming much cheaper for the masses (used to be super expensive).

I have a Dell U3011 monitor. But thats a little out of your budget. ASUS i'm not too fond of for monitors. ;x

Hmm, I am using a Dell right now...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2007WFP/en/about.htm
Found it for $25 at a thrift store. After doing some googling, it looks like it's IPS?
And I thought it was 23", slightly sad it is only 20...
Quote:
Try this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005382

IPS is far superior to TN, you'll never go back.

Hmm, for some reason I kinda feel meh about LG, probably unjustified though, as it's mostly due to my dislike of their phones and one of their 120hz TVs...

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #50,439 of 177,745
Quote:
I almost thought I was in the wrong thread...

Lo siento senor, I should probably take this over to the PC thread...

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #50,440 of 177,745
Quote:
Yeah, but I can pretty much write one or two and tweak them to fit all the applications...

Yay, as a reward for doing all this schiit, I've been given permission to order the first part for my new computer... Should I go with the ducky mechanical keyboard or a new 1080p monitor? :p

permission? be your own man!!....lol
Quote:
I'm going to go ape shchiit T_T

why?
Quote:
area no kishi... gives me the same feeling that I had when I was watching inukami. Watching a character that's incompetent = rage. Well more like underdog since it's so similar D:

I remember that anime.... I gave it up.
Quote:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Oo0o0o/stats/244217767/

Haven't touched BF3 in months though. Couldn't be bothered with Aftermath either since Planetside released. 

This map makes me sad as an NC player. Stupid Vanu and TR should fight each other for a change rather than coming after us.

But yes to get the most out of Planetside you really need to join an organized outfit. 

Holy schiit you are good at BF3.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #50,441 of 177,745
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I am using a Dell right now...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2007WFP/en/about.htm
Found it for $25 at a thrift store. After doing some googling, it looks like it's IPS?

The monitor you have now is very decent, getting a new one that isn't IPS will be a downgrade IMO.

LG actually make most of the IPS panels around, it's what's in the Dells and what not.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #50,443 of 177,745
Quote:
Because posts suddenly started making sense? :wink:

:) nop, not at all
Quote:
permission? be your own man!!....lol
why?
I remember that anime.... I gave it up.
Holy schiit you are good at BF3.

Oh, was reading Area no Kishi... gave off that feeling... also a bit anxious of the project T_T killing me 
0o0o0okami is amazing >:xf_eek:
Quote:
Lo siento senor, I should probably take this over to the PC thread...

lol it's ok... it was just really weird. First time it's happened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back