「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #45,856 of 177,746
Quote:
Dad :)
.......Murican..please

It may look NATIVE AMERICAN AT FIRST. And their skin color and rings may say India but the type of clothing they are wearing with the stripes fixed with plain Copper rings says African.

They don't look rich enough to have gold rings ^^.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #45,858 of 177,746
Dec 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #45,860 of 177,746
Meh, KyoAni looking like KyoAni again. Yawn.

Yeah, all their characters look the same to me.

I'm not a big fan of those rings and accessories, I like my lolis pure and unmolested.

They don't look rich enough to have gold rings ^^.

It looks too light/gold in appearance to be copper (even though traditionally, it probably is copper), so I'm going to go with brass. 
tongue.gif

I know it's wrong but the American Calendar is what I am following.

You mean the North American seasons!

We all use the Gregorian Calendar. 
wink.gif

But when talking about anime, I think we're all supposed to be using Japan's seasons.

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #45,862 of 177,746
Quote:
Pretty much, easy peasy japanesey. A good screwdriver helps. 
tongue.gif

Now I'm torn between picking the Samsung 830 vs the 840/pro SSD's.

The 830 is older and has a proven reliability record, not so much with the newer 840 but it is a fair bit faster. The price is pretty much the same over here.

Decisions decisions.

Correction, a good phillips (two l's since this is a guy we're talking about, not that other company with one "l") head screwdriver and maybe a flathead screwdriver if necessary. Torx if you want to take apart ultrabooks or some other stuff that all use torx screws. I prefer phillips sockets due to the fact that they were designed so that once you get to a point where you may overtighten a screw, it would cam out but most of us aren't that dumb and don't want screws we can't take off anymore due to wear from cam out so I'd prefer torx socket screws.

The 830 and 840 Pro aren't too different IIRC. Just that the 840 Pro performs better on paper and in real life situations BUT in practice you wouldn't notice a difference whatsoever unless there's some huge issue with one drive and not the other which isn't the case here.

The 840 (regular) is the drive that's different altogether though due to the fact that it uses TLC which means it should last 3.5 years if in use 24/7/365 or something like that. It will last however many hours are in around 3.5 years according to Anandtech which is really good already since we won't be leaving our computers on 3.5 years all day every day. Whichever one is the least expensive would be my answer. The 840 Pro performs best out of the 3, so if they all cost the same, go for the 840 Pro. I think the 840 Pro has a 5 year warranty and the 840 a 3 year warranty, so yeah, get the Pro if they all cost the same.
Quote:
Marketing, what do you expect. Their crap got damaged. And everyone knows about the huge HDD flood(almost). 
So what do the marketing and sales departement think of after a long 5 hours of economical pHD level thinking?

REBRAND!!!

That has to be the dumbest way to market. If prices shoot up, you'd think the community of enthusiasts would be smart enough to not buy the drives, but hey, you have huge companies buying from WD, Hitachi, Seagate, etc. for their laptops and desktops. Very dumb.

I guess you could say so.
Quote:
Ugh, that looks delicious!!! How does one make curry like that?!?!?!?

You cook it.
Quote:

wink.gif

This.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #45,863 of 177,746
Quote:
Ugh, that looks delicious!!! How does one make curry like that?!?!?!?
Tentacle grape?
tongue.gif

You can buy them in chunks (all nicely packaged in typical box), shimmer in a pan (secret is to add some butter, maybe milk if you're into that, while doing so), plenty of water, meat and vegies. Only dish I know how to make apart from instant ramen. 
redface.gif

Quote:
So the breaker: new waves is crap? :0

Edit: damn played the violin to loudly 

Slow as hell. Parts where that Sunwoo elder shows up and beats the [redacted] out of everyone were epic. No Nine Arts Dragon appearance = what's the point.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #45,864 of 177,746
Quote:
But when talking about anime, I think we're all supposed to be using Japan's seasons.

The worst seasons to try to wrap your mind around is release seasons in the tech community because every single god damn company likes to cover different months as different quarters and halves and such. So dumb. NVIDIA's Q2 is a few months later than AMD's Q2 I believe and so forth. Just about the dumbest thing ever.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #45,865 of 177,746
So, I may have accidentally forgot to stop seeding Robotics;Notes 11..

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #45,867 of 177,746
to anyone who's seen Darker than Black.
Does the main heroine get back her old personality? Im feeling bad a i watch it. It feels almost as bad as NTR. Hopefully it ends well. Can anyone give me some insight that doesnt really spoil it but gives me an idea of what i should expect? Thank

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #45,869 of 177,746
Quote:
to anyone who's seen Darker than Black.
Does the main heroine get back her old personality? Im feeling bad a i watch it. It feels almost as bad as NTR. Hopefully it ends well. Can anyone give me some insight that doesnt really spoil it but gives me an idea of what i should expect? Thank

Cough no. It's a little bit more complicated than that. Already PMed you.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #45,870 of 177,746
Quote:

Yeah, all their characters look the same to me.

I'm not a big fan of those rings and accessories, I like my lolis pure and unmolested.

It looks too light/gold in appearance to be copper (even though traditionally, it probably is copper), so I'm going to go with brass. 
tongue.gif

wink.gif

Obviously everyone does
Quote:
So the breaker: new waves is crap? :0

Edit: damn played the violin to loudly 

Try it out yourself
Quote:
Correction, a good phillips (two l's since this is a guy we're talking about, not that other company with one "l") head screwdriver and maybe a flathead screwdriver if necessary. Torx if you want to take apart ultrabooks or some other stuff that all use torx screws. I prefer phillips sockets due to the fact that they were designed so that once you get to a point where you may overtighten a screw, it would cam out but most of us aren't that dumb and don't want screws we can't take off anymore due to wear from cam out so I'd prefer torx socket screws.

The 830 and 840 Pro aren't too different IIRC. Just that the 840 Pro performs better on paper and in real life situations BUT in practice you wouldn't notice a difference whatsoever unless there's some huge issue with one drive and not the other which isn't the case here.

The 840 (regular) is the drive that's different altogether though due to the fact that it uses TLC which means it should last 3.5 years if in use 24/7/365 or something like that. It will last however many hours are in around 3.5 years according to Anandtech which is really good already since we won't be leaving our computers on 3.5 years all day every day. Whichever one is the least expensive would be my answer. The 840 Pro performs best out of the 3, so if they all cost the same, go for the 840 Pro. I think the 840 Pro has a 5 year warranty and the 840 a 3 year warranty, so yeah, get the Pro if they all cost the same.
That has to be the dumbest way to market. If prices shoot up, you'd think the community of enthusiasts would be smart enough to not buy the drives, but hey, you have huge companies buying from WD, Hitachi, Seagate, etc. for their laptops and desktops. Very dumb.

I guess you could say so.
You cook it.
This.

It's not dumb. It can even be in effective.

I can spit out 20 models of units from WD and Seagate and I don't know if they are still there or not. Most don't care. They have "heard" the name somewhere before. Changing the name didn't do anything but add another model to something consumers already know.

People building their PC's and doing that enthusiast thing accounts for 1% of the total of PC users. Of those PC builders and hipsters, there are even less actual PC builders. Most just build it and done. Hipsters. Of those few that actually build and do the parts are even fewer.  And of those that actually do do the parts thing seriously, how many would have heard or would care in any way shape or form that the drivers from Thailand have been rebranded are even less.

I would pin the number at a couple thousand in the U.S. And of those thousands, how many are looking to buy a new HDD especially when all the overpriced crap at BestBuy that have been marked up in their retail boxes make mucho money?

That is marketing. They don't care if only a few thousand are not liking that rebranding especially if rebranding has little effect on their name and brand. What? Are people going to buy something else that isn't Seagate or WD or is affiliated/subsidiary/gets their crap from WD and Seagate facilities? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back