「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #44,252 of 177,744
Quote:
@Bowei: Mr. Kane is throwing out a trick question by having us trying to balance the chemical equation "water + sulfur dioxide = sulfuric acid". Impossible since he didn't give us a missing factor (oxygen double bonded to himself) because IIRC sulfuric acid is a combination of H2O (sorry about no subscripts) and SO3 (sulfur trioxide) which gives you one sulfuric acid molecule in the form of a gas which eventually condensates. HORRIBLE!

It was probably because too many of you guys gloated (including me) at how easy his tests were.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #44,253 of 177,744
Quote:
It was probably because too many of you guys gloated (including me) at how easy his tests were.

Noooooo. Definitely not it. He's doing that sort of "I'm going to see how long it takes until they find out" sort of thing but he doesn't know that I know what happens when you make sulfuric acid.

Just from looking at the equation he gave us, you could probably tell that no matter what, you would always end up with 3/4 the oxygen needed to balance the formula. The closest you can get is balancing the hydrogen and sulfur atoms. Oxygen will always remain 3/4 of the product on the reactant side of the equation unless you throw in a double-bonded oxygen (to itself).

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #44,254 of 177,744
Quote:
Noooooo. Definitely not it. He's doing that sort of "I'm going to see how long it takes until they find out" sort of thing but he doesn't know that I know what happens when you make sulfuric acid.

Just from looking at the equation he gave us, you could probably tell that no matter what, you would always end up with 3/4 the oxygen needed to balance the formula. The closest you can get is balancing the hydrogen and sulfur atoms. Oxygen will always remain 3/4 of the product on the reactant side of the equation unless you throw in a double-bonded oxygen (to itself).

I don't care for chemical equations, I finished Chem, not looking at that again...until next year lol

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #44,256 of 177,744
Is that really lily?? Looking at soundcloud. I was expecting some trolling male VA...disappointed ~.~

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #44,257 of 177,744
Quote:
Meh, I might take AP chem next year. I doubt I'll ever have to see it again unless I become a chemist or major in chemistry.

Hahahah..no.

You have to take chem in some univerisities. Almost all of them, especially tech ones. You have to take humanities and bio and chem and physics in college. Physics and bio are generally required in nearly all tech colleges. Chem in some.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #44,260 of 177,744
Quote:
Is that really lily?? Looking at soundcloud. I was expecting some trolling male VA...disappointed ~.~

LOL.
Quote:
Hahahah..no.

You have to take chem in some univerisities. Almost all of them, especially tech ones. You have to take humanities and bio and chem and physics in college. Physics and bio are generally required in nearly all tech colleges. Chem in some.

Meh. Whatever.  Then I might as well take Advanced and then AP of both physics and chem since I'm going to see it again later and I'll probably remember it better too.
Quote:
True that :p but maths is the only class i get at least some work done in XD

I use math as my study hall. I have so much time while waiting for everybody to get the concepts.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #44,261 of 177,744
Quote:

I guess so
Quote:
LOL.
Meh. Whatever.  Then I might as well take Advanced and then AP of both physics and chem since I'm going to see it again later and I'll probably remember it better too.
I use math as my study hall. I have so much time while waiting for everybody to get the concepts.

It will only slightly aid you. Most people in college taking chem and physics would have taken it last about 2-3 months before starting class as mainly seniors take it. Yeah, you won't entirely forget it but it won't be in the for front of your memory

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #44,262 of 177,744
Quote:
I guess so
It will only slightly aid you. Most people in college taking chem and physics would have taken it last about 2-3 months before starting class as mainly seniors take it. Yeah, you won't entirely forget it but it won't be in the for front of your memory

Remember, I'm in Science Bowl so I have to constantly review these subjects (that and some more because I need to fill in for Neil when he leaves).

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #44,264 of 177,744
Quote:
WELL AIN'T THAT SOME SCHIIT.
Hi rikkkun, we were bullying a loli, that's all you missed.
Me in bed on iPad, excuse the poor formatting, back to sleep.

Bah, iPad... I have an iPad, and I never have "poor formatting" :D
Quote:
Thanks panda! Yeah i guess i was XD you guys really post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much these days.....

Don't remember ahahaha but well technically i didn't leave, more like i reverted to lurking anon :p

+1 ahahaha

Wb ahahahaha, 100 something posts in the last 8 hours...... Reading all this in maths class where i actually need to work :L

Lol, okay.
Quote:
Yep
tongue.gif

I actually paid attention to the ED credits after a certain scene...
and guess what? second guy = Gen Urobochi (Nitro+)
eek.gif

This... WHYY??????

LOL, same reaction I had after seeing something about nitro+ when watching steins;gate...
Quote:
Just got Fate / Stay Night [Réalta Nua] (The voiced, non-H release)
Can't wait to try.....

Non-H?
:frowning2:
Quote:

Haha, I was doing this this morning. Nothing interesting was going on, although I should've been paying attention since I missed Monday and don't know what the heck is going on right now :D
Had a very busy day, and probably the best substitute teacher for an American Government teacher ever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back