「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #33,541 of 177,745
Quote:
I couldnt accurately tell if I was hearing right so i looked my foobar meter and it had a bit more left channel db rise than the right usually. Not counting the panning instruments.

@borisu
The glass acrylic 3d thing you did a while ago?

Oh yeah.
Which reminds me, I wrote to Shinji of "MMD LIVE" and "VLP project" just 2 days ago 
biggrin.gif

I plan making something like that too. (Probably start after graduating Highschool)
http://39diymmdconcert.webs.com
http://www.youtube.com/39diymmdconcert

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #33,544 of 177,745
Quote:
Nope, instead we're using this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CS8416-CS4398-DAC-Kit-Support-USB-coaxial-DAC-Board-/110709598915?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item19c6ce6ac3

So, comparing that to the ODAC via measurements and stuff, this outperforms it correct?
Also Boris, do you know what the full custom enclosure will look like?

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #33,545 of 177,745
Quote:
So, comparing that to the ODAC via measurements and stuff, this outperforms it correct?

Also Boris, do you know what the full custom enclosure will look like?

No idea... you can compare the specs.

No.... because haiby-kun here is too "buzy" with his school work and can't do the design yet.
(and somehow I have time to draw models with over 5 assessments due this week, one of which is a 4k word essay.)
You can draw me a 3D model of the enclosure if you want and see if he likes it....

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #33,547 of 177,745
I'm trying to make a tutorial video for panda... what software do you use to edit the screencap video, add captions and stuff?  I was using Premiere... it's turned into a buggy piece of cr@p >.<

All the videos it loads become a herky jerky mess

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #33,548 of 177,745
Anyone else see this yet?

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-october-2012-update

I am oh so excited to see amp measurements on IF. 
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ​
\( ˚ O ˚ )/ ​
( ゜∀)ノ​

Obviously not all of them are the same, but if those Woo measurements are at all indicative of what one might possibly expect from tube amps, I feel personally justified in my being very afraid of tubes! And this is considered "high end?" "Hifi?" I mean, I've got a romantic streak too, but jebus. Granted I haven't heard real tubes before, but I've experimented adding harmonic distortion to things with plugins and even just a little bit was absolutely nasty. Maybe that's not exactly what it sounds like, but could it be that different? I guess some people might actually like listening to their music through a veiled hazy blanket of distortion, but for me...blech. If I paid hundreds, let alone thousands of dollars for something like that I would just off myself.

But there's always tube rolling! :p
I just like the spaciousness and warmth of tubes, I don't go into that much detail in my sounds.

Also just saw Tyll's review on the UE headphones... I actually tried one, not sure which one, in the Apple Store yesterday and...
It was really nice in terms of build quality, looks, comfort (felt a little heavy for a dynamic. hint at the materials I guess)... but I did not like the sound.
Bass was definitely not what I'd like to call tight. But I digress, I wasn't allowed to plug my own music so I can't really be commenting.
Felt like 0 sound stage though.

New season getting awesome!

chuunibyou was quite funny (though I've never heard of anything like that IRL, It's supposedly very common)

and New Hayate title screen looks soooo bad-arse!

Chuunibyou is more often associated with 2ch than with people IRL I believe.
Where people make themselves sound totally unlike their true self.

@mini
Yep to akito
@joe
Sorry
@manveru
The panning is what I meant. There are programs that show in real time what channel is louder though in foobar. It seems the left gets a bit too much attention
@jgray
Cs4398 flagship with a custom controlling pcb and custom case. Smaller than schiit asgard. Not too big
@kalbee gr01?

Did you mean @mini panda
What? I don't even have a GR01, nor do I plan on getting one :x

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #33,549 of 177,745
Quote:
No idea... you can compare the specs.

No.... because haiby-kun here is too "buzy" with his school work and can't do the design yet.
(and somehow I have time to draw models with over 5 assessments due this week, one of which is a 4k word essay.)
You can draw me a 3D model of the enclosure if you want and see if he likes it....

The only 3d modeling software I know how to use is lightwave, which I doubt would be useful >_< 
although I'm in a CAD class this year at school and they have solidworks, would that be helpful? When I finish learning autoCAD maybe the teacher will let me get on solidworks :)
Also, I'll need dimensions for all the PCBs and all the buttons, switches, ect.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #33,550 of 177,745
Quote:
The only 3d modeling software I know how to use is lightwave, which I doubt would be useful >_< 
although I'm in a CAD class this year at school and they have solidworks, would that be helpful? When I finish learning autoCAD maybe the teacher will let me get on solidworks :)
Also, I'll need dimensions for all the PCBs and all the buttons, switches, ect.

Heyy!! I'm using Solidworks too!! 
I can send you the solidworks part files directly!
(I made 3D models of nearly everything except for the DAC board and volume knob)

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #33,554 of 177,745
Quote:
LOL What did you do the panda? Give it laser shooting eyes?

heck yea man, and did you see that fellows blue peach fuzz mustache <3 

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #33,555 of 177,745
Quote:
Sigh...the first AES meeting is happening right now, but I can't for the life of me find where it is. Now I'm sitting here in the library depressed :frowning2:

Never mind. I just realized that I've been emailing the AES club at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I go to Cal Poly Pomona. No wonder I couldn't find the meeting, it doesn't exist on this campus! Also explains why I joined two different Cal Poly AES clubs on Facebook. San Luis Obispo should label themselves more clearly. They just call themselves "Cal Poly," and their website has the exact same color scheme as my school's. Don't they realize this looks confusing? 
ಠ_ಠ​

Commence double facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back