「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #271 of 177,744

Quote:

so.....did you like the songs i suggested? 

Of course I like them. I relistened them and noted what's different because I wrote it down. My aural memory is kinda short, even when comparing my favorite songs.

Quote:

i don't think so. Threads just come and go and there isn't an official marking on anything or what not.

Oh and for all of u that don't know yet...

Amgagami SS Plus is out!! Season 2

Oh joy. /sarcasm. Well I haven't seen the first season, so that's just me being cynical.

Quote:
I don't blame you, most of it is crap.... O.o

I will say I liked Toradora!

Toradora ftw! IIRC the only (or one of the) romance show that I can stand, for no apparent reason. Maybe it makes sense and didn't have an absurdly weird harem? Maybe it's not too cheesy? IDK but somehow I watched it.

Quote:
wow. that brought some attention to Un-Go...and Mirrai nicki. Both had risque material in each one. the Un-Go had this cencsored scene in the pic and teh mirrai nicki episode they had..that episode

I don't watch the anime for that show and don't know if they mention it, 

it wasn't mentioned on animetake or summary pages so i guess they ommited the most risque part of the whole series(mirrai nicki) out

It features a shrine girl who has been raped a mass multiple times. 

and has a scene/ only scene in whole series where yuna or something is forced to almost be raped or something

Ahh yes nothing like a yandere girlfriend to spice up your life. Read the manga a bit, liked it, but stopped halfway through. Maybe I'll pick it up in anime form.

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #272 of 177,744

Quote:
Is there a Guilty Crown manga or is it anime only? Would be interesting to read the manga if it has one.

I will just mark this thread semi-official then. I will contact a mod (or mods) to see if I need to do anything to make it official, but for the time being, enjoy being semi-officialers.

no. if i remember correctly this was straight to anime with a manga based OFF the anime. not the other way around

I doubt head-fi has official anything

Quote:
I haven't read the blog in a long time but liked it.... last anime I watched was Toradora! actually.

toradora...lol.z had a very nice flow to things. it just moved along(almost) very very niceley and had nice character development all the way through the series

Quote:

Of course I like them. I relistened them and noted what's different because I wrote it down. My aural memory is kinda short, even when comparing my favorite songs.

Oh joy. /sarcasm. Well I haven't seen the first season, so that's just me being cynical.

haha good that my song picks peaked ur interest :)

The first season pulled on my heart strings. close to almost every single one of them considering how it's 2 episodes per character. i was amazed they could do that and fit so much :) it was a great atmoshphere/movement through. you get the whole shabang of character development and normal stuff in ep one. and then u know that next week. Stuff's going down :)

I lost interest in Mirrai Nicki for a while too :/ didn't really have much going on. should i recommend u finish it? if you want. sicne u dropped it halfway i doubt u would care. there's a almost mindf*** in the series though or throughout the ending multiple times.

Are u an american that moved to Moscow?

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #273 of 177,744
Well, I already PMed Currawong. If he doesn't have anything, I'll ask Jude.

I need to go find some new anime or music to listen to/watch. Is Shakugan no Shana (first, second, and third series) good? Oh, I forgot the name to Zan/Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's manga equivalent. I read it once and it was pretty funny. Is the name the same?

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #274 of 177,744

Quote:
it wasn't mentioned on animetake or summary pages so i guess they ommited the most risque part of the whole series(mirrai nicki) out

It features a shrine girl who has been raped a mass multiple times. 

and has a scene/ only scene in whole series where yuna or something is forced to almost be raped or something

It's in the anime. It's not very graphic, but it shows those scenes.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #275 of 177,744

Quote:
I lost interest in Mirrai Nicki for a while too :/ didn't really have much going on. should i recommend u finish it? if you want. sicne u dropped it halfway i doubt u would care. there's a almost mindf*** in the series though or throughout the ending multiple times.

Are u an american that moved to Moscow?

Oh I live for the weird. I'm sure I'll finish mirai nikki one way or another. Nah I'm no American. But I'm a student though, not Russian.

Quote:

I need to go find some new anime or music to listen to/watch. Is Shakugan no Shana (first, second, and third series) good? Oh, I forgot the name to Zan/Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's manga equivalent. I read it once and it was pretty funny. Is the name the same?

Its just called Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for the manga. Zan and Goku, and there's a Zoku too, are the 2nd and 3rd, and the OVA's, added name. Zoku is the S2, Zan is the OVA after Zoku, Goku is the 3rd, and its OVA is Goku SZS bangaichi. It's funny alright, but culturally tied very tightly to Japan. That's why the good scanners includes translators' notes and explanation at the end of the chapters. Though that would be tedious to most people, I find it interesting.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #276 of 177,744

Quote:

PM? Sure try why not

I don't like those genre's or series so i'm not gonna give u a biases responce based offwhat i like

Quote:

It's in the anime. It's not very graphic, but it shows those scenes.

ooh really? Hmm meh, whatever. doesn't catch my interest(says the guy that read teh whole manga)

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #278 of 177,744

Quote:
In anticipation of NIsemonogatari, I now started to re-watch Bakemonogatari. But one thing bugs me a lot. Can't quite put who does Senjougahara sounds like in another anime. 

sounds interesting. what is the echhi factor in bakemonogatari? Romance factor? Comedy? plot? I'm interested in watching it if i deem the points u give it seem fit.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #279 of 177,744
@Speakers Logitech? Nope, nah. I've seen a couple of their speakers and I'm just not overall insanely happy with what I've heard. They're decent and all but I'm sure there is something that I can get within my price range that satisfies further, just have to do the research. For now, the Swan M10 is looking awesome.

@WinterAnime

Well, Randsell and Recorder turned out to be 3 minutes per episode and that means me not caring at all so I chose not to watch it. I did check out Kill Me Baby though and while it wasn't very funny and the opening song was very...very...annoying, I liked it somewhat. It was just kind of a fun show to watch. I will probably drop it but I'm going to give it another episode or two, it deserves a chance to prove itself to me.

In brighter news, AMAGAMI SS PLUS!!!!!

I have to do some serious catching up though, 10+ eps behind on both Mirai Nikki and Gundam Age. I might put Mirai on hold because I've read the manga, the anime is just a courtesy to it for me. Besides, it'll be more enjoyable when I've got a longer time from experiencing the manga and I wanna revisit it, I can see the animu. I DID finish Fate/Zero though, and I am excited for season 2.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #280 of 177,744

Quote:
@Speakers Logitech? Nope, nah. I've seen a couple of their speakers and I'm just not overall insanely happy with what I've heard. They're decent and all but I'm sure there is something that I can get within my price range that satisfies further, just have to do the research. For now, the Swan M10 is looking awesome.

@WinterAnime

Well, Randsell and Recorder turned out to be 3 minutes per episode and that means me not caring at all so I chose not to watch it. I did check out Kill Me Baby though and while it wasn't very funny and the opening song was very...very...annoying, I liked it somewhat. It was just kind of a fun show to watch. I will probably drop it but I'm going to give it another episode or two, it deserves a chance to prove itself to me.

In brighter news, AMAGAMI SS PLUS!!!!!

I have to do some serious catching up though, 10+ eps behind on both Mirai Nikki and Gundam Age. I might put Mirai on hold because I've read the manga, the anime is just a courtesy to it for me. Besides, it'll be more enjoyable when I've got a longer time from experiencing the manga and I wanna revisit it, I can see the animu. I DID finish Fate/Zero though, and I am excited for season 2.

i just saw the M10's...wow...o wow..o wow. :O I wasn't an audiophile back when i bought my set.. the 8W per satelite sounds very weak though (RMS doesn't amtter too too too much but it still plays a deal for me)... :/

The promedia's were my second choice against the Z623's but after demoing them and reading reviews online. The promedia's weren't that "sweet" sounding too me. the mids and highs were slightly brighter. But ...not real much satisfaction. The Z623's got slightly better reviews...add in the fact that the Z623's i got on sale for 50% the price of the promdedia's sealed the deal. you can't go wrong with 200W RMS :/ as u can imagine..yes..i got some superbass. this is a full consumer set right here. the mids and highs are only a tad bit duller..nd i don't regret it one bit

The Swan's have been deactivated on Newegg for a long time.... almost half a decade now.

Amagami SS plus lol. had a decent first episode and for once. what happens at the end actually matches and fits into the ending song very well. i hate when something happens either happy or sad, and the same. energetic end song starts playing and just ruins the mood!

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #281 of 177,744

Quote:
sounds interesting. what is the echhi factor in bakemonogatari? Romance factor? Comedy? plot? I'm interested in watching it if i deem the points u give it seem fit.

It's a great balance between the three actually. It is surprising how good that show is. I only wanted to give it an 8/10 but it just was too good, had to give it a 9.

Oh, I promised I would explain my rating system. But first off, I'll explain something. I do indeed drop a lot of things but I only do it if it fits my criteria to do so. I basically won't drop something I started unless it is a reallllllllly long shounen with no end in sight(one piece, naruto...) or if I give it 10%(rounded down) of it's total episodes. So, for something like senjou no horizon, which was 13 episodes, I had to watch at least two episodes before I dropped it. I'm very trust worthy of my anime senses and a lot of times I watch things that I know will not be good to me just to reassure that. Now most of the time I do give anime more of a chance than that because some things need further evaluation but I'm confident in when I drop something and rarely do I pick it back up but on that off chance, I may feel I didn't give something a fair chance. Hyakko and Turn a Gundam come to mind.

Anyway, here's how I rate things.

Out of ten system. These are very general explanations, I usually give a fuller reason in my comments on MAL. The balance of enjoyability to critical reception to me is about a 6-4 ratio for the most part but one or the other can have major overall influence on my rating at any time.

1/10 - Unwatchable, simple as that. Absolutely terrible on all levels and perspectives. I cannot see how anyone could think this is good. I've never given anything this rating. I can not recommend these anime to anyone I'd imagine.

2/10 - Extremely bad but something about it was ever so slightly redeeming. I've never given anything I've watched this rating. I can not recommend these anime to anyone I'd imagine.

3/10 - Bad. There are somethings that the anime gets away with that are ok and I can see people liking but the anime just is critically a failure on most aspects. Anime I've given this rating to include Naruto, Shukufuku no Campanella, and Shadowstar Narutaru but I haven't given many out. I cannot recommend these anime to anyone.

4/10 - Below average/Not Good. The anime manages to do some things right but it is probably sloppy in a good amount of areas or really failed to get it together come ending time. A lot of anime here just fail to stay fresh and unique or are convoluted in some type of way. Anime I've given this rating to include InuYasha, Shiki, Iron Man, and Darker than Black season 2; I have given a decent amount out this rating but not a lot. I can sometimes recommend these to a less experienced anime watcher or someone who is a genre fan.

5/10 - Average. Probably one of the most common ratings I give. The anime in here tend to not do much flat out wrong but they just can't seem to separate themselves from the pack. They just kind of blend in to typicality that can come with whatever genre they belong to or and some of them are pretty up and down in quality. Production value can also have a huge effect in this rating on up, I have found. Some anime I have given this rating to include, Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity, Dantalian no Shoka, Bleach, Dog Days, To aru Majutsu no Index, and Asura Cryin. I can recommend these if I feel the person may like it but I personally tend to not seek these out(sans new anime seasons in which I like the try things out).

6/10 - Decent/Above Average. If there was one rating I'd feel I give out a bit much, it's this. A lot of anime in here are just stuck somehow and can't break that plane of being a good anime. Something about it just fails to send it over the top. They're by no means bad anime and I think it's hard for people to take them seriously if I rate them like this(same with the fives). Just in an era where it's automatically bad if it isn't an 8/10 or above, which I think is silly because I don't often give those. These anime are often apart what I consider the mid-range of anime, where it is important to know these and sometimes be able to appreciate these because there are some anime I legit adore in this class. Some anime I've given this rating to include Maburaho, Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk, Strike Witches, Tears to Tiara, Heroman, Sasameki Koto, Mayo Chiki, and Eyeshield 21. I recommend these a bit more than I do not but some of it is based on if you like the genre or not.

7/10 - Good. A lot of different lay in this range but these ones are anime that are legitimately good and do most things pretty well or a few things really well. Production starts to take hold at this point and I find a lot of anime that would of been 5's or 6's are up here because they put a lot more attention in areas other anime did not. Besides that, the anime here just are a fine watch that I rather enjoyed. They just never hit that extra bit of quality that makes them great though, whatever that may encompass. Some anime I have given this rating to include Highschool of the Dead, Kampfer, Ikoku Meiro Croisee, The Idolmaster, Aish|teruze Baby, Hanasaku Iroha, Suzuka, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Noein. I usually recommend these, but sometimes it's genre liking based.

8/10 - Great. The jump from 7 to 8 is usually a big one for me. Around this area, all aspects of the anime start to become critically looked at but the enjoyability part still takes a good amount of influence to things. Usually attention to story and directing are what can make an anime this good to me. I do find that I flood this rating with a lot of the best action stuff I've seen. and the amount of other genres is a bit toned down. I do not give 8s and aboves as often as other ratings, at least not in the TV section. A bunch of movies and OVAs I have given this rating too though. Anime that I have given this rating to include Nichijou, Usagi Drop, Durarara, Giant Robo, Paprika, Outlaw Star, Kimi ni Todoke, Black Lagoon, Basilisk, and Sword of the Stranger. I almost always recommend these universally.

9/10 - Amazing. I give these the second least and I start to become really picky and critical here. Production is almost always a big factor here and attention to detail is important to discern these from the eight's. The anime here are usually very well structured and I can pretty much say they have little to no fault. The difference from the nine's and ten's usually hints in the slight lack of completeness and more often than not, how they touch me personally. Anime I have given this rating to include Gungrave, Cross Game, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, School Rumble, Clannad, and Spirited Away. I have always recommended these.

10/10 - Perfect. These anime are not perfect in the sense that they are faultless but I feel that they exhibit an element that for me could not wish of anything more from them. Each one of these(I've only given it 14 times and none since 2009 in which I gave two) is special to me in some sense and a few of them in reality are not as good as the rating I gave them but I enjoyed them so much that they are just so deserving of the rating to me. To get this, there has to be something especially good about you and different. Not much else to say really. Anime I have given this rating to include, Legend of the Galactic Heroes*, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Metropolis, Toradora, Macross, and Death Note. I have always recommended these.

* - I consider this the best anime of all time.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #282 of 177,744

Quote:
i just saw the M10's...wow...o wow..o wow. :O I wasn't an audiophile back when i bought my set.. the 8W per satelite sounds very weak though (RMS doesn't amtter too too too much but it still plays a deal for me)... :/

The promedia's were my second choice against the Z623's but after demoing them and reading reviews online. The promedia's weren't that "sweet" sounding too me. the mids and highs were slightly brighter. But ...not real much satisfaction. The Z623's got slightly better reviews...add in the fact that the Z623's i got on sale for 50% the price of the promdedia's sealed the deal. you can't go wrong with 200W RMS :/ as u can imagine..yes..i got some superbass. this is a full consumer set right here. the mids and highs are only a tad bit duller..nd i don't regret it one bit

The Swan's have been deactivated on Newegg for a long time.... almost half a decade now.

Amagami SS plus lol. had a decent first episode and for once. what happens at the end actually matches and fits into the ending song very well. i hate when something happens either happy or sad, and the same. energetic end song starts playing and just ruins the mood!

I know nothing about speakers so...was that a bad review on the M10s?
etysmile.gif

I just want a set that has some pretty real nice bass but doesn't short change to other frequencies, costs $100~, and doesn't need a power amp because I'm just going to be going from my D1.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #283 of 177,744

Quote:

I know nothing about speakers so...was that a bad review on the M10s?
etysmile.gif

I just want a set that has some pretty real nice bass but doesn't short change to other frequencies, costs $100~, and doesn't need a power amp because I'm just going to be going from my D1.

go to ur local best buy and try some Z623's. the bass knob is on the front. if you turn the bass down and raise the volume. it actually produces pretty good mids and highs :)
The promedia's just weren't up to the Z623's in my case because i needed...some house shaking bass. These are 200W rMS
The M10's ...idk...what to say. they look good and have tweeters. but 8W RMS per satelite? and it's been discontinued for sale on newegg?? idk what to think about those

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #284 of 177,744

Quote:
go to ur local best buy and try some Z623's. the bass knob is on the front. if you turn the bass down and raise the volume. it actually produces pretty good mids and highs :)
The promedia's just weren't up to the Z623's in my case because i needed...some house shaking bass. These are 200W rMS
The M10's ...idk...what to say. they look good and have tweeters. but 8W RMS per satelite? and it's been discontinued for sale on newegg?? idk what to think about those

They're pretty cheap on audio insider. And I'm not going to touch logitech unless I have to...every time I see one of their products that one of my friend's have had, they've broken or been defective. Could just be some real bad coincidence but it has lead me to be discouraged from their stuff. and these watts mean nothing to me unfortunately =__=

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #285 of 177,744

Quote:
It's a great balance between the three actually. It is surprising how good that show is. I only wanted to give it an 8/10 but it just was too good, had to give it a 9.

Oh, I promised I would explain my rating system. But first off, I'll explain something. I do indeed drop a lot of things but I only do it if it fits my criteria to do so. I basically won't drop something I started unless it is a reallllllllly long shounen with no end in sight(one piece, naruto...) or if I give it 10%(rounded down) of it's total episodes. So, for something like senjou no horizon, which was 13 episodes, I had to watch at least two episodes before I dropped it. I'm very trust worthy of my anime senses and a lot of times I watch things that I know will not be good to me just to reassure that. Now most of the time I do give anime more of a chance than that because some things need further evaluation but I'm confident in when I drop something and rarely do I pick it back up but on that off chance, I may feel I didn't give something a fair chance. Hyakko and Turn a Gundam come to mind.

Anyway, here's how I rate things.

Out of ten system. These are very general explanations, I usually give a fuller reason in my comments on MAL. The balance of enjoyability to critical reception to me is about a 6-4 ratio for the most part but one or the other can have major overall influence on my rating at any time.

1/10 - Unwatchable, simple as that. Absolutely terrible on all levels and perspectives. I cannot see how anyone could think this is good. I've never given anything this rating. I can not recommend these anime to anyone I'd imagine.

2/10 - Extremely bad but something about it was ever so slightly redeeming. I've never given anything I've watched this rating. I can not recommend these anime to anyone I'd imagine.

3/10 - Bad. There are somethings that the anime gets away with that are ok and I can see people liking but the anime just is critically a failure on most aspects. Anime I've given this rating to include Naruto, Shukufuku no Campanella, and Shadowstar Narutaru but I haven't given many out. I cannot recommend these anime to anyone.

4/10 - Below average/Not Good. The anime manages to do some things right but it is probably sloppy in a good amount of areas or really failed to get it together come ending time. A lot of anime here just fail to stay fresh and unique or are convoluted in some type of way. Anime I've given this rating to include InuYasha, Shiki, Iron Man, and Darker than Black season 2; I have given a decent amount out this rating but not a lot. I can sometimes recommend these to a less experienced anime watcher or someone who is a genre fan.

5/10 - Average. Probably one of the most common ratings I give. The anime in here tend to not do much flat out wrong but they just can't seem to separate themselves from the pack. They just kind of blend in to typicality that can come with whatever genre they belong to or and some of them are pretty up and down in quality. Production value can also have a huge effect in this rating on up, I have found. Some anime I have given this rating to include, Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity, Dantalian no Shoka, Bleach, Dog Days, To aru Majutsu no Index, and Asura Cryin. I can recommend these if I feel the person may like it but I personally tend to not seek these out(sans new anime seasons in which I like the try things out).

6/10 - Decent/Above Average. If there was one rating I'd feel I give out a bit much, it's this. A lot of anime in here are just stuck somehow and can't break that plane of being a good anime. Something about it just fails to send it over the top. They're by no means bad anime and I think it's hard for people to take them seriously if I rate them like this(same with the fives). Just in an era where it's automatically bad if it isn't an 8/10 or above, which I think is silly because I don't often give those. These anime are often apart what I consider the mid-range of anime, where it is important to know these and sometimes be able to appreciate these because there are some anime I legit adore in this class. Some anime I've given this rating to include Maburaho, Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk, Strike Witches, Tears to Tiara, Heroman, Sasameki Koto, Mayo Chiki, and Eyeshield 21. I recommend these a bit more than I do not but some of it is based on if you like the genre or not.

7/10 - Good. A lot of different lay in this range but these ones are anime that are legitimately good and do most things pretty well or a few things really well. Production starts to take hold at this point and I find a lot of anime that would of been 5's or 6's are up here because they put a lot more attention in areas other anime did not. Besides that, the anime here just are a fine watch that I rather enjoyed. They just never hit that extra bit of quality that makes them great though, whatever that may encompass. Some anime I have given this rating to include Highschool of the Dead, Kampfer, Ikoku Meiro Croisee, The Idolmaster, Aish|teruze Baby, Hanasaku Iroha, Suzuka, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Noein. I usually recommend these, but sometimes it's genre liking based.

8/10 - Great. The jump from 7 to 8 is usually a big one for me. Around this area, all aspects of the anime start to become critically looked at but the enjoyability part still takes a good amount of influence to things. Usually attention to story and directing are what can make an anime this good to me. I do find that I flood this rating with a lot of the best action stuff I've seen. and the amount of other genres is a bit toned down. I do not give 8s and aboves as often as other ratings, at least not in the TV section. A bunch of movies and OVAs I have given this rating too though. Anime that I have given this rating to include Nichijou, Usagi Drop, Durarara, Giant Robo, Paprika, Outlaw Star, Kimi ni Todoke, Black Lagoon, Basilisk, and Sword of the Stranger. I almost always recommend these universally.

9/10 - Amazing. I give these the second least and I start to become really picky and critical here. Production is almost always a big factor here and attention to detail is important to discern these from the eight's. The anime here are usually very well structured and I can pretty much say they have little to no fault. The difference from the nine's and ten's usually hints in the slight lack of completeness and more often than not, how they touch me personally. Anime I have given this rating to include Gungrave, Cross Game, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, School Rumble, Clannad, [Ghost in the Shell] and Spirited Away. I have always recommended these.

10/10 - Perfect. These anime are not perfect in the sense that they are faultless but I feel that they exhibit an element that for me could not wish of anything more from them. Each one of these(I've only given it 14 times and none since 2009 in which I gave two) is special to me in some sense and a few of them in reality are not as good as the rating I gave them but I enjoyed them so much that they are just so deserving of the rating to me. To get this, there has to be something especially good about you and different. Not much else to say really. Anime I have given this rating to include, Legend of the Galactic Heroes*, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Metropolis, Toradora, Macross, and Death Note. I have always recommended these.

* - I consider this the best anime of all time.

Fixed... your welcome.
+1 for Samurai Champloo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back