「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #242 of 177,744

Quote:
Haha...to be fair, Eureka Seven is a stereotypically long Bones show.  I'd imagine even Fullmetal Alchemist would be almost incomprehensible if you skipped the middle 1/2 of it.

God yes.. how do I know... I started watching way late(only 3 episodes), I have no clue whats going on? It's freaking long so no fault to it..

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #243 of 177,744
If you have any interest in Eva you owe it to yourself to watch the Rebuild movies. Not necessarily because you'll like it more or because it's "better", but because it's a really fun experience. As said previously the first movie covers the first six episodes of the tv series mostly verbatim, but condensed for time. The second movie takes a rather large deviation from the tv series. If you want to go in and get something out of it the themes it's covering are the same, but I would say the message is different this time around. Not surprising if you're familiar with Hideki Anno and his personal life and influences on the tv series. But 1080p high budget action anime with a more traditional movie build-up/climax structure is a lot of fun to watch.

As far as news goes, the third move previously labeled Q or Quickening has been given a proper title, "You Can (Not) Redo". It was previously stated that it would be released sometime this year, but nothing new has been said about that. The fourth and final movie has been given a "release date" of sometime in 2013. Considering the delays that have happened already I wouldn't have any hope on these dates.

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #244 of 177,744
I think I sort of understand about these EVA movies. Kind of like how I feel about the Gurren Lagann OVAs, a condensed form of the series. It does okay, but IMO the 2 OVAs, each 1 is 12 episodes condensed into around an hour and a half or so, doesn't do it enough justice, and something is changed a bit. I dislike the OVAs. Since both are made by Gainax, maybe I'll do myself a favor and watch the TV series of EVA then.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #245 of 177,744
Do any of you guys have speakers? I'm thinking of investing in a cheap pair that's good for the price.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #246 of 177,744

Quote:
Do any of you guys have speakers? I'm thinking of investing in a cheap pair that's good for the price.

Well, if you want something inexpensive, the Swan M10 and Klipch Promedias are great. Although, I really think you should invest in some planar speakers. There's an inexpensive pair at The Audio Insider. Planar I think has faster response. You need to let the sub burn in for a bit or else it will be a little behind the tweeter. Somebody on OCN linked me a review to another set of planars but it should cover most planars. Kind of makes me wonder if Audeze will get into the speaker business and make planar speakers.

No more Guilty Crown? It's usually released every Thursday and now it's Friday.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #247 of 177,744
Unfortunately i think i've grown out of anime/manga.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #249 of 177,744

Quote:
You have been banned if this is really true. Anime/manga isn't for everybody though.

I haven't watched any anime since november. I hugely enjoy beelzebub but i haven't gotten around to catching up.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #250 of 177,744

Quote:
Unfortunately i think i've grown out of anime/manga.

Hopefully I won't ever grow out of anime/manga. Like books and movies, they are so diverse. Just needs to find the right ones I guess. No more anime/manga that panders one's sexual desires (e.g. any harem/ecchi shows) or bleh shonen friendship-is-power kind of show.

Ahh that reminds I still haven't watch any GITS, and Appleseed for that matter. They are connected somehow yes?

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #251 of 177,744

Quote:
Well, if you want something inexpensive, the Swan M10 and Klipch Promedias are great. Although, I really think you should invest in some planar speakers. There's an inexpensive pair at The Audio Insider. Planar I think has faster response. You need to let the sub burn in for a bit or else it will be a little behind the tweeter. Somebody on OCN linked me a review to another set of planars but it should cover most planars. Kind of makes me wonder if Audeze will get into the speaker business and make planar speakers.

No more Guilty Crown? It's usually released every Thursday and now it's Friday.

I'm just planning to run these from my D1, these will all run fine with RCA right? Looks like at least the M10 does. It looks really cool too.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #252 of 177,744

Quote:
I haven't watched any anime since november. I hugely enjoy beelzebub but i haven't gotten around to catching up.

Then you haven't grown out of anything Bcasey, just need a break
wink_face.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #253 of 177,744
So I put some of those felt anti-scratch pads you put on the bottom of vases and chairs and stuff on my CAL!s cups. Time to listen to that 3 anime songs I noted here. Because for the love of me, I think I hear a difference, can't tell want. Oh yeah, this will be off topic. And if any of you have any listening experience with CAL! maybe you can chime in too. 

EDIT: LOL nothing like some SZS's OP and EP to feel the difference.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #254 of 177,744

on angel beats: wished to listen more to that background separate more. So so much going on back there. Also if the vocals could be a little bit forward would be nice.
Vocals did get forward now. I can hear cymbals more clearly now. I can separate a bit more instruments in the background now. Acoustic guitar, piano, maybe violins? Not much changed though, except the vocals did get forward to my favorite level. Don't know about the bass though. I didn't note about bass before, but I think bass is more controlled, not boomy, but does delivers the impact when it needs. An okay youtube video of it, but a bit crackly, as always.

on gundam 00: the bass thump should be a smidgen less, and all would be perfect.
This song cements my opinion that the bass is more controlled now. There is thump but did not overwhelm the beautiful female voice. And I think the instrument separation did get better. This is a good video of it, with HD option. Again, its youtube so same caveats apply.

on full moon: the bass again. wish it were a bit lesser. but that last part at the end. so so awesome.
Like I said, the bass is more controlled. It's great now. A surprisingly good video for a 240p video.

Overall I'm surprised how a simple felt pad tacked opposite to the driver can change it this much. I guess I don't have to buy anything for a while lol. I still need to listen to a lot of my more familiar songs though, mostly SZS OSTs lol. Just love it so much.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #255 of 177,744
Quote:

Overall I'm surprised how a simple felt pad tacked opposite to the driver can change it this much. I guess I don't have to buy anything for a while lol. I still need to listen to a lot of my more familiar songs though, mostly SZS OSTs lol. Just love it so much.

Heh, I like the SZS OSTs too.

Have you tried messing about with some EQ? Sounds like it might be your cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back