「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #226 of 177,744

Quote:

O.o.. "I don't even know if that was a question or a declarative statement"

Could you kindly elaborate what it is you are saying, much thanks. Is it implied but I am simply missing the life experience to catch it???

Aoi and Galileo are two characters from Horizon but then I noticed the last names and the anime. Horizon...*puke*

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #228 of 177,744

Quote:
Does anyone here listen toFinal fantasy soundtracks? Especially the piano collections. Works of art imo.

Yup, pretty much all the music and special osts for VI-X. Distant Worlds is amazing and I want more orchestral arrangements!

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #229 of 177,744

Quote:
The only anime song I have is Aoi Shiori by Galileo Galilei. It was in Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai... *takes breath. So much crying...

i give u props if u typed that name out. lol checked out the eries....not tomy liking sadly :/ i'll check out the songs though

Quote:
so no news on Evangelion i take it?

I'm sorry, I guess nobody here has seen it :/ I feel bad that u came asking and we can't give u an answer

Anybody seen Evangellion Movies and can give RexAeterna an answer?

Quote:
Aoi and Galileo are two characters from Horizon but then I noticed the last names and the anime. Horizon...*puke*

ahaha. we can now say that ...we hate Horizon now. well not hate...but..man...how much....i don't even know what to say

Quote:
Does anyone here listen toFinal fantasy soundtracks? Especially the piano collections. Works of art imo.

Sadly no :/

Quote:
Yup, pretty much all the music and special osts for VI-X. Distant Worlds is amazing and I want more orchestral arrangements!

I need to check out all these songs but am too lazy and youtube is putting me off >_<

Yes I mass quote a lot since i can't watch this thread 24/7 and would like to respond to everyone

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #231 of 177,744

Quote:
Nothing past the first two movies, as far as I know.  I haven't heard rumblings of the next part coming out, though that doesn't mean it's not in the works...just I haven't heard anything.  :p

I don't even know what the movies are about...are thye just remasters of the series. i didn't like the end of the series.. too dificult to understand

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #232 of 177,744

Quote:
ahaha. we can now say that ...we hate Horizon now. well not hate...but..man...how much....i don't even know what to say

Hate is a strong word, but not strong enough.

Okay everybody, try to watch these two videos for as long as you can.

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #234 of 177,744

Quote:

Got it, It took me googleling "Horizon anime" and looking at the details on myanimelist.net to understand. I've never seen Horizon... guessing I'm a lucky one, no. LOL

Quote:
so no news on Evangelion i take it?

I'm also waiting...

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #235 of 177,744

Quote:
I always meant to watch NGE as people always said its a Gainax classic mindf***. Always something else took my attention though. 

I'd get back on that videos though. Watching something.

i saw NGE when i was young. don't remember it but i do remember it was a mind....wow. i was also gonna say mind you know what but then isaw u wrote it too. i didn't even see u write that part..wow. we think so alike on what terms to use lol

Quote:
Got it, It took me googleling "Horizon anime" and looking at the details on myanimelist.net to understand. I've never seen Horizon... guessing I'm a lucky one, no. LOL

I'm also waiting...

haha yeah. ur lucky. u will be all....what is going on?

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #236 of 177,744

Quote:
I don't even know what the movies are about...are thye just remasters of the series. i didn't like the end of the series.. too dificult to understand

It's part remastering and part re-visioning.  The first movie sticks pretty close to the story of the first batch of episodes, with a few things added in and a bunch of stuff cut out, probably to shorten up the time length.  I had mixed feelings about it, honestly, because while some of the new visuals were cool, some felt to me like they didn't add much.  The abridged story also made me feel like Shinji was even more of a neurotic whiny basket case than he already was in the series because there wasn't quite as much personal history or "normal" time portrayed.  The story is supposed to start deviating more in the second movie, with the addition of a character that was never part of the TV series, but I haven't seen it yet.  Kinda funny since I watched the first movie on the big screen while it was at an international film festival here, and I own the second movie on blu ray, but just haven't watched it yet.  Anyway, not sure if I could recommend it to you if the series struck you as difficult to understand.  The shortened format may make things easier for you to get, but it might seem disjointed or something too.  Can't really say since I haven't seen the second movie yet.

Quote:
I always meant to watch NGE as people always said its a Gainax classic mindf***. Always something else took my attention though. 

I'd get back on that videos though. Watching something.

Funny story is that Gainax received written death threats after the head games and cheaper budget ending of the TV series came out.  I joke that the movies that followed were the director Anno's way of saying "Oh yeah?  OK...you want to know what happened?!?!?  Here's what happened!!!"  Then he made an even bigger mindf*** of a story.

For people who've seen Eva and want a quick giggle, here's an old quote that I still use as the signature on my personal email accounts.  It was attributed to Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, who was the character designer who worked on Eva with Anno.  "If it's true that it has become popular in many countries, then it means that the whole world feels the same disease of the soul."-Yoshiyuki Sadamoto on Neon Genesis Evangelion's International Appeal

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #238 of 177,744
That's a tough one.  I think as an intro to Eva, it may work, though I fear that some of the character background and depth will obviously have to be abridged due to trying to cram 6 episodes worth of info into half the time, let alone adding another whole new character.  I'll have a better idea of that after I see Evangelion 2.22, but the movies (in particular, 1.11) would probably at least give you an idea of the basic premise of the world and the main characters.  Though, like I said, the main "protagonist" seemed more whiny and petty than in the TV series.  Mostly because I think there is less in the movie to really give you any good reason why he's like that, though the re-vision may bring that up in the second movie.  Basically, if you watch the movie and find the premise interesting, but hate pretty much all the characters, the TV series probably won't be sufficiently different and in-depth to change your mind.  Then again, if you can kind censor your brain of all the whiny Shinji moments in the movie, they MAY be easier to take or ignore in the TV series.

I honestly really like the series a lot, and have had several debates about the nature of the show and its merits as an allegory about the human existence.  That said, I totally don't think it's for everyone and wouldn't just blindly tell someone "ZOMG!  MUST WATCH!", since there are times I found myself uncomfortable and could see why someone wouldn't like the show at all.  A lot of people (actually a majority of those whom I've talked to) also find fault in the ending of the series and don't like it, while I actually liked it quite a bit.  Keep in mind that Evangelion is also one of those shows that benefits from a huge amount of backstory and history that is not available at all in the series.  It's kind of like Fate/Stay Night for me, in that regard, though not quite as extreme since there wasn't nearly as much material that predated the series.  Just they came up with more stuff in the process that is never really shown or fully explained.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #239 of 177,744

Quote:
That's a tough one.    I'll have a better idea of that after I see Evangelion 2.22, but the movies (in particular, 1.11) would probably at least give you an idea of the basic premise of the world and the main characters.  Though, like I said, the main "protagonist" seemed more whiny and petty than in the TV series.  Mostly because I think there is less in the movie to really give you any good reason why he's like that, though the re-vision may bring that up in the second movie.  Basically, if you watch the movie and find the premise interesting, but hate pretty much all the characters, the TV series probably won't be sufficiently different and in-depth to change your mind.  Then again, if you can kind censor your brain of all the whiny Shinji moments in the movie, they MAY be easier to take or ignore in the TV series.

I honestly really like the series a lot, and have had several debates about the nature of the show and its merits as an allegory about the human existence.  That said, I totally don't think it's for everyone and wouldn't just blindly tell someone "ZOMG!  MUST WATCH!", since there are times I found myself uncomfortable and could see why someone wouldn't like the show at all.  A lot of people (actually a majority of those whom I've talked to) also find fault in the ending of the series and don't like it, while I actually liked it quite a bit.  Keep in mind that Evangelion is also one of those shows that benefits from a huge amount of backstory and history that is not available at all in the series.  It's kind of like Fate/Stay Night for me, in that regard, though not quite as extreme since there wasn't nearly as much material that predated the series.  Just they came up with more stuff in the process that is never really shown or fully explained.

"I think as an intro to Eva, it may work, though I fear that some of the [character background and depth] will obviously have to be abridged due to trying to cram 6 episodes worth of info into half the time, let alone adding another whole new character."
^this.

It's like watching the last few episodes of Death Note and going "WTFrack did I just watch?" or Eureka Seven or Ghost in the Shell...... O.o

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #240 of 177,744

Quote:

"I think as an intro to Eva, it may work, though I fear that some of the [character background and depth] will obviously have to be abridged due to trying to cram 6 episodes worth of info into half the time, let alone adding another whole new character."
^this.

It's like watching the last few episodes of Death Note and going "WTFrack did I just watch?" or Eureka Seven or Ghost in the Shell...... O.o

yeah, with Death Note it's not so bad. but with Eureka seven..it's like...WT.....F was that? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back