「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,772 of 177,745
Thank you Equs, yes, how it was mastered, and then recorded, converted and exported changes how it was. a HD 1080p video that i downloaded off youtube in full 1080p quality had an 160kbps CBR audio track to it if you are wondering. that's 80kbps per channel. some are even less, and depending on the encoding, if they(sub groups) did anything to it, did some useless converting etc. it could affect sound quality

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #1,773 of 177,745
So...an extremely fast acting trojan backdoor just took over my main PC and destroyed it.... That virus was a savior :) Now I won't have to procrastinate and move forward to re-instal again! Thanks Mr.Virus :D I've been thinking about this for 2 weeks actually and you came just in time :D

..now im moving files over to an external. about 200GiB's in total. about 15GiB's in movies, and some games and documents..and 185GiB's of anime :)

SAVE ALL THE ANIME;S!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i made the theme just now :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #1,776 of 177,745

Quote:
So...an extremely fast acting trojan backdoor just took over my main PC and destroyed it.... That virus was a savior :) Now I won't have to procrastinate and move forward to re-instal again! Thanks Mr.Virus :D I've been thinking about this for 2 weeks actually and you came just in time :D

..now im moving files over to an external. about 200GiB's in total. about 15GiB's in movies, and some games and documents..and 185GiB's of anime :)

SAVE ALL THE ANIME;S!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i made the theme just now :)

Linux! wheee.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #1,778 of 177,745
Only 180GB of anime? Come back to me when you've got over 1TB, we can talk about storage, backup, and restoration solutions then.

(Protip: RAID6.)

ETA: 1 double-sided dual-layer DVD = 17GB = 15.9GiB (a little over that, actually, but not a significant amount enough to matter). So he'd need at least 10 double-sided dual-layer DVDs to store all of that anime, and it wouldn't be playable as a DVD because hey guess what, DVD can't into 720p/1080p/mkv (which is what most quality releases are, nowadays).

ETA2L Also, DSDLDVD are pretty rare. Most common DVDs (e.g., the kind you can buy in spindles of 25-50 discs) are DVD +/- (R)W, and are single-sided, which brings you down to ~9GB storage (and half again if it's single-layer as well).

-- Griffinhart

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,779 of 177,745

Quote:
Only 180GB of anime? Come back to me when you've got over 1TB, we can talk about storage, backup, and restoration solutions then.

(Protip: RAID6.)

ETA: 1 double-sided dual-layer DVD = 17GB = 15.9GiB (a little over that, actually, but not a significant amount enough to matter). So he'd need at least 10 double-sided dual-layer DVDs to store all of that anime, and it wouldn't be playable as a DVD because hey guess what, DVD can't into 720p/1080p/mkv (which is what most quality releases are, nowadays).

ETA2L Also, DSDLDVD are pretty rare. Most common DVDs (e.g., the kind you can buy in spindles of 25-50 discs) are DVD +/- (R)W, and are single-sided, which brings you down to ~9GB storage (and half again if it's single-layer as well).

-- Griffinhart

I can just imagine the hours of downloading and watching

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,784 of 177,745

I know about Dual Layer DVD's and all that, like you said, only problem is cost per GB(or GiB) and how easy it is to use and stuff like that. >_<

I only have 7 series that accounted for that 180GB so I know what you mean by having at least a TB :) all that animu :3

Was the new episode of Papa no iku good? how was it hybrid? no spoilers of course

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #1,785 of 177,745
1TB anime is really not that much if you think about it...
1 episode ≈ 300MB+
I watch around 20+ series per season
12-13 episodes per series per season
4 seasons in a year
Thats 0.3 x 12 x 20 x 4 = 288
aprox. 300GB per year... 
and then I'd have the OP/ED/IN singles, character / drama CDs, and maybe OSTs

But now I don't store most of my anime simply because I rarely re-watch and limited space.
I only keep anime to seed for BakaBT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back