「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 9, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #168,227 of 177,746
*Breaching of terms and conditions intensifies*

Lightning -> F to F Lightning adapter -> M Lightning to F 3.5 mm -> M to M 3.5 mm cable. Won't work, but it's easy!

The resulting setup would be digital (device) -> analog (3.5 mm out) -> digital (Lightning) -> analog (earphones). Distortion to the max :)

Mm...
I just can't believe that they can't engineer a bypass for the potential inline DAC/Amp using two of the pins for electrical impulses. They had to have this 3.5mm jack drop planned since the inception of the lightning connector idea, and the most elegant solution was having every wired ear/headphone have an inline DAC/Amp?

I have no electrical engineering knowledge, but it seems a bit of a miscalculation to me. Unless they always planned wireless to be the goal, in which case, this audio via lightning is a just a temporary bridge.

This:

vs. this?:

There is no contest.

On this note, does anyone know why most every American animation put zero effort into making aesthetic character designs/art in general (this could be my confirmation bias at play so please correct me if I'm wrong)? I think it's one of the reasons why people who've never watched anime consider it to be childish.

Lol, not the Bebop gif I'd have used. But they're all awesome.

They heyday of aesthetically pleasing animation ended at the turn of the millennium as far as I'm concerned, with Disney throwing the occasional bone thereafter. But over the years, there have been some truly great and beautiful shows and/or characters at the least. Disney, Warner Bros, Nickeloden later on, and Hanna-Barbera all played key roles. Hanna-Barbera especially IMO was a tour de force of creativity and aesthetic variation over the years. Their portfolio is incredibly varied and really amazing if you consider what else was out there in the US.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #168,228 of 177,746
In case anyone needs to complete their Godzilla figure collection and has a few SR-009's to sell:

http://www.evastore.jp/pc/shin-godzilla-special.html

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #168,229 of 177,746
iPhones go up for preorder in around 10 minutes, I hope the lightning>3.5mm adaptor does as well. I wonder if I'm the only person in the world who is buying one and has no intentions of getting the iPhone 7... :p

Well in the two minutes it took me to almost place an order, the shipping times changed from 2-3 business days to like 20 days....rip in peace.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #168,234 of 177,746
https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/08/airpods-non-apple-devices/

Apple says that using the AirPods with a device from another manufacturer is pretty dull. The company explained to The Verge that the in-ears "just lose the magic when not used with an Apple device." Of course, that "magic" is the quick connection, a virtual assistant and the ability to move easily between devices without having to re-pair them. It sounds like the earbuds will function as basic Bluetooth headphones if you connect them to a non-Apple gadget.

Really? That's their argument?

I feel like for most people the auto-pairing is convenient once or twice when they receive the product and that's it. I'm not sure if most people use those headphones with more than one device. Maybe at best phone and laptop, tablet for some but I assume if you're buying AirPods you've already bought into the entire Apple ecosystem.

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #168,235 of 177,746

Nah i got the joke.
https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/08/airpods-non-apple-devices/
Really? That's their argument?

I feel like for most people the auto-pairing is convenient once or twice when they receive the product and that's it. I'm not sure if most people use those headphones with more than one device. Maybe at best phone and laptop, tablet for some but I assume if you're buying AirPods you've already bought into the entire Apple ecosystem.

Not as bad as that earlier article... I just ...
saw 1.1k karma from that post of mine :cool:

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #168,239 of 177,746
On this note, does anyone know why most every American animation put zero effort into making aesthetic character designs/art in general (this could be my confirmation bias at play so please correct me if I'm wrong)? I think it's one of the reasons why people who've never watched anime consider it to be childish.

While technically not American, French actually, Gumball's aesthetics is quite unique. There's also Steven with its soft, easy to the eyes style. Though both creators get too weeby sometimes... especially the Gumball episode from a few weeks ago.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #168,240 of 177,746

While technically not American, French actually, Gumball's aesthetics is quite unique. There's also Steven with its soft, easy to the eyes style. Though both creators get too weeby sometimes... especially the Gumball episode from a few weeks ago.

Gumball is amazing, they had that hilarious LOTR episode; too bad I don't follow it anymore, maybe I should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back