「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 8, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #168,211 of 177,747
I had one phone like that. Never understood why though. Once the earphones broke, there are no ways of using them for music anymore...

buy new.

I like how people are hating Apple for removing the headphone jack, yet no one cared when Motorolla removed theirs in the Moto Z.

maybe because you can pick other Android phones out there in the sea.
And no one cares bout Motorola anyway.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #168,214 of 177,747
Well, Apple isn't the first to do this though...
I think some old Sony Ericsson phones and Nokia Windows phones also didn't have headphone jack and instead that schiitty weird proprietary connector. Now they're unheard of, probably because they're so small compared to Apple.

So did most Nokias, Samsungs and Blackberrys pre-2008. Not only were they proprietary, they were also near impossible to get replacements/adapters for. Funny thing is Apple was one of the first to widely adopt the 3.5 mm jack in all their devices, and now they're the first to get rid of it.

I like how people are hating Apple for removing the headphone jack, yet no one cared when Motorolla removed theirs in the Moto Z.

No one cares about the Moto Z in general though...

Moto went downhill after the 2nd Gen devices.

True. They went downhill after Google sucked Moto dry of the patents they wanted and sold it to Lenovo. A similar thing's going to happen with Nokia.

Ironically, this is basically Lenovo's doing and we all know they load rootkit/malware on an unknown number of their computers...

Folks, what could completely surpass Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Clannad, Death Note and any other else?

Nothing can completely surpass Clannad.
[rule]
Is the rich text editor broken? Also, is this new?

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #168,216 of 177,747
Folks, what could completely surpass Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Clannad, Death Note and any other else?

Nothing, I afraid.

So did most Nokias, Samsungs and Blackberrys pre-2008. Not only were they proprietary, they were also near impossible to get replacements/adapters for. Funny thing is Apple was one of the first to widely adopt the 3.5 mm jack in all their devices, and now they're the first to get rid of it.
True. They went downhill after Google sucked Moto dry of the patents they wanted and sold it to Lenovo. A similar thing's going to happen with Nokia.

[rule]
Is the rich text editor broken? Also, is this new?

I remember having the old Nokia phone before smartphone era and they have this annoying 2.5mm and it was not even balanced. Thus why I had DAP too.

I feel offended by your Azusa

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #168,217 of 177,747
Nothing, I afraid.
I remember having the old Nokia phone before smartphone era and they have this annoying 2.5mm and it was not even balanced. Thus why I had DAP too.

Those eras ... Nobody had any god damn standards...
Even the smartphones of the day (windows mobile oh the horrors) most were rocking awful proprietary jacks.
Except perhaps 1 or 2 that came out before iPhone did

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #168,218 of 177,747
One day my 3d printed vr imouto princess waifu will ask me "Onii-chan, back in your day is it true people didn't have to implant new ears to hear new music and we could of had free access to a 3.5mm plug to listen to whatever we pleased?"

Apple saw the future and helped us take one step closer to true utopia. I want a ghost in the shell future, maybe a deus ex future but a mad max future would be fine too if sempai Trump is my new president and world leader.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 8, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #168,219 of 177,747

Surpass is a strong word. But if we're talking classics, you can add stuff like cowboy bebop to your watch list.

Arguably, those phones weren't really designed with a music player in mind as a key feature. The earphones provided were usually for headset use or because the phones *had* music players. I wouldn't even count old devices.

+1 on Clannad. Used the Steam sale to finally get the game. It'll be a while before I do the main route.

[rule]

Good lord that lightning splitter is awful.

[rule]

What actually is a bit bad is that if you buy lightning earphones, you can't use them anywhere else. Is there a lightning female to 3.5mm male adapter?

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #168,220 of 177,747

*Breaching of terms and conditions intensifies*

What actually is a bit bad is that if you buy lightning earphones, you can't use them anywhere else. Is there a lightning female to 3.5mm male adapter?

Lightning -> F to F Lightning adapter -> M Lightning to F 3.5 mm -> M to M 3.5 mm cable. Won't work, but it's easy!

The resulting setup would be digital (device) -> analog (3.5 mm out) -> digital (Lightning) -> analog (earphones). Distortion to the max :)

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #168,222 of 177,747
Surpass is a strong word. But if we're talking classics, you can add stuff like cowboy bebop to your watch list.

Oh I forgot cowboy bebop, I've put the cowboy with rick and morty and unconsciously think it as American stuff....

This:

vs. this?:

There is no contest.

On this note, does anyone know why most every American animation put zero effort into making aesthetic character designs/art in general (this could be my confirmation bias at play so please correct me if I'm wrong)? I think it's one of the reasons why people who've never watched anime consider it to be childish.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #168,223 of 177,747
This:

vs. this?:

There is no contest.

On this note, does anyone know why most every American animation put zero effort into making aesthetic character designs/art in general (this could be my confirmation bias at play so please correct me if I'm wrong)? I think it's one of the reasons why people who've never watched anime consider it to be childish.

I literally follow hundreds of character designers on FB who work hard creating extremely unique and interesting character designs on a daily basis for practice. And that's just practice, not even what they do for professional work.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #168,224 of 177,747

Originally cost, it's a lot easier to animate simple designs. On top of that, American animation has historically aimed for more fps vs. aesthetics. Part of what makes "anime" anime, are all of the tricks Japan came up with to cheat animation and get down to 1-12 fps. This all of course was mostly developed in the early days with things like Astro boy, and Speed Racer but you saw it a lot in Dragon Ball fights.

Now a theory is that these days, since the cost issue set in in the 70's and 80's, is that the American animation industry probably just doesn't have the manpower in terms of skilled animators. There's probably a pretty big hole in the industry here as all the old timers left the game decades ago and the big companies like Disney don't do much in the way of drawn films anymore. We're left with a passionate few and even fewer of them actually get funding. The reality of US animation is it's 90% cg shows like Bubble Guppies and children's shows like that. The stuff for adults amounts to what, a few dozen shows that get a handful of episodes per year?

The line backgrounds during those fights in Dragon Ball are a good example, there's a lot of "action" here but not actually as many frames of animation as it would appear to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back