「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #157,216 of 177,747
  Alright on Newegg from $50 and below:

G303 w/ Pixart/Avago 3366: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826197036
Torq X5 using a 3988 (imo the dumbest ambi mouse of all time b/c the cable isn't in the middle so it's more a right handed mouse): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826188004
G302 w/ AM010: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE31W3345
M45 w/ Avago 3310 (refurbished): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816045

First 3 are $50 flat. M45 refurbished is $30.

As for 3310 mice apparently some have a few tracking issues at 5000 dpi and around there, not that you should be using it that high anyways. All 3 should be fine for fingertip grip, the 303/302 might cause cramping. That's all. I've taken the liberty of ignoring Razer, though if you do want Razer I think you can get the Deathadder for sub $50.

Edit: apparently 3988 have some smoothing issues, so I'm not sure what to think anymore. Some say it's just how Razer's firmware is w/ their 3988 implementations. I don't remember much about the Torq X5 except that it's a freaking steal for a 3988. I heard good things last time I looked into that mouse.

Edit: nvmd Torq X5 is great. EVGA did a much better job implementing the S3988 than Razer has done. Much less smoothing.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1565711/torqx-x3-x5-review-with-nice-pictures

Many thanks
beerchug.gif

Too bad the Torq isn't available here :frowning2:
Guess I'll settle with the 302/303.....or try this one really cheap refurbished 502 :|

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #157,217 of 177,747
Ah balls. Didn't know you guys were all mouse nerds, especially when I was looking for one just a week or so ago :l What's a decent, cheap mouse pad to snag? I'm using a Coke Zero mouse pad that a friend gave to me like 3 years ago LOL. It's the most woeful mousepad for gaming ever. I'm not some crazy rail gun, headshot popping Xxno_scopexX dude, but I'd like to have my reticule not skip when I'm playing L4D :l 

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #157,219 of 177,747
Seems that's only sold in the Netherlands?

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #157,221 of 177,747
  Ah balls. Didn't know you guys were all mouse nerds, especially when I was looking for one just a week or so ago :l What's a decent, cheap mouse pad to snag? I'm using a Coke Zero mouse pad that a friend gave to me like 3 years ago LOL. It's the most woeful mousepad for gaming ever. I'm not some crazy rail gun, headshot popping Xxno_scopexX dude, but I'd like to have my reticule not skip when I'm playing L4D :l 

I use a hard surface mouse pad I got from Sc2 heart of the swarm. I might get a Feenix Dimora for another hard surface mouse pad.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 27, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #157,222 of 177,747
Seems that's only sold in the Netherlands?

Strange. Looks like it's not manufactured anymore? There's quite a few of them on Allegro (Polish eBay basically), but I assume it's just them selling their stock. Oh well, the actual Steelseries QCK doesn't seem to be that much on Amazon.

BTW: www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx27RLRUTP9LWSC/? lol

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #157,224 of 177,747
Strange. Looks like it's not manufactured anymore? There's quite a few of them on Allegro (Polish eBay basically), but I assume it's just them selling their stock. Oh well, the actual Steelseries QCK doesn't seem to be that much on Amazon.

BTW: www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx27RLRUTP9LWSC/? lol

LOL. Gotta love those troll comments. Reminds me of that one hyper expensive USB/audio cable that has all joke reviews on Amazon. I might look into the steel series pads then. The Feenix looks pretty cool, but I don't like the idea of a hard, plastic mouse pad. I tend to lift my mouse to execute some quick maneuvers and the clacking of the mouse against the pad would just drive me nuts. 

Oh, and Rosenberg's brief mention of ano hana reminded that I finally finished Ano Hana yesterday after putting it off for so long ( I was on ep 9). I wasn't quite sure that the show would actually get to me by the end, but damn, they just went all out in that finale. Most brutal game of hide and seek ever. The constant refrain of "mou ii kai" followed by "mada da you" and finally "mou ii you" reminded me of one of my favorite Going Steady/Ging Nang Boyz songs: 

The use of the ED theme was pretty brilliant, and I felt a swell as it kicked in just as the rocket shot off in the sky. I think having Menma seemingly be 5 or 6 years old mentally was a sort of weird decision for the show overall, but I guess there was a certain childlike purity to her character that juxtaposed nicely against the others and made it all the more sadder that everything surrounding that group was seemingly locked in time, including their deceased friend. All in all, another great effort from A-1, but Shigatsu wa was still much stronger overall for me. 

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #157,225 of 177,747

Oh, and Rosenberg's brief mention of ano hana reminded that I finally finished Ano Hana yesterday after putting it off for so long ( I was on ep 9). I wasn't quite sure that the show would actually get to me by the end, but damn, they just went all out in that finale. Most brutal game of hide and seek ever. The constant refrain of "mou ii kai" followed by "mada da you" and finally "mou ii you" reminded me of one of my favorite Going Steady/Ging Nang Boyz songs: 

Welp yea ano hana is old, i didn't feel anything special about it, maybe mostly because I didn't like all characters there.
Kinda sad, but I did not jump on the bandwagon

Meanwhile the bolded ones remind me only of min 2:04 of this song

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #157,227 of 177,747
  Seems relevant to recent discussion. I noticed this in the upper right, below my Head-Fi account name.

Yay, account linking. Wonder if there's any benefit whatsoever to doing this. Think I'll pass for now.

It benefits the people doing data mining / big data analysis.
wink.gif

@Darkness 2nd 04

Yay! Nemesis anime debut! :D

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #157,228 of 177,747
  Seems relevant to recent discussion. I noticed this in the upper right, below my Head-Fi account name.

Yay, account linking. Wonder if there's any benefit whatsoever to doing this. Think I'll pass for now.

Really odd addition. How do I benefit from that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back