「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #15,361 of 177,747
@Bowei
Can you explain what you did in more detail?? I don't really get what you did....

I wanna play Osu! on touch screen too!!!!!!!!!

DAMNIT!!!!!

Nice song!

I found the song "Bad Apple!!" in Osu not long ago, Its awesome!!

Yeah, Bad Apple is awesome.

Osu is really easy with a touch device (drawing tablet or tablet/phone/mp3 with touch screen). It's a PITA to do with a mouse sometimes. I think it's great practice for hand-eye coordination and accuracy with your mouse.

Talking about touch devices, I'm probably going to get one of Wacom's Bamboo tablets with multi-touch support to make Windows 8 more...fun or easier to use because it's tablet oriented.

Well, touch screen is not better though. The really fast tracks are more difficult with touchscreen since you can't move your hand fast enough. As far as I know most top players use mouse, well at least my aniki does, and he's really good.

So is that why you learn 2 different styles?

No. I'm a brown-belt in Judo, but I started doing Jiu-jitsu as someone suddenly volunteered to do it. About 15/20 people from my Judo group joined the jiu-jitsu group, since the lessons are right after one another. Jiu-jitsu is almost the same as judo, except the scoring system is different and it's newasa only (sparring on the ground as opposed to standing).

So it's composition?

What you wrote?
Nah that's short story.

Well, if the fansub group is REALLY REALLY anticipating it too, then they should be able to do it a few weeks

Few weeks? I think 3-5 days is more reaslistic. Subbing really doesn't take that long, especially if you work with a decent sized and experienced team.

The concert was AWESOME! Wish I was there. Probably it's just me. And they really did put some efforts to leran playing instruments just for the show

Concert? I thought you were talking about the 'Live House' special.

Such a nice place. Are the restaurants the chain-food types or a one of a kind restaurants?

None of the teppanyaki restaurants are chains. There are three in my town, and they are all really quite good.
They are all owned by Chinese people, though. Only the really fancy Japanese restaurants have actual Japanese staff.

I wanna know if it's cheaper to make own O2 or order the parts given that I want to use the same parts

What do you mean?

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #15,362 of 177,747
@borisu

is something wrong?

I am going from NFB 12.1 to DAC out with fixed to the O2 and then from the O2's headphone out is what I am analyzing with these results?

Nothing wrong. It's probably the bad ADC in your computer that gives these bad results. Do you have a sound card, or do you use onboard sound?

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #15,363 of 177,747
Quote:
Nothing wrong. It's probably the bad ADC in your computer that gives these bad results. Do you have a sound card, or do you use onboard sound?

I pinned 90% that what was going wrong was thta I was plugging it DIRECTLY into my onboard sound's Line in. The DAC and ADC in this is terrible. Better than most onboard though actually but still pretty suckish..

[size=12pt]
Summary​
[/size]

[size=10pt] Frequency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB[/size][size=10pt] +0.21, -0.11
[/size]
[size=10pt] Very good
[/size]
[size=10pt] Noise level, dB (A)[/size][size=10pt] -61.8
[/size]
[size=10pt] Poor
[/size]
[size=10pt] Dynamic range, dB (A)[/size][size=10pt] 62.0
[/size]
[size=10pt] Poor
[/size]
[size=10pt] THD, %[/size][size=10pt] 0.033
[/size]
[size=10pt] Good
[/size]
[size=10pt] THD + Noise, dB (A)[/size][size=10pt] -56.4
[/size]
[size=10pt] Poor
[/size]
[size=10pt] IMD + Noise, %[/size][size=10pt] 0.222
[/size]
[size=10pt] Average
[/size]
[size=10pt] Stereo crosstalk, dB[/size][size=10pt] -61.6
[/size]
[size=10pt] Average
[/size]
[size=10pt] IMD at 10 kHz, %[/size][size=10pt] 0.219
[/size]
[size=10pt] Average
[/size]
[size=10pt] General performance[/size][size=10pt]  
[/size]
[size=10pt] Average

[/size]

Just did it directly with NFB 12.1 headphone out. I can tell you that this is B.S

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #15,364 of 177,747
It's cheaper to buy it off someone that does know and can accurately and with least amount of money due to redoing parts and section and doing it fast make the unit if you just want the unit and don't care for DIY and learning from it.... That's what the O2 is ....and Audio Gd is just a more professional DIY company in my opinion.

'a more proffesional DIY company'. You do realize those two terms are fully contradicting?

DIY is not a way to save money, even if the cost of parts may be lower than a new unit. In fact, with all the tools and whatnot, DIY is easily more expensive, especially on your first build. And there's always the risk of making mistakes and blowing parts.
DIY is for those who find it fun. Not for saving money.

You'll understand after using up 1.5 rolls of 2Lbs Solder.....
Lead poisoning will suck. and that's what high power irons are for!

I haven't even gone through my first 200g roll yet. And I wouldn't even know where to get lead free solder or a soldering iron. Here in Europe leaded solder is used pretty much exclusively.
As long as you clean your hands, and do all the soldering in a well ventilated room you should be safe from health hazards.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #15,365 of 177,747
I pinned 90% that what was going wrong was thta I was plugging it DIRECTLY into my onboard sound's Line in. The DAC and ADC in this is terrible. Better than most onboard though actually but still pretty suckish..

Just did it directly with NFB 12.1 headphone out. I can tell you that this is B.S

It is.

Like I said, you need to use a proper ADC.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #15,367 of 177,747
Quote:
'a more proffesional DIY company'. You do realize those two terms are fully contradicting?
DIY is not a way to save money, even if the cost of parts may be lower than a new unit. In fact, with all the tools and whatnot, DIY is easily more expensive, especially on your first build. And there's always the risk of making mistakes and blowing parts.
I haven't even gone through my first 200g roll yet. And I wouldn't even know where to get lead free solder or a soldering iron. Here in Europe leaded solder is used pretty much exclusively.
As long as you clean your hands, and do all the soldering in a well ventilated room you should be safe from health hazards.

I did have a thought on if a professional company that does stuff from their minds like this...would be just a professional company :/

I need more HETAKOI!!!

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #15,368 of 177,747
My onboard is from VIA, it is a higher end consumer series onboard.....but considering that other onboards are disasterous. This is just decent with headphone listening.

*uninstalls* RMAA

:'(

I have chores now but I'll come back and watch ep 6 of Umineko....sea cat.........

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #15,369 of 177,747
Quote:
I do it on my iphone and can just keep up on easy........

My cousin deals a lot with tablets. I don't think you are an artist though but I understand what you mean. I will hope that somebody realizes that some want to do that and thus..will make a cheap $100 dedicated full multi captive touch screen that is at least 15" wide

Not sure how good your hand coordination and accuracy is...

I'm not an artist, at least I don't think I am and I'm not into drawing and such. If I'm going to be doing any art on paper, it'll be blueprints and math problems (and possibly some music). 
tongue.gif
 The purpose is because of Windows 8's heavy influence off the tablet market. Microsoft has added a lot of touch gestures and such to go with Windows 8, which I'm probably going to get as it offers plenty of control (even more than Windows 7 but not as much as Linux, of course) and speed. It might be a PITA to get some stuff to work with it. Anyways, it'll make using Windows 8 a lot easier. I can always dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8, or run Windows 7 as a virtual machine (or the other way around) for when I want to use it, or just simply stick to whichever one I like better. So simply put, the tablet is for touch gestures and such. The only other use is probably writing.
Quote:

Pasta + Chopsticks = Italian food + Japanese way of eating = Cross culture win

So is that why you learn 2 different styles?

So it's composition?

Well, if the fansub group is REALLY REALLY anticipating it too, then they should be able to do it a few weeks

The concert was AWESOME! Wish I was there. Probably it's just me. And they really did put some efforts to leran playing instruments just for the show

Such a nice place. Are the restaurants the chain-food types or a one of a kind restaurants?

I write with my pencil between my index finger and middle finger. Everyone that sees how I write will gawk and ask me questions

I wanna know if it's cheaper to make own O2 or order the parts given that I want to use the same parts

Well, it's not strictly Japanese, and I feel that it's more of a Chinese thing because IIRC China was around before Japan, and Japan has a lot of Chinese influence (China has Japanese influence too).

Every style/way has its pros and cons. There is no such thing as "perfect", unless you have develop some flow based fighting style with smooth movements that can defend or attack in any circumstance.

I'm jealous of where Tilpo lives. It sounds very nice.

Odd...well, I experimented with pencil holds that I could actually write with awhile ago and one weird one came up. I'd have the pencil stacked on top of my index and fifth finger with my middle and ring finger on top. I can write pretty neat like that surprisingly. I feel most comfortable with the calligraphy brush hold (Chinese) as when used correctly, it's extremely easy to write very, very small. If you apply some science (levers), you'll see why.

Not sure what you mean.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #15,370 of 177,747
@Tilpo
LOL My solder comes in 2-pound rolls!! (and I'm half way through my second roll....)
The problem is that in my apartment there really isn't a well ventilated area....
(and I can't do it in the kitchen since there's food there.)

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #15,371 of 177,747

Friendship out of the machine: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

"Face-clawing anger and disappointment at the ending" is the first thing that come straight to my mind after I finished watching the whole show. But, it's not as bad as I made it to be. If it was, I won't have stuck with it until the end. But then again, I can't say that if I didn't stick with it to the end. Hmm. I won't try to be analytical or very discerning or anything, just voice out my thoughts in a semi-coherent manner.
clip_image001.gif

Before I proceed, lets describe a little bit what Symphogear is as a whole. It is a music-themed power-armoured magical girl warriors fighting otherworldly monsters and meanies by singing their hearts out. For one thing, I'm not too keen on magical girl genres, the most recent one I saw was Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and the last one I can remember prior to that is Mai-Otome, both of which I like, and one of them tremendously. The initial reason why I decided to watch Symphogear in the first place is the resemblance to Mai-Otome.
I followed the show half way through during its original airing, but stopped because of various real life reasons. By that time, I've looked into the voice actors as they sound vaguely familiar. I admit, I'm not that passionate of the who's who and what's what of anime-dom. So colour me surprised and elated that the main character's, Hibiki in this case, VA voiced another main magical girl character before: Madoka from the hit-and-hyped Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

That and the downer beginning showing Hibiki will die at the end of the series. Someone important dies at the end of the series? Hell yeah!! My hope for it was to be another grim and dark magical girl show, now with more singing! Alas, the potential was there, it did not live through it in my opinion.
Story-wise, it's rocky. Started quite grim, but it slowly yet surely gravitated towards a show using power of love and friendship and all the sweet things to win against the bad meanie. It started off quite nicely to my taste, showing a little bit of grim reality being magical girls, but still balancing the show in Hibiki's normal life in school with her friends, and consequently reluctantly forced to join in The Organization to fighting the monsters as a magical girl herself, in secret. I was slightly annoyed by the slice-of-life part, but that's because how I dislike slice-of-life.
Despite that, I quite like how in the show it portrays the straining (yuri :3 ) relationship between Hibiki and her best friend Miku; and the hardship between Tsubasa, a senior magical girl, who had her partner die in front of her eyes, and Hibiki have at working together as her new partner as magical girls now.

There's even the part of the experimentation of developing said power armour using body-harming drugs and serums. Another point in the "grim part" of the show is when Hibiki lost her mind to her magical powers and went berserk for a bit. And then another magical girl appears, and she is rogue! And said rogue magical girl, later revealed as Chris, has a painful and dark childhood too. By this point though, the creeping feeling of friendship and love started to pervade the whole show.
Tsubasa uses a forbidden technique, landing her into a Heroic BSOD, Chris was given a flashback of her life and shown how her current life is very painful and betrayal landed on her yet again, making it perfect target for a save-her-by-friendship-and-love move. The show took a nose dive towards full love and friendship power territory by the end of the show, having the magical girls beat the main bad guy by sacrificing themselves, and brought back to life, for no apparent reason and how! One of the worst things I hate in any show is friendship and love deus ex machina, and by that time, I have been clawing my face in frustration every time it happens.

It can be said, accurately I would assume, that I dislike the speed of transition from dark-and-gritty to full on love-and-peace throughout the series.
There's also quite a lot of in-universe technical terms and pseudo-scientific aspect of the show that's badly explained and incoherent plot points and connections. The first 4 or 5 episode of the show done it fairly well at filling in the audience, but somewhere after that, it seems like they rushed it and crammed plot points that needed a little bit more time to expand to make it shorter. The last 3 episode is quite guilty on this end IMO.

Animation wise, I thought that they executed it fairly good. No weird off model or derp drawings. The parts I arched an eyebrow in disagreement was in any scene involving dodgy CGI. Action sequence were rendered very smoothly and explosively, with each impact sounding meaty and powerful. I'm not hopelessly lost exclaiming "What's happening?!" in fast fight scenes.
Some of the magical girls signature moves are coupled with stylistic freeze frames showing the names of said moves. At first I thought that it's quite cheesy and unnecessary, but it grew on me. IMO, I'd take that any day than exclaimed top-of-your-voice moves for the whole world to hear. It's more authentic, in that in a fight, you wouldn't have time to exclaim your moves. Of course, anime being anime that it has it's own science and logic, but still, it conveys the fight scene better this way IMO. And they would make great desktop wallpaper, and if they would release it, physical posters. Hmm, I have to check on that. Didn't notice too much of the scenery, but it is a slightly more advanced view of our world but not at all too futuristic.
Character design is ... fitting for this kind of genre. It's the usual body tight armoured power suit that conforms around the curves of young teenage girls and colour coded for convenience according to their characteristics, and for the bad guys, a more revealing and sexy portrayal. Because why not, evil are hotter and sexier. Hibiki is the usual genki girl with the optimistic view, Tsubasa is the stoic senior broken bird, Miku is Hibiki's yuri best friend and is trusting and calm, Chris is the tsundere with a dark and troubled past and plagued with hardship and very lonely. There's also the hot sexy scientist, Ryoko, and the tough, cool real-men-wears-pink commander of The Organization called Genjurou.

But there's always that one annoying character that grates my being. A classmate and friend of Hibiki, who always jokes that Hibiki is like an anime character and always compares their life to anime, and how it's not anime. And during a crucial tense moment of life and death and trustworthyness, she's the one who broke down first and tried to redeem herself by being the first one to solve problems after that, and still compares whatever's happening to anime! Good god!

The high point of the whole series, and the low point at the same time, for me was the sound department. Okay, admittedly I can't give my opinion on the Japanese and the moonspeak that followed every transformation sequences and some of the magical moves, but what I can is the English in there is beyond horrible! As a non-native English user, it took me considerate effort not to pierce my ears when the big meanie uses god-awful broken Engrish to converse with a surprisingly good English speaker.
What grew on me throughout the whole show was the music and and soundtrack. At first I find it quite annoying that they're singing in fight scenes, but after a while, the catchy way most J-pop have in them and the pure emotion poured into them by the ever versatile VAs/singers just lodged into my heart and seized it. In fact, there's one fight-song that have had me laughing at the translated lyrics, and making me love it even more.

On the whole, I felt like the show is rushed into a 13 episode series, quite incoherent and sadly, for me, it changed into a cheesy love-and-friendship show from a darker and grimmer with a slight dash of hope kind of show, and in my opinion would be better as a whole if it were longer to slow the transition. The animation is good, music is great, Engrish freakishly the worst I've heard in recent memory, and it's a shame that the potential as a great non-generic magical girl show is slightly lost.

Go here for more images and hard work.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #15,372 of 177,747
My onboard is from VIA, it is a higher end consumer series onboard.....but considering that other onboards are disasterous. This is just decent with headphone listening.

*uninstalls* RMAA

:'(

I have chores now but I'll come back and watch ep 6 of Umineko....sea cat.........

Yeah, even the most high-end of high-end motherboards will probably still have crappy on-board audio. Your reported ~ -60dB FS is actually pretty good relative to others. :wink:

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #15,373 of 177,747
Quote:

Qft. Very true, but sometimes it varies. The thing with computers is that once you get to the point where you have high cost prebuilts, building one will have much better value. With the extremely inexpensive $300 ones, prebuilt can be better most of the time. $300 is pretty difficult.

Would gloves work too? As long as they don't mix in with the solder if it accidentally melts or anything, but I don't think you'll be holding it near the tip, or your free hand.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #15,374 of 177,747
Jgray!!!!!!!
Quote:

​

Friendship out of the machine: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

"Face-clawing anger and disappointment at the ending" is the first thing that come straight to my mind after I finished watching the whole show. But, it's not as bad as I made it to be. If it was, I won't have stuck with it until the end. But then again, I can't say that if I didn't stick with it to the end. Hmm. I won't try to be analytical or very discerning or anything, just voice out my thoughts in a semi-coherent manner.
clip_image001.gif

Before I proceed, lets describe a little bit what Symphogear is as a whole. It is a music-themed power-armoured magical girl warriors fighting otherworldly monsters and meanies by singing their hearts out. For one thing, I'm not too keen on magical girl genres, the most recent one I saw was Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and the last one I can remember prior to that is Mai-Otome, both of which I like, and one of them tremendously. The initial reason why I decided to watch Symphogear in the first place is the resemblance to Mai-Otome.
I followed the show half way through during its original airing, but stopped because of various real life reasons. By that time, I've looked into the voice actors as they sound vaguely familiar. I admit, I'm not that passionate of the who's who and what's what of anime-dom. So colour me surprised and elated that the main character's, Hibiki in this case, VA voiced another main magical girl character before: Madoka from the hit-and-hyped Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

That and the downer beginning showing Hibiki will die at the end of the series. Someone important dies at the end of the series? Hell yeah!! My hope for it was to be another grim and dark magical girl show, now with more singing! Alas, the potential was there, it did not live through it in my opinion.
Story-wise, it's rocky. Started quite grim, but it slowly yet surely gravitated towards a show using power of love and friendship and all the sweet things to win against the bad meanie. It started off quite nicely to my taste, showing a little bit of grim reality being magical girls, but still balancing the show in Hibiki's normal life in school with her friends, and consequently reluctantly forced to join in The Organization to fighting the monsters as a magical girl herself, in secret. I was slightly annoyed by the slice-of-life part, but that's because how I dislike slice-of-life.
Despite that, I quite like how in the show it portrays the straining (yuri :3 ) relationship between Hibiki and her best friend Miku; and the hardship between Tsubasa, a senior magical girl, who had her partner die in front of her eyes, and Hibiki have at working together as her new partner as magical girls now.

There's even the part of the experimentation of developing said power armour using body-harming drugs and serums. Another point in the "grim part" of the show is when Hibiki lost her mind to her magical powers and went berserk for a bit. And then another magical girl appears, and she is rogue! And said rogue magical girl, later revealed as Chris, has a painful and dark childhood too. By this point though, the creeping feeling of friendship and love started to pervade the whole show.
Tsubasa uses a forbidden technique, landing her into a Heroic BSOD, Chris was given a flashback of her life and shown how her current life is very painful and betrayal landed on her yet again, making it perfect target for a save-her-by-friendship-and-love move. The show took a nose dive towards full love and friendship power territory by the end of the show, having the magical girls beat the main bad guy by sacrificing themselves, and brought back to life, for no apparent reason and how! One of the worst things I hate in any show is friendship and love deus ex machina, and by that time, I have been clawing my face in frustration every time it happens.

It can be said, accurately I would assume, that I dislike the speed of transition from dark-and-gritty to full on love-and-peace throughout the series.
There's also quite a lot of in-universe technical terms and pseudo-scientific aspect of the show that's badly explained and incoherent plot points and connections. The first 4 or 5 episode of the show done it fairly well at filling in the audience, but somewhere after that, it seems like they rushed it and crammed plot points that needed a little bit more time to expand to make it shorter. The last 3 episode is quite guilty on this end IMO.

Animation wise, I thought that they executed it fairly good. No weird off model or derp drawings. The parts I arched an eyebrow in disagreement was in any scene involving dodgy CGI. Action sequence were rendered very smoothly and explosively, with each impact sounding meaty and powerful. I'm not hopelessly lost exclaiming "What's happening?!" in fast fight scenes.
Some of the magical girls signature moves are coupled with stylistic freeze frames showing the names of said moves. At first I thought that it's quite cheesy and unnecessary, but it grew on me. IMO, I'd take that any day than exclaimed top-of-your-voice moves for the whole world to hear. It's more authentic, in that in a fight, you wouldn't have time to exclaim your moves. Of course, anime being anime that it has it's own science and logic, but still, it conveys the fight scene better this way IMO. And they would make great desktop wallpaper, and if they would release it, physical posters. Hmm, I have to check on that. Didn't notice too much of the scenery, but it is a slightly more advanced view of our world but not at all too futuristic.
Character design is ... fitting for this kind of genre. It's the usual body tight armoured power suit that conforms around the curves of young teenage girls and colour coded for convenience according to their characteristics, and for the bad guys, a more revealing and sexy portrayal. Because why not, evil are hotter and sexier. Hibiki is the usual genki girl with the optimistic view, Tsubasa is the stoic senior broken bird, Miku is Hibiki's yuri best friend and is trusting and calm, Chris is the tsundere with a dark and troubled past and plagued with hardship and very lonely. There's also the hot sexy scientist, Ryoko, and the tough, cool real-men-wears-pink commander of The Organization called Genjurou.

But there's always that one annoying character that grates my being. A classmate and friend of Hibiki, who always jokes that Hibiki is like an anime character and always compares their life to anime, and how it's not anime. And during a crucial tense moment of life and death and trustworthyness, she's the one who broke down first and tried to redeem herself by being the first one to solve problems after that, and still compares whatever's happening to anime! Good god!

The high point of the whole series, and the low point at the same time, for me was the sound department. Okay, admittedly I can't give my opinion on the Japanese and the moonspeak that followed every transformation sequences and some of the magical moves, but what I can is the English in there is beyond horrible! As a non-native English user, it took me considerate effort not to pierce my ears when the big meanie uses god-awful broken Engrish to converse with a surprisingly good English speaker.
What grew on me throughout the whole show was the music and and soundtrack. At first I find it quite annoying that they're singing in fight scenes, but after a while, the catchy way most J-pop have in them and the pure emotion poured into them by the ever versatile VAs/singers just lodged into my heart and seized it. In fact, there's one fight-song that have had me laughing at the translated lyrics, and making me love it even more.

On the whole, I felt like the show is rushed into a 13 episode series, quite incoherent and sadly, for me, it changed into a cheesy love-and-friendship show from a darker and grimmer with a slight dash of hope kind of show, and in my opinion would be better as a whole if it were longer to slow the transition. The animation is good, music is great, Engrish freakishly the worst I've heard in recent memory, and it's a shame that the potential as a great non-generic magical girl show is slightly lost.

Go here for more images and hard work.

Yes! He's back! I'll read that after this post.
Quote:
Yeah, even the most high-end of high-end motherboards will probably still have crappy on-board audio. Your reported ~ -60dB FS is actually pretty good relative to others.
wink.gif

On-board audio isn't anything they find worthwhile, probably because of the small space. They just throw in something we can at least use.

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #15,375 of 177,747
Every style/way has its pros and cons. There is no such thing as "perfect", unless you have develop some flow based fighting style with smooth movements that can defend or attack in any circumstance.

That is what Judo is, basically. But it is ridiculously hard.
Anyone can throw a punch, but to even do the most basic throw in Judo properly requires many years of training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back