☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #496 of 5,932
I'm hoping Cavalli only does one run. I want to be one of the privileged few!

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #497 of 5,932
Ok, I have been asking about a dac for the Carbon and all repies have been appreciated but I'm going to complicate things more. So, here's my wish list.

A small chassis (transportable like the carbon)
Less expensive (no more than the Carbon)
Xlr balanced output (to go into the Carbon)
Optical and Digital input (for flexability)
and
A usb input that will work with an apple cck
not asking for much am I!

I would like to use these as a travel set up with my iPhone and iPad but still be able to input from other devices and take advantage of the balanced nature.

So far the only thing that checks all these boxes is the Parasound zdac v2.

Anyone know of anything else that may fit the bill.

Jim

Venturecraft Vantum
Less expensive (around US$ 550)
Optical and digital input
Balanced out (2.5 trrs)
DSD 128
Work with an apple cck ,pc and android.

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #499 of 5,932
Apr 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #501 of 5,932
Apr 15, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #502 of 5,932
I've heard not-great things about the Teac.  I think it's worth considering the value of a good DAC with SE output vs a bad DAC with Balanced.  My Adcom GDA-600 going SE into my balanced amp sounds better than my balanced DAC going into my balanced amp...

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #505 of 5,932
Hey gents, I've working on the Liquid Crimson this afternoon because we are starting to ship them and those customers have been waiting for a few months.

However, I'm back to this now and I'm very happy to say that we passed the 200 mark in the first 24 hours. Thanks very much to all of you.

Now we begin the production process which begins with some simple things like placing orders for some of the longer lead time parts. We will keep you all regularly informed at significant points along the way.

This is going to be fun (although maybe with a few sleepless nights thrown in).
o2smile.gif

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #507 of 5,932
  Hey gents, I've working on the Liquid Crimson this afternoon because we are starting to ship them and those customers have been waiting for a few months.

However, I'm back to this now and I'm very happy to say that we passed the 200 mark in the first 24 hours. Thanks very much to all of you.

Now we begin the production process which begins with some simple things like placing orders for some of the longer lead time parts. We will keep you all regularly informed at significant points along the way.

This is going to be fun (although maybe with a few sleepless nights thrown in).
o2smile.gif

Don't worry, head-fiers are known for their exceptional patience and willingness to wait! ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #510 of 5,932
Don't know how it happened but somehow I ended up ordering one:rolleyes:. Now looking for a good transportable dac to couple with it :mad:.

join the club...if you told me I was doing this 2 days ago, I'd have told you you're nuts. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!!! (I'm finding not everything does...):beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back