☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 15, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #513 of 5,932

The DC-1 is an excellent DAC, and a really good value.

I'm getting one, along with the Airmotiv 5S, during their summer sales, because I'm a cheap ***** 
tongue_smile.gif

Was looking for a cheap but good balanced DAC with a neutral sound signature and so far, the DC-1 is the only one that fits the bill.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #514 of 5,932
I'm getting one, along with the Airmotiv 5S, during their summer sales, because I'm a cheap ***** :tongue_smile:

Was looking for a cheap but good balanced DAC with a neutral sound signature and so far, the DC-1 is the only one that fits the bill.

When does the summer sale start? Please dont say in the summer!:D

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #517 of 5,932
Been doing some research on the Gustard X12 and I am now leaning towards that. MD has them for 439.

From what I gather, it's a pretty solid Sabre implementation.  @conquerator2 wrote a nice comparison of the X12 vs NFB7 vs Gungnir in Purrin's DAC thread.  You might try to look that up (it was this morning, a few pages back).

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #518 of 5,932
@stuartmc had been sharing his impressions of X12 over at the Gustard H10 thread.

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #520 of 5,932
  This is going to be fun (although maybe with a few sleepless nights thrown in).
o2smile.gif

It's only fair.  Your Liquid Fire has given me plenty of fun sleepless nights due to me listening far too long and realizing too late that it's way past midnight and I should have gone to bed long ago.  So consider this payback. 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #521 of 5,932
When does the summer sale start? Please dont say in the summer!
biggrin.gif

Hahah, I do believe they have both a summer sale and a fall/winter sale. Looking at past years, the summer sale starts in the first week of June.

DC-1 looks interesting... Transportable though?

It's one of the smaller options out there but I won't really say that it's transportable.... It's probably larger and heavier than the Liquid Carbon. You'll have to look at the actual weight and dimensions and decide if it's suitable for you.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #523 of 5,932

It's tomorrow now!
biggrin.gif

Yes it is. Since Mr. Chi did the first post, I forwarded the info to him to put at the front of the thread (a suggestion from someone). But, I know that Warren is also pretty busy.

Did @warrenpchi ever get a chance to update the first post with this info? I can't seem to find any changes.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #524 of 5,932
You know, it looks like he hasn't yet.

Here are the two things I sent:

• Illumination – status LEDs for the three front panel switches.
  • A product worthy enclosure. The current enclosure is a prototype that has the general outlines of a production piece, but doesn’t have the final design or finish.

I've mentioned the first one already and the second, I think, you guys would expect already. I just wanted everyone to have no doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back