☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jul 20, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,266 of 5,932
  Hope things are on track for that late August estimate. I've heard some really great things about the Liquid Carbon's performance from a friend who is close to Cavalli. Really can't wait. 

I'm hoping so too.  Just because I'm on the ZMF Omni tour list.  It'd be nice to pair the two together....

But I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes.

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,267 of 5,932
So do they wait until is is ready to ship before charging your credit card?

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #2,268 of 5,932
Wow, this has me excited. I'm quite satisfied with the Crack with my HD650s, but wanted to try a very good solid state amp, as well to have something that may be more compatible with future HPs, but sounds like the 650s and the LC are quite a match themself.

I absolutely love my super-simple 6DJ8 tube amp, it's so good that it's been the single longest-lived part of my audio collection. That said, tubes are open to EMI from phones and wifi, so if I can have a solid state amp like the LC which performs with a similarly clear sense of space and engagement I get with my super-simple tube amp, while also being able to use it next to a router or when I get a phone call, then I will be a very happy camper! The problem is I will want to set it up in every room of the house... Or is it a problem at all? LoL!

So do they wait until is is ready to ship before charging your credit card?

Mine is already paid for... Thankfully!

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #2,269 of 5,932
Jul 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2,270 of 5,932
I'll try and see what I can do about getting part 2 up as quick as possible guys. Sorry about that, considering the size of the article my editors decided it might be best to go with a multipart instead of one huge article. I'll see what I can do though.

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,271 of 5,932
Yeah it's a bit of a tease now, we see sound inpressions are next but don't get to read them!

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #2,272 of 5,932
LOL!  
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,275 of 5,932
I'll try and see what I can do about getting part 2 up as quick as possible guys. Sorry about that, considering the size of the article my editors decided it might be best to go with a multipart instead of one huge article. I'll see what I can do though.

Just finish reading the first part. A couple of questions regarding the flow of "cavalli time". I was under the impression that he started cavalli audio after he retired and began by designing diy amps for fun, afterwords when people keep begging he began to sell finished products?

Also he does have a small group of workers that he depends on for various roles.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #2,276 of 5,932
So a couple people have said the LC sounded good with the HD800's. Was wondering if the TH900's would be a good match as well? I just recently picked up the HD800's and have been looking for a good amp to drive the HD800's. It would be a bonus if they worked well with the Fostex as well.

Or should I save up and get one of their higher end amps? I'm pretty intrigued by the Cavalli line up. Wondering if there are any places to audition them in Canada.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,277 of 5,932
Just finish reading the first part. A couple of questions regarding the flow of "cavalli time". I was under the impression that he started cavalli audio after he retired and began by designing diy amps for fun, afterwords when people keep begging he began to sell finished products?

Also he does have a small group of workers that he depends on for various roles.

This is basically true. But, I did the DIY stuff while I was still working for quite a few years as just a hobby. After about a year of the commercial CA I had to devote full time to it, hence retiring.

I have an extensive supply chain and a fantastic assembly shop, but the rest of the company is still me.

Someone asked about the RSA to XLR cables at the show. I made these myself because I couldn't find any and only wanted something about a foot long for connecting things on the tables. Then I bought some cheapo RCA cables where I cut out the signal pin to make the ground connection between the Solo and the Carbon. This per our discussion of grounding many posts back.

There are probably other questions that I have missed.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #2,278 of 5,932
Oh, yes, enclosure.

The enclosure has been settled for a while. It will be essentially what we had in SF except that the body, which was made from four pieces for the protos, will be a single piece extrusion. Finish will be black anodize with laser etched lettering and logo, just like the proto pieces.

The two amps that we used in SF were made from the last two pre-production boards, one of which was in the photos I posted about a week ago.

A number of you have written about changing the LED colors, but these were set quite a while ago when all the components were ordered. White/red.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,279 of 5,932

Read below bud.

This is basically true. But, I did the DIY stuff while I was still working for quite a few years as just a hobby. After about a year of the commercial CA I had to devote full time to it, hence retiring.

I have an extensive supply chain and a fantastic assembly shop, but the rest of the company is still me.

Someone asked about the RSA to XLR cables at the show. I made these myself because I couldn't find any and only wanted something about a foot long for connecting things on the tables. Then I bought some cheapo RCA cables where I cut out the signal pin to make the ground connection between the Solo and the Carbon. This per our discussion of grounding many posts back.

There are probably other questions that I have missed.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #2,280 of 5,932
In other news, this may be off topic but I've decided to invest in a new headphone to compliment my incoming Carbon. Its going to be a sizable investment but I've decided to bite and purchase the Ether in the very near future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back