☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
May 29, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #647 of 1,260
Just pointing out, the new/last run already came and went. I hope Cavalli comes out with something near this price point, but the Carbon is discontinued and probably going to become a collectable due to it being a turning point for the company. So long as attention for Cavalli goes up and up (IMO pretty safe bet with Warren as CEO), the Carbon's value will hold and perhaps increase, because it's special/limited.

They have said they want to come out with a portable Carbon which is battery powered. 

May 29, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #649 of 1,260
Just pointing out, the new/last run already came and went. I hope Cavalli comes out with something near this price point, but the Carbon is discontinued and probably going to become a collectable due to it being a turning point for the company. So long as attention for Cavalli goes up and up (IMO pretty safe bet with Warren as CEO), the Carbon's value will hold and perhaps increase, because it's special/limited.

The turning point for Cavalli Audio is not the Carbon Amp. They were considered high in the High-End Audio industry well before the Carbon was released and Cavalli Audio did not resurrect the Carbon Amp for making money.
The reason can be found here...

http://headphone.guru/the-cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-part-i/

Cavalli could have send designs to a country in Asia or somewhere where their hit models could have been mass produced but this is still not the case.

I agree with you that a pivotal point in Cavalli's history is when Warren Chi took up the role of CEO @Cavalli Audio

Hope one day we will be proud owners of a good sounding yet marginally affordable Liquid Tungsten Jr for guys like me.

Fingers crossed.

-Aj

May 30, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #650 of 1,260
May 31, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #653 of 1,260
where did this info come from?

I read it in one of the reviews but I can't find it now. Apologies if it's incorrect information!

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #657 of 1,260
  That's ridiculous. I have my doubts it even works properly. 

You should buy it and then leave bad feedback.  That'll show those "Goodwill" jokers to sell you broken stuff to try to make money for charity!

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #658 of 1,260
I’m looking for recommendations for balanced headphone cables; that is, should I switch to them, and which brands are bang-for-the-buck good?   

Currently, I have HD650 headphones (OEM cables) connected to a 10ft Cardas extension cable.  Now, that I’ve ordered a LC, I’ve become very much aware of the people saying the only way to listen to music is via a balanced connection.  Others have said XLR cables were developed for long runs, not for an improvement in sound quality.  My DAC is not balanced, so is it really important to switch to balanced cables for output to my ‘phones?  And, what about a balanced extension cable ( I never see them for sale), should you not use one?  Or, should I just stick with what I have.  Your input is greatly appreciated.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #659 of 1,260
  I’m looking for recommendations for balanced headphone cables; that is, should I switch to them, and which brands are bang-for-the-buck good?   

Currently, I have HD650 headphones (OEM cables) connected to a 10ft Cardas extension cable.  Now, that I’ve ordered a LC, I’ve become very much aware of the people saying the only way to listen to music is via a balanced connection.  Others have said XLR cables were developed for long runs, not for an improvement in sound quality.  My DAC is not balanced, so is it really important to switch to balanced cables for output to my ‘phones?  And, what about a balanced extension cable ( I never see them for sale), should you not use one?  Or, should I just stick with what I have.  Your input is greatly appreciated.

Keep your existing DAC - Liquid Carbon has unbalanced inputs, and will not degrade the sound.

In the bang for the buck category, try something like this for the HD650:

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Upgrade-Version-balance-ZY-002/dp/B00A2QJLY8

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #660 of 1,260

Users who are viewing this thread

Back