Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread

post #1 of 844
Thread Starter 

I have only found a handful of posts regarding these babies.  Hisoundfi, I took your advice and ordered a pair from amazon the other day (gotta love that Prime shipping, as I recieved them next day), and I have to say that I think they are fantastic.  I currently have the Pistons, the Tenores, GR07BEs, and the Denon ACh300s in my daily rotation, and like a lot about all of them.  But as far as consistant fit, price, and SQ goes, these TTPODs are giving them all a run for their money.  So, on that note, for anyone interested, I think an appreciation thread is in order...may we begin here?

post #2 of 844
Excellent initiative, can't wait to get my pair smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 844
Nice, i'm also curious but got some weeks to wait...^^
post #4 of 844
@GorktastickI love you man. Thanks for starting this!
post #5 of 844

Here's my impressions post for this thread since it pertains :smile:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5370#post_10757123

 

This is close enough to the first post that I don't think it needs put in it... lol

post #6 of 844
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

@GorktastickI love you man. Thanks for starting this!

@Hisoundfi, my starting this thread was thanks to YOU, so right back atcha.

post #7 of 844
Thread Starter 

Interestingly, the only issue I have with these is one I've never encountered before... the fit is TOO good.  Once these guys are in my ears, I have a hard time removing them as there isn't anything to grip onto to pull them out!  Granted, I'll take that problem over not being able to get them in 9 times out of 8.  The good news is, once they are in, they don't budge no matter what I'm doing.  

post #8 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post
 

Here's my impressions post for this thread since it pertains :smile:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5370#post_10757123

 

This is close enough to the first post that I don't think it needs put in it... lol

I just read you review as I am very interested in getting this one. Your review is pertinent to me in the sense that I also have the Yamaha HPH-200 and I have yet to find an in-ear that surpass the HPH-200 in terms of SQ. I find that the HPH-200 is really not getting the attention and respect it deserves. The only problem I find with it of course it is an open back, so not useable in every instance, so I might get the T1-E.

Might, coz I just got the Narmoo S1 and it just does not do it for me, particularly in terms of comfort. 

One question: does it suffer from any driver flex?

post #9 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorktastick View Post
 

Interestingly, the only issue I have with these is one I've never encountered before... the fit is TOO good.  Once these guys are in my ears, I have a hard time removing them as there isn't anything to grip onto to pull them out!  Granted, I'll take that problem over not being able to get them in 9 times out of 8.  The good news is, once they are in, they don't budge no matter what I'm doing.  

I totally agree! They might even be good for working out or running with the shirt clip since they don't move at all. I agree the fit is phenomenal and comfortable for me! But it's subjective of course.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsetse7 View Post
 

I just read you review as I am very interested in getting this one. Your review is pertinent to me in the sense that I also have the Yamaha HPH-200 and I have yet to find an in-ear that surpass the HPH-200 in terms of SQ. I find that the HPH-200 is really not getting the attention and respect it deserves. The only problem I find with it of course it is an open back, so not useable in every instance, so I might get the T1-E.

Might, coz I just got the Narmoo S1 and it just does not do it for me, particularly in terms of comfort. 

One question: does it suffer from any driver flex?

I'm glad you like the HPH-200 too; they are way underrated! I wouldn't say the T1-E surpass them, but they come close imho which is nice for an iem around $30-55 msrp while the HPH is $200 msrp found around $80-150. The T1-E has better quality & quantity bass than the open back HPH-200. The HPH-200 has better soundstage/ambience and are a hair crisper maybe.

 

I don't think you'll regret it. I really like the HPH-200, T1-E, and Tenore a lot they are my favorites. Signatures are somewhat close to me, but still different. But my Havi just came in, just gotta go pick it up. I'm sure I'll love them too. I'm not planning on going for the VSD3S or KC06(A) on account of brightness/sound signature.

 

I read the S1 was just okay, and didn't really blow anyone away so decided to skip it. It was just a good solid offering, which can be useful as it does all things good but nothing really great.

I have not had driver flex at all with the T1-E, and it is just really well built.  I don't get it with my Tenore either. But I get it with my SHE3590 sometimes and all the time with my FXD-80. They are more comfortable than the HPH and deep inserting Tenore for me, although those two aren't uncomfortable.

 

Cheers!

Alex

post #10 of 844
I go over the ear with sony large mh1 tips and isolation is incredible.

These things rival my GR07BE fosho. I like that they are less sibilant than GR07BE. Some might say that they need refinement up top and I think that is half true, because the although they could be little more detailed and articulate, they are very easy to listen to how they are tuned now. I don't ever have to turn my music down because one track is annoyingly more sibilant than another song.
post #11 of 844
How's the highs on the t1e, do they offer more energy than the Tenores?
post #12 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

How's the highs on the t1e, do they offer more energy than the Tenores?
It's been a long time since I listened to my Tenores but I'm sure Ap616 will know
post #13 of 844

Can someone with these headphones take pictures of them on? Do you prefer to use them straight down or over the ear? I really like what i am reading about the T1-E. For me, build quality and bass quality(not quantity) are two of the things i am looking for. I was looking at the vsonic vsd3s but this might be a better fit for my needs. Do you need an amp to get good quality out of these? Amp requirement was what put me off of the Havi 3 pro 1s.

post #14 of 844
@boobie you got an awesome profile name
post #15 of 844
So I listened to my penon iem (which is an excellent sounding phone) and rocked it all day and was very happy with it. When I got home switched over to the ed3, the vsd1s, then the vsd3s, and then the t1e and was like "pshhhhhhh" those other iem got nothing on this t1E. It puts other similar priced and even more expensive iems to shame.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread