Got a quick audition at a local store just now. Even a chance to compare it w/ the L1 side-by-side. Boldly to say that the aesthetic is improved. The orange part is not ugly at all, as it may hint at the 1st glance. More "young" and "sporty", not to mean at all a sport headphone. The bulit quality is also better than the predecessor, obviously more refined and rigorous and extremely durable. About the sound, Philips is success in increasing the details. It is more live-like, overall. The mids are so clear. The bass sounds more natural w/ good impact but, sadly, less textured than the L1 (at least to my ear in that brief audition). IF there be any disappointment of this headphone, it may come from the highs. To my preference, Philips set them a bit too high. The highs become sibilant to some recordings (I would prefer the highs of L1). It is not a breakdealer, I guess. The overall value of this product is very good, and maybe even more when someone take the quality:price ratio into consideration. If I have to spend 300 USD for this, I will be highly satisfied.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPhilips Fidelio L2tagged by joe, 3/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Why is JVC HA-FXT90"L2" edition is so much expensive (twice the amount of the normal... Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fidelio L2 - like new condition with no blemishes Last post on 10/26/14 at 4:07pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on 9/12/15 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 9/23/15 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L2 Last post on 7/21/14 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Philips Fidelio L2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wish it was coming out a little earlier instead of feb 2014 for the US but time flies.
What ways would you say it improves just from your quick listen? I am hoping the midrange is good. I read it has better treble and the bass extends further. Someone else posted that it's treble is a little overdone (my paraphrase on what they said).... also with details that best the x1!!!.. I hope that isnt just from the treble.
As far as looks go... it looks decent. Looks don't seem like a huge improvement over the l1 but at the same time they didn't need to improve much. The l1 is one of the best looking cans out along with the x1 imo.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 10/20/13 at 1:21am
HiFiGuy, do you think the earpads are removable? How is the isolation, seeing that these are semi-open?
What a shame that they are not replaceable. When the pads get worn out, out the headphones go, unless you can find a DIY solution to replace them.
Can I make anyone happy with my impression of the Philips Fidelio L2? They're widely available here in the Netherlands (being that Philips is a Dutch company).
Just note, I am returning these, but that's purely because of comfort, as the earcups are too small for my ears (they're about 59mm long, my ears about 65mm). But let me tell you how they sound :)
So the soundstage is quite wide. I've never owned or heard open headphones before, so this was my first experience with such headphones. They're marketed as semi-open, so it does block out a little bit of outside noise (but not much, definitely doesn't compare to a closed headphone). So also in terms of leakage other people will be able to hear you, especially in quiet environments.
The bass is very taught and well controlled, yet delivers plenty of it when the music calls for it. It's not boomy or bloated, just very tight. The mids are slightly upfront (take this 'upfront' bit with a grain of salt, my ears might only have been used to headphones with recessed mids, I've never heard true neutral headphones before) but sound very nice. Vocals have a nice airy quality to it. The treble is also very crisp and pleasant. It got a bit harsh with some bad recordings, but otherwise it sounded great. There is also loads of detail in the music, in part because of the nice treble in the headphones. I heard new bits in some songs I hadn't heard before (not that it's not there with other headphones, but I just never really noticed because it was more in the background). I think this headphone will be a winner for a lot of people :)
They sound more like the fidelio x1 with a smaller soundstage and more isolation. The l1 was one of the most uncomfortable cans I've owned because of both the small earcups and crazy clamping pressure. It seems those issues have returned. Thanks for the impressions! Now I'll look more into the k545 and HP50. I always though I had a small head and smaller ears but now that I know that the Momentum is way too small, the K550 fits on my head,and the a900x almost (lol, how could this fit anyone's head?!) fits on my head (and the 1r's pads are too thin), I can't take any chances. Thanks again.
- Philips Fidelio L2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 17 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a Good quality 2.5mm to 3.5mm right angle connector 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Am I the only weirdo here that don't like the sound signature of JH... 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › need recommendations for a Good SACD player 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2