Got a quick audition at a local store just now. Even a chance to compare it w/ the L1 side-by-side. Boldly to say that the aesthetic is improved. The orange part is not ugly at all, as it may hint at the 1st glance. More "young" and "sporty", not to mean at all a sport headphone. The bulit quality is also better than the predecessor, obviously more refined and rigorous and extremely durable. About the sound, Philips is success in increasing the details. It is more live-like, overall. The mids are so clear. The bass sounds more natural w/ good impact but, sadly, less textured than the L1 (at least to my ear in that brief audition). IF there be any disappointment of this headphone, it may come from the highs. To my preference, Philips set them a bit too high. The highs become sibilant to some recordings (I would prefer the highs of L1). It is not a breakdealer, I guess. The overall value of this product is very good, and maybe even more when someone take the quality:price ratio into consideration. If I have to spend 300 USD for this, I will be highly satisfied.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPhilips Fidelio L2tagged by joe, 3/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Why is JVC HA-FXT90"L2" edition is so much expensive (twice the amount of the normal... Last post on 1/31/15 at 6:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fidelio L2 - like new condition with no blemishes Last post on 10/26/14 at 4:07pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on 4/19/15 at 5:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 4/24/15 at 1:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L2 Last post on 7/21/14 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Philips Fidelio L2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wish it was coming out a little earlier instead of feb 2014 for the US but time flies.
What ways would you say it improves just from your quick listen? I am hoping the midrange is good. I read it has better treble and the bass extends further. Someone else posted that it's treble is a little overdone (my paraphrase on what they said).... also with details that best the x1!!!.. I hope that isnt just from the treble.
As far as looks go... it looks decent. Looks don't seem like a huge improvement over the l1 but at the same time they didn't need to improve much. The l1 is one of the best looking cans out along with the x1 imo.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 10/20/13 at 1:21am
HiFiGuy, do you think the earpads are removable? How is the isolation, seeing that these are semi-open?
What a shame that they are not replaceable. When the pads get worn out, out the headphones go, unless you can find a DIY solution to replace them.
Can I make anyone happy with my impression of the Philips Fidelio L2? They're widely available here in the Netherlands (being that Philips is a Dutch company).
Just note, I am returning these, but that's purely because of comfort, as the earcups are too small for my ears (they're about 59mm long, my ears about 65mm). But let me tell you how they sound :)
So the soundstage is quite wide. I've never owned or heard open headphones before, so this was my first experience with such headphones. They're marketed as semi-open, so it does block out a little bit of outside noise (but not much, definitely doesn't compare to a closed headphone). So also in terms of leakage other people will be able to hear you, especially in quiet environments.
The bass is very taught and well controlled, yet delivers plenty of it when the music calls for it. It's not boomy or bloated, just very tight. The mids are slightly upfront (take this 'upfront' bit with a grain of salt, my ears might only have been used to headphones with recessed mids, I've never heard true neutral headphones before) but sound very nice. Vocals have a nice airy quality to it. The treble is also very crisp and pleasant. It got a bit harsh with some bad recordings, but otherwise it sounded great. There is also loads of detail in the music, in part because of the nice treble in the headphones. I heard new bits in some songs I hadn't heard before (not that it's not there with other headphones, but I just never really noticed because it was more in the background). I think this headphone will be a winner for a lot of people :)
They sound more like the fidelio x1 with a smaller soundstage and more isolation. The l1 was one of the most uncomfortable cans I've owned because of both the small earcups and crazy clamping pressure. It seems those issues have returned. Thanks for the impressions! Now I'll look more into the k545 and HP50. I always though I had a small head and smaller ears but now that I know that the Momentum is way too small, the K550 fits on my head,and the a900x almost (lol, how could this fit anyone's head?!) fits on my head (and the 1r's pads are too thin), I can't take any chances. Thanks again.
- Philips Fidelio L2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 28 seconds ago
- › modding recommendations for grado sr-60e 30 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 35 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 41 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 56 seconds ago
- › Would Logitech Z623 work well on stx sound card? 57 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Grado sr60e and sr80e. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2