Philips Fidelio L2
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #1,141 of 1,146
Hey guys, how are ya?

I have just recently got back into this hobby after a long long hiatus (years) and have bought myself a pair of philips shp9500 to restart this fun journey (i was juggling between these and the L2, based on reviews the 9500 won because of soundstage). Now Im thinking about purchasing the L2 as well for an all rounder and more dynamic signature to compliment the shp9500. do you guys think it would be a wise decision? do they sound too similar to each other? Im really curious about the L2, the reviews are really good, at least at the time they were released. Kinda late to the L2 game lol

thanks guys!!

P.S. there's someone in my country currently selling an L2 for half its original SRP, thats why im considering the L2

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,142 of 1,146
Hey guys, how are ya?

I have just recently got back into this hobby after a long long hiatus (years) and have bought myself a pair of philips shp9500 to restart this fun journey (i was juggling between these and the L2, based on reviews the 9500 won because of soundstage). Now Im thinking about purchasing the L2 as well for an all rounder and more dynamic signature to compliment the shp9500. do you guys think it would be a wise decision? do they sound too similar to each other? Im really curious about the L2, the reviews are really good, at least at the time they were released. Kinda late to the L2 game lol

thanks guys!!

P.S. there's someone in my country currently selling an L2 for half its original SRP, thats why im considering the L2

As I remember it, they don't sound that similar. The SHP9500 is more open and airy sounding, the L2 sounds closer and more in your face, a little warmer with more bass. I would say it's worth owning both. I will say that if the Fidelio X2 is at all close in price to the L2 in your country and you don't need a smaller headphone like the L2, I would save up and get the X2 as it's overall superior to the L2 and the SHP9500 in my opinion.

Nov 30, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #1,143 of 1,146
Hey guys, how are ya?

thanks guys!!

Never had the SHP9500, but own the L2 (second generation) and they are one of my favorite HP. At the time I also owned the X2, which I sold and kept the L2.
The L2 are semi open, so I think the sound will quite different from the SHP9500.
Cheers.

Jan 17, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #1,145 of 1,146
Thank's all that posted tips for the Pads replacements. Here is how my old ones look:
20191117_123548.jpg

And here is the L2 with the new ones from Ebay for 7€:
20191117_123534.jpg

Here is link to the new ones. The are for Fidelio L2 and they match perfect. I think there is no sound difference or they are subtle.
I'm so happy that my L2 is back in the game. :L3000:
@Jakkal i'd change mine too, do you know if there is a tutorial and where can i find pads today?

Sep 12, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,146 of 1,146
Some years after seeing these and having friends buy these and enjoy them. I just bought a pair of L2's for myself, my impressions are pretty positive so far, comfort is quite nice as is SQ . The build quality of these L2 is quite good and while the sound stage could probably be a bit better, I really have been enjoying these headphones they are built very well for the price paid. I have always wanted these headphones after 1st seeing them 10~ nearly years ago, I had a few Amazon gift cards and got these along with a SMSL SU-1 DAC, very please with both purchases so far.

1694509616216.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back