Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 263

post #3931 of 5938
I've never used price japan. I usually order my imports from accessory jack. Might have to take a look at them. I am going to order mines Sunday afternoon hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.
post #3932 of 5938
Hello guys, quick question on cables. Do you necessarily need the WMC-NWH10 to plug the ZX1 as a transport to a DAC like the Hugo. Why would the included WM to USB used to charge the ZX1 not work. Any other Sony cables would work because I am having a hard time finding this cable outside of Price Japan.
post #3933 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Hello guys, quick question on cables. Do you necessarily need the WMC-NWH10 to plug the ZX1 as a transport to a DAC like the Hugo. Why would the included WM to USB used to charge the ZX1 not work. Any other Sony cables would work because I am having a hard time finding this cable outside of Price Japan.

 

Mimo... Chord used my ZX1 at the Bristol Show, they connected it using the WMC-NWH10 & USB/mini-USB (my Nikon camera cable suffices apparently)... it is the only way to connect to the Hugo unless you go the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth route using the ZX1, hth.

 

I did speak to Chord about the cables, they are looking into a better solution for Walkman's, a direct WM-Port/Mini-USB cable?

post #3934 of 5938
Ok Thanks for the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

Mimo... Chord used my ZX1 at the Bristol Show, they connected it using the WMC-NWH10 & USB/mini-USB (my Nikon camera cable suffices apparently)... it is the only way to connect to the Hugo unless you go the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth route using the ZX1, hth.

I did speak to Chord about the cables, they are looking into a better solution for Walkman's, a direct WM-Port/Mini-USB cable?
post #3935 of 5938

Anak... are there any new cases for the ZX1 in Japan yet, also do you know of any pouches that can be used with the F88X/ZX1>PHA-2 Combo?

 

cheers for any help.

post #3936 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Anak... are there any new cases for the ZX1 in Japan yet, also do you know of any pouches that can be used with the F88X/ZX1>PHA-2 Combo?

 

cheers for any help.

 

Hmmm...the only pouches & cases are those that have been discussed here....I've not heard of any other new cases and pouches. There are Vannuys cases that take the ZX1/PHA-2 but accessibility to the screen is tedious - as such literally just a drop in pouch. Mind you though now that I'm satisfied with my case/pouch I've not really gone around searching for other options. I can google later.

post #3937 of 5938
I'm sorry but what is the WMC-NWH10 used for!
post #3938 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdmyown83 View Post

I'm sorry but what is the WMC-NWH10 used for!

 

Mainly for Sony UDA-1 DAC/Amp.

 

The UDA-1 has 2 USB ports, the front USB port (Type A) will not allow you to play hi-res audio file from your NW-ZX1 (the front port is mainly for other mobile devices with USB connections).

 

While the back USB port (Type B) allows you to play hi-res audio from your laptop and NW-ZX1. The connection from your NW-ZX1 will be as follow:

 

NW-ZX1 > WMC-NWH10 > stock USB (Type B) cable from the UDA-1 > Sony UDA-1 DAC/Amp > Headphones/Speakers.

 

Hope the above helps

 

Cheers

Simon T.

post #3939 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Hmmm...the only pouches & cases are those that have been discussed here....I've not heard of any other new cases and pouches. There are Vannuys cases that take the ZX1/PHA-2 but accessibility to the screen is tedious - as such literally just a drop in pouch. Mind you though now that I'm satisfied with my case/pouch I've not really gone around searching for other options. I can google later.

 

appreciated Sean, cheers,

post #3940 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

................Crevat Emptor...........:wink_face:


The word you're looking for is "caveat" and it's very true.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Edited by Artstar - 2/27/14 at 6:18am
post #3941 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 View Post
 

...846, yes from my days of loving my old SE530's

 

More to the point.... when are you getting a pair Andy! :wink_face:

 

Decided may go CIEM after all to pair with ZX1 :wink_face:

 

http://www.go4awalk.com/product-reviews/walking-accessories-and-gift-ideas/earcandi-custom-moulded-earphones.php

 

Quality pair here at a good price:gs1000smile: 


Edited by AndrewH13 - 2/27/14 at 9:30am
post #3942 of 5938

Looks like you slept on some dog sh*t in the park....or a leech is sucking your ear juice.

 

                    Earcandi Custom moulded earphones Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas

post #3943 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

Looks like you slept on some dog sh*t in the park....or a leech is sucking your ear juice.

 

                    Earcandi Custom moulded earphones Walking Accessories and Gift Ideas

 

Agree, not the most ergonomic!

post #3944 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH13 View Post
 

 

Agree, not the most ergonomic!

 

but your ear is more aerodynamic... you'll save on fuel for sure. :wink_face: 

 

focus on the positives.


Edited by OK-Guy - 2/27/14 at 10:38am
post #3945 of 5938

:popcorn:

lookin forward to hearing more about this

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model