Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #3,916 of 7,711
Probably gonna get hung drawn and quartered for this but if your going digital out from say an I phone to the chord hugo wouldn't you have the best of both worlds, top quality sound with the best iu for ease of use, would the sony zx1 sound any better digital out than the I phone as the dac and amp are by passed? Shame they can't make a transport with out any amp or sac in it but can't see that happening

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #3,918 of 7,711
Probably gonna get hung drawn and quartered for this but if your going digital out from say an I phone to the chord hugo wouldn't you have the best of both worlds, top quality sound with the best iu for ease of use, would the sony zx1 sound any better digital out than the I phone as the dac and amp are by passed? Shame they can't make a transport with out any amp or sac in it but can't see that happening

any source will sound the same connected to the Hugo... you will only be using the DAP, Phone, Laptop, CD-Player, PC etc. as a 'music file transport'  the Hugo controls everything that's fed to it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #3,921 of 7,711

I have a workaround for this... I'll answer in detail later

Yeah I know the workaround - you just export the PC transferred playlist to a local playlist.  It works but not elegant.  This is stuff which iOS could do and if Sony is aiming for that level of usability as suggested on their own website this must be implemented in the future.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #3,922 of 7,711

If you only plug the USB into a power source and not an actual computer, it won't attempt to connect to anything and it won't disrupt playback. I've programed my F807 using Automagic Premium to actually play and pause triggered by the connection and disconnection of power as a means of automating its operation in my car.

You're right about it only being available in Japan. I bought 3 of them just to have spares. Not cheap but it's the only one to support line out and power.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,923 of 7,711

Yes no questions about it, just drop $2,400 + Iphone (128gb) and you will get a better UI and top sound quality. That is absolutely correct :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,924 of 7,711
Fortis, you know you would like some 846s..... or Sirens!

...846, yes from my days of loving my old SE530's (before dreaded cable break issues on them) and the Sirens, sound love to have a listen owning the Jh16pros but just on build not the way their having QA problems once more and do not seem to of learnt anything from the past regardless of trying to push the envelope with trying new things.  

The K10's sound like they could be a good pairing for the ZX1 and with the Siren problems currently and knowing build quality of the K10's would love to hear them.

More to the point.... when are you getting a pair Andy! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #3,925 of 7,711
  ...846, yes from my days of loving my old SE530's (before dreaded cable break issues on them) and the Sirens, sound love to have a listen owning the Jh16pros but just on build not the way their having QA problems once more and do not seem to of learnt anything from the past regardless of trying to push the envelope with trying new things.  

The K10's sound like they could be a good pairing for the ZX1 and with the Siren problems currently and knowing build quality of the K10's would love to hear them.

More to the point.... when are you getting a pair Andy! 
wink_face.gif

Driving through Romford today I stopped at Richer Sounds and asked if able to dem any Shures, ie 535s or 846s. I fear the treble not precise enough for my tastes (having read loads) and want similar to your 5.0's I demoed with your ZX1. They were very helpful and said they would ring Shure and see if they can get some demo versions, but didn't think they can get above 425s so I left it. Nearly ordered Sen 80s, XBA H3's blindly, but I'm still reading through the Head-Fi encyclopedia!  Sold my Etymotics on ebay yesterday :wink:  Never found it so hard to spend money!!!  Cancelled my temp X3 order on reading about X5. Calyx M sounds interesting but still waiting UK ZX1 as long as no delays. Patience is wearing thin waiting.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #3,927 of 7,711

Driving through Romford today I stopped at Richer Sounds and asked if able to dem any Shures, ie 535s or 846s. I fear the treble not precise enough for my tastes (having read loads) and want similar to your 5.0's I demoed with your ZX1. They were very helpful and said they would ring Shure and see if they can get some demo versions, but didn't think they can get above 425s so I left it. Nearly ordered Sen 80s, XBA H3's blindly, but I'm still reading through the Head-Fi encyclopedia!  Sold my Etymotics on ebay yesterday :wink:  Never found it so hard to spend money!!!  Cancelled my temp X3 order on reading about X5. Calyx M sounds interesting but still waiting UK ZX1 as long as no delays. Patience is wearing thin waiting.

The treble from what I have read has changed on the Shures since days of my old SE530's but they are certainly different as the 530's treble (if the Shures today still are?) was a sweeter smoother treble and the 5.0's are more clinical, sharper but the ZX1 would be a good compliment for the ZX1 would balance out any treble in a iem that was smooth.

The new Noble 6's might be worth a look if you liked the 5.0's or might still be worth a trip to Hand held Audio to try some iems out if they still also do Shures.

Hybrid design is always interesting in the XBA H3's, I listened to the original XBA 3 last year and was interesting listen but the treble was far from that realistic reproduction you are after.  I'm not finding it hard to spend money as I have non left! Now I have ZX1 finally I am looking at a sabbatical as other projects loom that need doing on the house etc, until I go to the next Head-fi meet in May! 

Patience is a virtue, although for the little extra outlay to UK retail price it would of been worth just getting the Japanese model ordered a while back... not too late though as you know how long Sony UK drag their heels on release dates to what's promised by them.

Feb 26, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #3,928 of 7,711
In the process of checking around for pricing importing from Japan, I'm amazed at the brazen attempts by some sellers who are attempting to sell them at just over twice the price of Price Japan.

It looks like I'll be placing my ZX1 order with PJ in a few weeks!

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #3,930 of 7,711
What's up guys I got a quick question

In a few months I'm going to replace my Itouch 5 with a walkman f887 but I was wondering if it pairs well with the shure se535 red or the westone 4r

I'm still stuck between the two, I mostly listen to metal but my only real experience with decent iem's is the sony xba 3ip

Thanks guys I appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back