hmm, I don't have any problems with them being bass machines, as long as the rest is as good :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for recommendation for budget 350usd Last post on 7/6/14 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple-Fi 10- Still worth buying? Last post on 7/9/14 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Impressions are coming in from Japan, I've been reading that these are being referred to as "Bass Machines"
Pics comparing the XBA-H3 with the MDR-EX1000 below:
Somebody please do a translation of the review. (Google translation is poor)
Let me know when you get them. i will be coming round your house with a bucket load of IEMs, loads of tips and a pair of tweezers ;)
Translating this was a bit difficult as I wasn't used to some of the grammar and sentence structure he employed. I would have rather left out a comment or two (particularly one about the fit ), but I tried to stay as true to the source as possible.
(Translator's note: I believe he's referring to the XBA-H3 for the first part)
Isolation: between MDR-EX500 (on the low end) and UE900
Microphonics: virtually none
Sound: depends on source. When connected to the XPERIA Z, sound is V-shaped with bass emphasis. The iPhone 5 makes the sound more balanced and closer to neutral. Seems to be best with lower impedance sources.
Treble extension is good and soundstage is wide. The bass is slightly bloated when compared to the EX1000, but extension is far better, down to 30-50 Hz.
Miscellaneous: The housing is quite large and sticks out much more than the EX1000, so those who disliked the way the EX1000 fit would hate the H3's fit even more. Women may have trouble wearing it. The fit is reminiscent of the TF10.
The XBA-H3's isolation is improved compared to the EX1000, and the serration cord eliminates most cable noise.
When comparing to the EX1000, the XBA-H3's bass is deep and has good transparency in the high frequencies; the treble extends beautifully and displays a high level of acoustic polish.
Unlike many hybrids that lack cohesion between the dynamic and BA drivers, the H3's drivers are well-tuned and balanced.
If I were to make any improvements, I would prefer the vocals to be a touch more forward, and the bass to be slightly toned down.
This earphone presents a good middle ground between the EX1000 and TF10 as it would appeal to those who like both a thicker sound or a leaner one; the H3 has a sound that combines the EX1000's articulate bass with the thickness and transparency of the TF10.
[About the MMCX connector:]
The connector has a locking mechanism that should eliminate plug rotation, minimizing breakage. The downside is that recabling may prove difficult.
[About the housing:]
As stated earlier, one negative of the H3 is its large housing size. Also, the housing looks surprisingly cheap. The photos posted here illustrate the large size of the housing.
About the XBA-H2: the acoustic balance isn't good. It's like Sony took the graininess of the EX1000's treble and combined it with the lack of clarity of the XBA series. Then add in tons of bass.
The H2 has lower resolution than either the H1 or H3, and I'm hoping that they'll fix the 7kHz peak before the H2 is released. Not sure if source synergy will play a role like it did with the H3.
My impression of the H2 is almost as bad as the time I got to try out an early sample of the XBA-4.
The XBA-H1 has good transparency and has fixed the lack of treble extension of previous XBA models.
However, the treble still disappoints like the XBAs. [Translator's note: He doesn't really go into specifics here]
The bass is quite good. The H1 may be the best value out of the XBA-Hx range, and may be a choice for those who feel they want something more polite sounding than the H3.
Edited by kjk1281 - 9/5/13 at 4:25pm
all of those three are interesting, but the XBA-H3 is the most interesting - coming from those impressions, it should be ideal for my tastes. it's weird though that the H2 is less refined compared to the H1...
Agree! By judging at the impression, my mind is more drawn towards the XBA-H1 xD the more polite sound
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Getting the best possible bluetooth sound 11 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 57 seconds ago
- › Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › best monitor desktop speakers for <$500 per pair 3 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)