Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted some ideas. Last post on Yesterday at 1:27 pm in Video Games Discussion
- m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp Last post on 9/2/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sounding driver ? Last post on 8/30/14 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/ Appreciation/ Mod Thread. Last post on 9/16/14 at 10:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 508
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had a short, but interesting listen to the Alpha Dogs. I was listening the "Lock Howl" off of the Storm Corrosion Blu-Ray on my main speaker system (Ohm Micro Walsh Talls with an Emotiva sub). This is definitely an inexpensive but exquisite set-up that has amazing detail and soundstage. Anyway, I was listening to the DTS-Master mix, and said to myself, "It's too bad my headphones can't sound this good."
I stopped the track, put the Alpha's on, and played it again. I still under-estimate these headphones, even though I've had them since the first batch went out late last year. True, they can't compete to the open, room-filling sound of omni directional speakers like the Ohm's, but then again, nothing can.
But it was all there- the soundstage, the detail, the sound of the pick on the strings of the guitar. Even the imaging was spot-on (for a headphone).
Anyway, I am expecting the Grado GS1000 e's tomorrow, and I'm on the tour for the Hifiman HE-560's, which are due to me in about 3 weeks. I'm going to put the Alpha's against both of these high-end cans, and write an review/comparison. I notice there aren't very many reviews for these so far, and it's time I added my 2 cents.
Here's a link to the song, if anyone's interested:
Have a great night!
Mine went from processing to shipped within 11 hours.
I think i'm getting something similar, only on some frequencies, maybe it's an ortho driver thing
I have never heard of a high frequency mechanical noise, please pm me with details and let's see if that can be figured out...
Got an older pair of Alphas, and I must say the hype is real. The details are fantastic, and the mids and bass are life-like. I don't think mine has the treats, and yes, the highs could be piercing at some point, or even sibilant, but I believe the treats will treat them (will order them soon).
The finishing on these headphones are really top notch. They are just beautiful headphones, and precisely manufactured. The comfort is fantastic, and it is very easy to fit them on my head with a great seal.
My wife commented on how good these headphones looked, and when I gave it to her for a listen, she went through three songs before she gave it back to me (she normally listens to one song and that was it). She's a classically trained pianist, and plays many other instruments as well, so she has way better ears than mine. Her first comment was that they sound very detail, and that the songs sounds "higher pitch" than normal (she means bright), so it pretty much goes in hand with every body else's opinion.
One note of caution though, I was driving them out of an iMod with a quickstep, so it's not the best set up.
Compared to my Koss ESP-950 with Stax SRM1/MkII set up, the alpha dogs seems to be even more details, but the sound isn't as warm and musical as the Koss. The bass of the Alphas hits a little harder, but the Koss just has more presence. The mids on both are equally great, and the Koss seems to have more natural highs. Sound stage goes to the Koss.
I think I need a better setup for these alphas, and can hopefully try out a bunch of amps when a head-fi meet comes along.
Thanks, I might finally be ordering one in August. Btw, do you still have any loaner tour units going around, or is that over now?
- MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 26 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › JVC HAFX1X Upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for Brainwavz M2 replacement! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › husband wife love problem solution baba ji 09649133663 <><>head-fi 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › RISHIRAJ_girl vashikaran specialist baba ji 09649133663 tantrik 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)