Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones - Page 156

post #2326 of 8577
Prediction:

"Stay on topic guys smily_headphones1.gif"
post #2327 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

 

The competition's arrived, but it's $1799

 

 

 

 

 

 

it better stomp mud holes in the AD...pretty sure it will

 

 

:cool:

post #2328 of 8577
LCD-X vs. Alpha Dog. Fight! lol
Reply
post #2329 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Excellent, the world can use more orthodontists.

 

My teeth hurt a bit today actually... getting braces when "old" is not fun at all...

 

Anyway, the LCD-XC looks VERY PRETTY on that picture! But at $1700... ugh!

Hopefully the Alpha Dogs will be good enough for me! ;-)

 

(but still, I'll have that voice in my head saying: "You should save and buy the closed-back LCD... do it... do it... sell most of your gear... DO IT!!!!! UGH!)

post #2330 of 8577

That unboxing video makes me really excited to get the tour ADs!

 

I really wanna hear how "open" they are now. The Stax are nice and open and all that, but not very comfortable for me and having to hear my keyboard over my music is annoying.

post #2331 of 8577

Just a FYI that we're shipping slowly as we're being fussy about the paint on the cups.  Our schedule is to have a number of phones going out Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

post #2332 of 8577

Received the Tour AD's last night but just got to start listening in now. First impressions are REALLY good! Very balanced sound top to bottom, I'm running the AD's balanced and the HD800 SE out of my Stratus so I'll be doing some comparisons over the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have the HE-500 anymore but I think the AD will be closely compared with that given the similar price point. The cups and paint job look perfect as does the packaging. Overall, a very impressive package!

post #2333 of 8577

How is the treble on the ADs? I love my MDs, but the treble could be a touch better imo.

post #2334 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Just a FYI that we're shipping slowly as we're being fussy about the paint on the cups.  Our schedule is to have a number of phones going out Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

Dan, you're a perfectionist and it's shows in the AD I unboxed. The entire headphone is perfect in every way. I am OCD about my gear and the AD meets my expectations too.
Reply
post #2335 of 8577
hey mike, I know you mentioned you might touch up the bass a bit on the AD, but if you would be so kind as to give us your impressions or even a quick video how to, that would be awesome. biggrin.gif
post #2336 of 8577

I have a pair of Mad Dogs 3.0 coming on Monday (not sure what pads though), so I'll have a baseline to check the Alpha Dog when my turn comes around on the tour.

 

Looking forward to it.

post #2337 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I have a pair of Mad Dogs 3.0 coming on Monday (not sure what pads though), so I'll have a baseline to check the Alpha Dog when my turn comes around on the tour.

 

Looking forward to it.

 

If they're true 3.0 they'll come with the Alpha Pads, that's the version I own.

post #2338 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

I have a pair of Mad Dogs 3.0 coming on Monday (not sure what pads though), so I'll have a baseline to check the Alpha Dog when my turn comes around on the tour.

 

Looking forward to it.

I have compared the 3.0 and the 3.2, and to be entirely frank, you won't have a baseline.  As explained by Dan, the 3.0 had flaws that were corrected by the 3.2 and as a result, he offers the upgrade process for a nominal fee.

 

So, you will not be able to tell what differences are due to the Alpha Dog difference from the Mad Dog, and what differences are just due to the 3.0 flaws.

post #2339 of 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

I have compared the 3.0 and the 3.2, and to be entirely frank, you won't have a baseline.  As explained by Dan, the 3.0 had flaws that were corrected by the 3.2 and as a result, he offers the upgrade process for a nominal fee.

 

So, you will not be able to tell what differences are due to the Alpha Dog difference from the Mad Dog, and what differences are just due to the 3.0 flaws.

 

 

The quote below seems to make the changes not look as drastic as you seem to be implying they are:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


The 3.2 lessened a little of midrange magic for some bass magic, and some more treble clarity. Mids are still good, but if you've grown accustomed to the midrange, it might be a tradeoff you may not like. It's subtle, but it's there.
 
 
 
post #2340 of 8577

Well Eke2K6 does have a point of reference. It'll be the Mad Dog 3.0 vs the Alpha Dog running off of whatever gear he has when he compares them. Whatever that opinion is worth is depedant upon what people own. A Mad Dog 3.0 owner who also uses an Asgard might find his opinion very important.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones