MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #2,296 of 9,071
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XLR-4-Pin-Female-Jack-to-1-4-Right-Angle-Audio-TRS-Guitar-Output-cable-2m-609B-/120903639137?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Is there any reason this wouldn't work with the XLR version of the Alpha Dog? Pretty sure I'll be getting a HiFi-M8 for an amp, but would like to have a TRS adapter for trying other amps and the like.

I would much prefer one in this style-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-XLR-Female-Plug-MICROPHONE-JACK-Adapter-to-1-4-6-35-Stereo-TRS-Phono-143-/290770038568?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item43b33eaf28
But I can't find a 4 pin XLR version, all 3.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,297 of 9,071
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,298 of 9,071
played the 7 drums imaging test track from Sheffield Lab and the AD is spot on. It's surprisingly easy to drive too. Running the Wyred4Sound uDAC in Class A mode. Nice paring. Gonna move to bigger amps this weekend. So far, I can honestly say it's worth owning. I may turn up the bass one pinch, maybe...​

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #2,299 of 9,071
Please confirm if any leak issues. Need to know (work related, if they leak I have to stick with the Maddies...which isn't so bad, really).

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #2,300 of 9,071
  I really hate that eye burningly ugly headband. It needs to go. Totally ruins the high end quality and aesthetic that the sexy cups do so much to achieve. Surely with access to 3D printing a more elegant solution would be possible?

Haters gunna hate. 
rolleyes.gif

Err, irrelevant cliché gonna irrelevant? 
confused.gif

It doesn't look out of place on the mad dog because the cups are ugly on that, too. That's an all round ugly headphone. It's different with the Alpha. You've got sexy pads, glorious cups and an eww stock plastic monstrosity headband.

It's like putting Bargain Basement furniture in a $12m mansion, or an obese unkempt neckbeard in a $3000 suit. You just don't do it.

Actually the cliche does apply because you did in fact say that you hate .... so that makes you a hater .... 

That said, I dont particularly care for the headband either. I wont go as far as your statement of it being ugly or an unkempt neckbeard but I agree its an area for aesthetic improvement

I think the phones look good overall even with the current headband .... Do they look as good as my V-moda's ? Not in my opinion ...

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #2,303 of 9,071
  ^ wow because someone says he doesn't like/hates  the headband he gets slayed!!!!

give him a break guys I understand disagreeing but labeling is out of hand.

You're right and honestly I'm not trying to 'slay him' as I agree that the headband is the least attractive part of this headphone. I was simply pointing out that him saying he hates the headphone, does in fact make him a hater ..... 

For the record, that was my lame attempt at being tongue in cheek .... No flame/slay war being started on my part ....

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,304 of 9,071
Sort of tangentially related to the AD, but Jude has revealed that Fostex is releasing a new RP headphone - didn't give a model number, but my initial reaction was
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,305 of 9,071
  Sort of tangentially related to the AD, but Jude has revealed that Fostex is releasing a new RP headphone - didn't give a model number, but my initial reaction was
eek.gif

Potential direct competition to AD? Very cool.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,306 of 9,071

Potential direct competition to AD? Very cool.

Doubtful from Fostex; they wouldn't try to step on the TH600/TH900 with a new RP-series can. I bet it's more of an MD competitor than one of the AD.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #2,308 of 9,071
That would be my guess, but there weren't any other details besides the news that something is coming. I wonder if Dan has an arrangement with Fostex to ensure a steady supply of drivers.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #2,309 of 9,071
Sorry, but the appearance issue is borderline irrational with full size headphones.

I don't know about you, but I cannot see the top of my head.

When I wear full size headphones, anyone else who would be in the room, is someone whom has already established my status and position in the tribal hierarchy.

So, it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back