Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Yulong's new DA8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yulong's new DA8

post #1 of 483
Thread Starter 

article from Yulong forum mentioned new top of the line DAC in the works:  Yulong: DA8

engineering sample is complete.  targeting to be better than Weiss DAC202

 

 

Info from the posts:

- Technical spec of DA8 will be better than Weiss DAC 202.  And support more input specs, having more features.  More adjustability.

- Price will be ¥6000~8000  (that's ~$1000 ~ $1300).  Will be completed first half or second half of this year

- Superb USB performance, better than any existing products (existing Yulong products? or everything on the market?).  Stable with Linux.  Compatible with all popular OS

- Output:   Balanced output, class-A headphone amp, pre-amp

- Can disable volume control and headphone amp to use it as a pure DAC

- Current measurement shows DA8 is already better than Weiss 202

- Weiss 202 use half of 9018 as decoding, half as headphone output (I am not sure what that means), while DA8 pushes 9018 to the full limit.

 

 

 

(see more photos in the original post)

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1387338

translate:    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ferji.net%2Fread.php%3Ftid%3D1387338


Edited by yfei - 1/11/14 at 10:28pm
post #2 of 483
Subscribed
post #3 of 483

I hope Project86 gets his hands on this to review when its released. 

post #4 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Subscribed

 

+1
post #5 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by jronan2 View Post

I hope Project86 gets his hands on this to review when its released. 

 

Me too!

 

Seriously, Yulong cracks me up. Seems like he just loves building stuff to see what he can come up with, even if it doesn't necessarily follow any pattern. He still has the "limited production" flagship D8 DAC in the works, and now he comes up with this? I mean, it's great, just unexpected. Not to mention the P18 which came out of left field. But hey, as long as he can make good stuff, why not? 

post #6 of 483
Thread Starter 

From what I read in the chinese forum, D8 and DA8 don't conflict:

-  D8 is aimed to achieve the best sound without any consideration on cost.  Use what ever best component possible.  It is not targeted to make money on mass retailing.  It will be send to showrooms to present the image of the company.  Only 20 units will be made.   (like Ferrari Enzo?)

-  DA8 is to give best value and features at affordable price point for the mass.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

Me too!

 

Seriously, Yulong cracks me up. Seems like he just loves building stuff to see what he can come up with, even if it doesn't necessarily follow any pattern. He still has the "limited production" flagship D8 DAC in the works, and now he comes up with this? I mean, it's great, just unexpected. Not to mention the P18 which came out of left field. But hey, as long as he can make good stuff, why not? 


Edited by yfei - 2/1/13 at 3:56pm
post #7 of 483

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfei View Post

From what I read in the chinese forum, D8 and DA8 don't conflict:

-  D8 is aimed to achieve the best sound without any consideration on cost.  Use what ever best component possible.  It is not targeted to make money on mass retailing.  It will be send to showrooms to present the image of the company.  Only 20 units will be made.   (like Ferrari Enzo?)

-  DA8 is to give best value and features at affordable price point for the mass.

 

 

 

 

I believe Yulong will be making more than 20 D8 units but the production run will indeed be limited. Back in October there was an offer made through Grant Fidelity to purchase (via partial deposit, then full payment upon completion) both the A8 and D8. It is my understanding that a few people (including myself) took up the offer. I am anxiously waiting for the A8 and D8 and might have to get the DA8 when it becomes available as well. Obviously I am a big fan of Yulong’s products and have yet to be disappointed.


Edited by mrcasey - 2/3/13 at 4:39pm
post #8 of 483
wow this one looks nice.
subscribed
Edited by amigastar - 2/4/13 at 4:53am
post #9 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcasey View Post

 

I believe Yulong will be making more than 20 D8 units but the production run will indeed be limited. Back in October there was an offer made through Grant Fidelity to purchase (via partial deposit, then full payment upon completion) both the A8 and D8. It is my understanding that a few people (including myself) took up the offer. I am anxiously waiting for the A8 and D8 and might have to get the DA8 when it becomes available as well. Obviously I am a big fan of Yulong’s products and have yet to be disappointed.

 

Me too. 

post #10 of 483
- Superb USB performance, better than any existing products (existing Yulong products? or everything on the market?). Better than any common product and usb support Native DSD Conversion!
post #11 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfei View Post

 

Info from the posts:

Will be completed first half or second half of this year

 

 

blink.gif

post #12 of 483

It looks like Yulong might  be using the same case for the DA8 as he is currently using for his P18.  If this is the case (no pun intended), the DA8 will stack nice with the P18 and the A18 if you wanted to combine that gear together (which I likely will).


Edited by mrcasey - 3/27/13 at 1:49pm
post #13 of 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcasey View Post

It looks like Yulong might  be using the same case for the DA8 as he is currently using for his P18.  If this is the case (no pun intended), the DA8 will stack nice with the P18 and the A18 if you wanted to combine that gear together (which I likely will).

 

Nice. That means it's very similar to the A18, just a bit taller. Did you read this on Erji.net or ?

post #14 of 483

I should have posted "looks" like, I suppose.  I am just speculating based on pictures of the DA8 and comparing to my P18.  If you look at the sticker and the power button on the DA8 in the picture above and compare them to how they would look on your P18 (the P18 has a sticker already) you can gain a sense of the realitive dimensions.  

 

I am on Erji.net every few days to check on progress of the DA8 and D8/A8 though my above post was not based on anything other than speculation.


Edited by mrcasey - 3/28/13 at 7:32am
post #15 of 483

DA8 have been completed,look like will be released immediately


Edited by songqilong - 4/17/13 at 12:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Yulong's new DA8