Yulong's new DA8
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #542 of 544
Oct 15, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #543 of 544
Hi guys

I just picked up a Yulong DA8 with some extensive modifications installed as detailed by the German company Hoer-Wege below which should bring it in line and maybe surpass the MkII version:

This allows us to make the DA8 a truly excellent DAC. While the original device tendenziell rather sounds "boring" and "technical", the hoer-wege DA8 is wonderful "relaxed" and "transparent" !!
The A28 replaces and supplements more than 30 components; 12 diodes, 24 electrolytic and numerous film capacitors, and the housing is damped, etc. The new components are of the very best quality, e.g. ultra-fast, soft-recovery diodes, excluding PANASONIC FM capacitors, WIMA slides, etc. By our modification, we achieve a clear "gain" in resolution and speed with "natural" and "real" sound.
Optionally, we would like to use a more precise 100 MHz oscillator, the CCHD-950X-25-100. The exchange can be carried out 1: 1 if the connections of the CCHD are provided with soldered "legs". All in all, this modification takes more than 3 hours despite the "small" device. But it is worth it, because "after" you have a DAC and KH-amplifier, which also loosely with much more expensive devices.

I am looking forward to comparing it to the internal DAC of the Aries Mini ...will report back

I am especially curious to connect its XLR outputs to my Accuphase integrated amp!

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #544 of 544
Outstanding!!! I do not know how a standard DA-8 sounds but this Hoer-wege modded one is superb, definitely leagues above the BMC Puredac I owned previously..

I am waiting for a OYAIDE CONTINENTAL 5 S USB cable to arrive...has anyone tried this USB cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back