Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 2550

Nice move with the o-rings, the cable looks really nice cosmetically, totally agree on the stock cable sounding rather average in comparison, it was one of the first things I noticed when changing to my upgrade cable. We need to face the truth here the stock cables suck, they're a weak link in the chain, sorry to those who are still using them but that shouldn't be for too much longer! The difference to me changing to 7N SPC was rather noticeable and certainly worth your time if you're an H-200 owner.


Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/7/13 at 7:09am
post #2132 of 2550

Thanks for the update, DMarco, it's greatly appreciated.

post #2133 of 2550

Are these the right o-rings?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

Lol! Thanks for those great impressions d marc0! It's great knowing that I can get even better sound out of the H200's with a cable upgrade - woo hoo!

post #2134 of 2550
Lol! That was a good one Wayne.

My pleasure guys. Glad to be of service.
post #2135 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Are these the right o-rings?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

Lol! Thanks for those great impressions d marc0! It's great knowing that I can get even better sound out of the H200's with a cable upgrade - woo hoo!

 

Way OT but man, that looks like a neighbor I had.  Same age, big 'ol belly, never wore a damned shirt and was always flooding my yard with his broken irrigation system.  Thereby forcing me to knock on his door and see his pierced flab in order to ask him to shut it off.

 

I will thank you, Wayne for resurrecting such wonderful memories :eek:

post #2136 of 2550

Just got a like new pair of H200s in a trade for my MDR7550s and first impressions are good. So good that my go-to, GR07 BE is being sidelined. If the driver flex was less of a concern, I might consider selling the Vsonics... More impressions to come. 

post #2137 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehol View Post
 

 

Way OT but man, that looks like a neighbor I had.  Same age, big 'ol belly, never wore a damned shirt and was always flooding my yard with his broken irrigation system.  Thereby forcing me to knock on his door and see his pierced flab in order to ask him to shut it off.

 

I will thank you, Wayne for resurrecting such wonderful memories :eek:

 

You're welcome Tehol! I think that Beck wrote about your neighbor here...

 

post #2138 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Just got a like new pair of H200s in a trade for my MDR7550s and first impressions are good. So good that my go-to, GR07 BE is being sidelined. If the driver flex was less of a concern, I might consider selling the Vsonics... More impressions to come. 

 

 

Had the BE's. Never felt the love. Feel the love wiht the H200's though. Glad you're liking them!

 

How is the driver flex affecting things for you?

 

Edit: I think the issues I had with the BE's must have been due to not being able to get a proper fit and seal.


Edited by waynes world - 9/8/13 at 12:20am
post #2139 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

Nice move with the o-rings, the cable looks really nice cosmetically, totally agree on the stock cable sounding rather average in comparison, it was one of the first things I noticed when changing to my upgrade cable. We need to face the truth here the stock cables suck, they're a weak link in the chain, sorry to those who are still using them but that shouldn't be for too much longer! The difference to me changing to 7N SPC was rather noticeable and certainly worth your time if you're an H-200 owner.

 

 

I read that you recently auditioned the ASG2's. How do you feel the H200's compare?

post #2140 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

 

I read that you recently auditioned the ASG2's. How do you feel the H200's compare?

 

I think ASG-2 are quite a bit superior to H-200, in more than a few area's. the head stage and soundstage on ASG-2 is much larger so everything sounds bigger or blown up in proportion, it has better coherency right across the board and makes H-200 sound congested, also ASG-2's detail extension goes beyond what H-200 can achieve and makes them sound babyish, especially with the  intimate vocals ASG-2 has.  Far as tonality is concerned I prefer the crisper edge H-200 has over the slightly darker mid bassy ASG-2 which sounds more natural. But one cannot deny H-200 must bow down and assume the position when ASG-2 enters the room.

This isn't to say H-200 are bad because I still use them almost daily recently. H-200 lived past my Westone 4 ownership which I have now sold. I have word from T-Peos that they'll be sending me some H-200 cables to review and give impression on this week. One pure silver, and another silver plated cable, (the cables I showed you all a page or so back) So really guys the cables don't appear that far away, even though I think it's taken too long personally.... 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 9/8/13 at 12:34am
post #2141 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

 

I think ASG-2 are quite a bit superior to H-200, in more than a few area's. the head stage and soundstage on ASG-2 is much larger so everything sounds bigger or blown up in proportion, it has better coherency right across the board and makes H-200 sound congested, also ASG-2's detail extension goes beyond what H-200 can achieve and makes them sound babyish, especially with the  intimate vocals ASG-2 has.  Far as tonality is concerned I prefer the crisper edge H-200 has over the slightly darker mid bassy ASG-2 which sounds more natural. But one cannot deny H-200 must bow down and assume the position when ASG-2 enters the room.

This isn't to say H-200 are bad because I still use them almost daily recently. H-200 lived past my Westone 4 ownership which I have now sold. I have word from T-Peos that they'll be sending me some H-200 cables to review and give impression on this week. One pure silver, and another silver plated cable, (the cables I showed you all a page or so back) So really guys the cables don't appear that far away, even though I think it's taken too long personally.... 

 

+1

post #2142 of 2550

True enough, those upgrade cables are away overdue. I'm hoping they improve the micro-phonics on them.

post #2143 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

True enough, those upgrade cables are away overdue. I'm hoping they improve the micro-phonics on them.

I believe in the fine prints of that image of the cables H20Fidelity posted a few days back, it mentioned that there is still microphonics.
post #2144 of 2550


Spend my weekend doing this Crazy stiff cable :-) using 4x 4n OCC silver solid core 28AWG , 😱😱 not good for traveling but sound Crazily good :-) Can only use at home but i am very happy with the sound quality of the silver cable.
post #2145 of 2550

I love this IEM paired with HiFi-M8.

 

I'm just curious since I have the CMB version of HiFi-M8 if it's possible to replace the stock cable with a balanced cable configuration. Will that make any difference in the SQ? Will it be worth it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread