Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 167

post #2491 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlrahl View Post

 

My humble and inferior portable rig. Sorry for poor image quality.

UM Miracle universal fit IEM, Scorpion IEM cable, Low Profile Crystal Pico LOD cable with BG caps, Rockboxed Imod with 32GB CF card mod and silver litz internal cable mod, Arrow 4G amp.

 

How did you get the UMs to be universal? Did you just ask them to make it like that?

post #2492 of 11395

So, here is my EC-33 combo!

(E11+C3)

 

Sorry about the quality of the photo, was taken with a potato, so please keep that in mind.

 

 

 

 

In the last picture, I had to cut out a small section of the silicon case to allow my 3.5mm plug to fit, without obstructing the case.

 

The C3 and the E11 are 3M Dual Locked together, which gives it a firm hold.

post #2493 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvanilla View Post

How did you get the UMs to be universal? Did you just ask them to make it like that?

He kindly posted about then in the previous page!
post #2494 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Curiosity9 View Post

So, here is my EC-33 combo!

(E11+C3)

 

Sorry about the quality of the photo, was taken with a potato, so please keep that in mind.

 

 

 

 

In the last picture, I had to cut out a small section of the silicon case to allow my 3.5mm plug to fit, without obstructing the case.

 

The C3 and the E11 are 3M Dual Locked together, which gives it a firm hold.

 

You really have to keep your eyes "peeled" with these deadhorse.gif

post #2495 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

 

You really have to keep your eyes "peeled" with these deadhorse.gif

I don't quite understand, could you please elaborate? haha

 

EDIT: Oh, I get you! Yes, the screen is tiny!


Edited by SkyBleu - 3/1/13 at 2:02am
post #2496 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by rianchaos View Post


Cmiiw, but the two pictures show 2 different cables for the mini2mini. Which one is the best?

Hi Rian 

Below wireworld equinox 6 is the best 

post #2497 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShohailXTR View Post

I hope I did well, started my head-fi journey with Shure SRH440s, my first full size headphones

i46.tinypic.com/2j4x3ir.jpg

My source is a crappy phone for now, but I'm getting a Sony Walkman E474 next week. Bought a FiiO Fujiyama E06 to power the 440s and give it a bit of bassboost.
i46.tinypic.com/2iar63c.jpg

I would recommend not using the bass boost on the E06, just use that with the EQ disabled, and boost your bass with the Sony Clear Bass. Also, if you are going to use your Sony with the amp,  get one of these...http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-l5-line-out-dock-lod-cable-for-sony-walkman

post #2498 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I would recommend not using the bass boost on the E06, just use that with the EQ disabled, and boost your bass with the Sony Clear Bass. Also, if you are going to use your Sony with the amp,  get one of these...http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-l5-line-out-dock-lod-cable-for-sony-walkman

 

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, I know what you mean, I don't still have the Sony Walkman at hand, that's why I have to suffice with the EQ2 bassboost. I'm a huge fan of Clearbass and its the reason I'm getting my 2nd walkman as the previous one died. As my source is hideous, the E06 helps, a lot, the sound's much cleaner and smoother. And yes, after trying out the Sony with just the Headphone Out, I was thinking of investing in the FiiO L5.

None of these products are available where I live, so it's a bit of a wait and costly for me. I'll update you soon, with my complete setup.

Edit : I'd prolly run the 440s with just the Walkman first though, but the E06 will also give me a better battery life and like you mentioned, with a future L5 upgrade, proper non-amped goodness to the E06. I'd like that.


Edited by ShohailXTR - 3/1/13 at 3:26am
post #2499 of 11395

 

 

The pratical devises xm6 turned up today (wolfson 8471, buf 634) it came with a load of goodies including AD8397 opamp/buffer, so I fired it up connected to the S3 and it works although I suspect the DAC stage is drawing power from the phone but alls good.

post #2500 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

I curious about this. Did you buy a demo or order the Miracle as a Universal? I am having trouble with my right ear sealing and thinking about options. I have the Custom version.

How bout them 334s? deadhorse.gif

post #2501 of 11395

My Portable Rig

 

Rockbox'd Clip Zip (Flac + mp3 320) -> mogami quad interconnect (Just made it :D) -> C5 -> ER4 PT

 

This rig sounds really great!

 

I think C5 and ER4 are matching very nicely!

 

 

post #2502 of 11395

HiFIman 601 + Sennheiser IE8 (tape mod with free bass port) = Perfect rig for hip-hop:)

post #2503 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

How bout them 334s? deadhorse.gif

They are sounding and being better & better.  etysmile.gif   If I had to pick one............ very_evil_smiley.gif

post #2504 of 11395

Portable Rig - iPod Classic 5th Gen 30GB > Fiio LOD Cable > JDS C5 (attached with 3M dual lock) > Moon Audio Silver Dragon > JH Audio JH13

 

 

Ultra Portable Rig - Clip Zip 8GB (not Rockboxed) + 32GB microSD > Etymotics Hf3 with custom tips

 

post #2505 of 11395

Finally I can post my portable gear .. my rocoo ba just came a while ago still waiting for my arrow 4g to pair up with my ipod
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)