Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 104

post #1546 of 5633

contemplating the dhc copper litz...my sources claim it is da bomb.... cool.gif

post #1547 of 5633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

JMO, but you should really be qualifying your impressions with how many hours are on the respective cables...for example, silver cables are regarded in some circles to need 500+hrs to fully settle down...

 

i've got ~400hrs on mine and they have simmered down considerably over that time....to the point now were i'm questioning my desire/need/want for a copper or silver copper cable....


You have a point on this toads. As I said earlier I do not really have sibilance issues on my pair of IEMs (unless it is in the track itself). It is definitely more revealing and in that I tend to feel satiated at lower volumes due to this (a big plus! :). But I have well over 1000 hours on this silver cable so any changes that have happened since using it is purely the drivers. The gold cable probably isn't fully burned in yet as I've only used it for say 120 hours. But it did seem to smooth out with usage. Still those orthofon tips could also be playing a role in the perceived sibilance due to the narrower tubing in the tip itself.


Edited by lee730 - 1/31/13 at 5:52pm
post #1548 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

JMO, but you should really be qualifying your impressions with how many hours are on the respective cables...for example, silver cables are regarded in some circles to need 500+hrs to fully settle down...

i've got ~400hrs on mine and they have simmered down considerably over that time....to the point now were i'm questioning my desire/need/want for a copper or silver copper cable....
You have a point on stating break-in time & I was aware of that whilst writing the impressions but left that out anyway cos :-

1) I'm not the 1st owner of the silver/gold. I'm told it's mostly broken in but not how long.
2) there's been too much fallacies on how much time is needed to break in the 1Plus2. I've heard 150 hrs, then 250 hrs, & now the latest 400 hrs. Therefore feel irrelevant to express the break-in time.

In the end these are just my impressions.
post #1549 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I personally feel the wide and airy sound stage on the silver cable is quite nice. I love the more out of head feel of this. I guess for me it feels more realistic than a more intimate presentation as I can close my eyes and picture the band on stage in front of me.. If anything with the silver cable the 1Plus2 has a full-size headphone like presentation. Similar to what the older model was but just simply better in every aspect IMO. I just really love the air I get on this IEM. It's so spacious yet doesn't feel to light or weighty...

Earlier on I had noted the gold cable really doesn't lack in detail (not by much if any) but it smooths things out. It does lack in transparency & sound staging though.
Yes you & I have very different takes on this product. I'm not saying its bad, cos if it was I wouldn't have spent so much time on it as I already have. Quite obviously I feel it has potential but finding ways to tweak it for my ears.

I kind of agree with you that it does sound like headphones but only in part. I don't want to put price comparisons but lets just say that there are good & bad headphones of which some can outstage the 1Plus2's soundstage & imaging whilst others that can't.

As for realism, I still feel the silver is unrealistic. That's not to say it's not nice but not real nevertheless. The silver/gold to me brings more realism. Kind of like watching an action movie where you see something fantastic but know in reality it could never happen that way.

Anyway, my personal summary is if someone is trying to bring the 1Plus2 closer to realism then the silver/gold would be my personal recommendation. On the other hand if someone wants to have the glitz & glamour, then head for the silver cable.
post #1550 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Yes you & I have very different takes on this product. I'm not saying its bad, cos if it was I wouldn't have spent so much time on it as I already have. Quite obviously I feel it has potential but finding ways to tweak it for my ears.

I kind of agree with you that it does sound like headphones but only in part. I don't want to put price comparisons but lets just say that there are good & bad headphones of which some can outstage the 1Plus2's soundstage & imaging whilst others that can't.

As for realism, I still feel the silver is unrealistic. That's not to say it's not nice but not real nevertheless. The silver/gold to me brings more realism. Kind of like watching an action movie where you see something fantastic but know in reality it could never happen that way.

Anyway, my personal summary is if someone is trying to bring the 1Plus2 closer to realism then the silver/gold would be my personal recommendation. On the other hand if someone wants to have the glitz & glamour, then head for the silver cable.

Makes me kind of happy I picked the gold cable version because I might have become disappointed with the Silver cable version xD
post #1551 of 5633

Lee, I'm going to completely disagree with you on that. I've listened to the 1Plus2 with OCC Copper litz IEM cables by DHC, and then Tralucent's Silver, and Silver/Gold cable. I think I already mentioned this, but with adequate burn in, the gap between copper and silver lessens. I personally find copper's robust sound more suited for my taste, and it is cheaper as well. Now all this is on condition that you are only considering 6N+ OCC wire, because with that high quality, performance gaps are smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


No he's just talking about using a normal copper cable on it. IMO it wouldn't do these IEMs justice. You'll hinder the sonics by doing so but if that is what you're after :). I'd think it would be more on the dull and warmer side of things. The silver and gold cable is not the copper cable.

post #1552 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Lee, I'm going to completely disagree with you on that. I've listened to the 1Plus2 with OCC Copper litz IEM cables by DHC, and then Tralucent's Silver, and Silver/Gold cable. I think I already mentioned this, but with adequate burn in, the gap between copper and silver lessens. I personally find copper's robust sound more suited for my taste, and it is cheaper as well. Now all this is on condition that you are only considering 6N+ OCC wire, because with that high quality, performance gaps are smaller.

There's just so much you can do with these things xD
post #1553 of 5633

i make bracelets and keychains

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


There's just so much you can do with these things xD
post #1554 of 5633

And the funding semi-offically begins, first needs to get the studio V 3rd ANV. Can this be the IEM to end the quest in the IEM world?
 

post #1555 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

And the funding semi-offically begins, first needs to get the studio V 3rd ANV. Can this be the IEM to end the quest in the IEM world?

I thought it would but CIEMs have now officially entered my life smily_headphones1.gif
post #1556 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


I thought it would but CIEMs have now officially entered my life smily_headphones1.gif

I am too impatient with CIEM, as it involves sending your ear impression, making them, trying them and if the final product is not what you want selling them at a huge loss. I doubt I will ever do CIEM. The only CIEM I will ever take a risk of buying would be the ACS T1, that is about it. 

post #1557 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Yes you & I have very different takes on this product. I'm not saying its bad, cos if it was I wouldn't have spent so much time on it as I already have. Quite obviously I feel it has potential but finding ways to tweak it for my ears.

I kind of agree with you that it does sound like headphones but only in part. I don't want to put price comparisons but lets just say that there are good & bad headphones of which some can outstage the 1Plus2's soundstage & imaging whilst others that can't.

As for realism, I still feel the silver is unrealistic. That's not to say it's not nice but not real nevertheless. The silver/gold to me brings more realism. Kind of like watching an action movie where you see something fantastic but know in reality it could never happen that way.

Anyway, my personal summary is if someone is trying to bring the 1Plus2 closer to realism then the silver/gold would be my personal recommendation. On the other hand if someone wants to have the glitz & glamour, then head for the silver cable.

Hi Sean 

 

i like Also the silver / gold cable to my 1+2 and I can use also to my jh16 pro amid my um miracle , sound really very good , I like the silver / gold cable more than  the silver cable .

 

If you need more detail than use your silver cable 

post #1558 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Hi Sean 

 

i like Also the silver / gold cable to my 1+2 and I can use also to my jh16 pro amid my um miracle , sound really very good , I like the silver / gold cable more than  the silver cable .

 

If you need more detail than use your silver cable 

 

I actually think the silver cable doesn't give more detail. It only sounds like you're getting more detail due to the mid-treble forwardness. I find that with the silver/gold there's still all that detail but it's more subtle and more natural.

 

What I'm personally particularly curious is what happens if we put the silver cable onto the TG!334. Now that would give the TG!334 an interesting signature smily_headphones1.gif

post #1559 of 5633

I'm sure that's what he meant since his preference match yours. I've always been a copper guy but the silver/gold intrigues me.

post #1560 of 5633
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I'm sure that's what he meant since his preference match yours. I've always been a copper guy but the silver/gold intrigues me.

 

I've got a Beat Audio Cronus (but it's Protector/SR-71B/RxMk3 balanced). It doesn't sound silver (not like the Tralucent, anyway) and for $300 I'd be damned if it was gold/sliver. I'm thinking it could be copper? If so I could do a comparison between the Beat Audio Cronus and the silver/gold.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread