- 127 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 9:00 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 311post #4651 of 80971/26/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4652 of 80971/26/13 at 12:52pmpost #4653 of 80971/26/13 at 2:07pm
The FiiO E6 is much cheaper than the ZO2.3 and sounds pretty sweet on Eq. 2. You can often pick them up pretty cheap here in HF from someone upgrading. I bought one on Amazon for 23 bucks shipped and then another from a Head Fi'er for 15 bucks. Just a thought.post #4654 of 80971/26/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks! I'll look into a cheaper amplifier then.
Edited by 1ofamillion - 1/26/13 at 5:52pmpost #4655 of 80971/26/13 at 4:03pm
So I just finally sprang for a set of these. It is really ironic because around the time these came out in Japan I was actually over there. I was riding my bike around with a friend and we stopped to look at cameras. I saw a big bin of these phones for the equivalent of $40 a piece and when I saw the JVC name and the nanotube diaphragm technology I thought they might really be something...but did not pick them up because I had been overspending. Then I got home and saw this thread!
Anyway, I bought a used pair of Beyer T1's a few months ago and while they are pretty awesome, I use them rarely and have considered selling them. If these get somewhere close to the Beyers I will probably let them go.
post #4656 of 80971/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #4657 of 80971/26/13 at 5:24pmpost #4658 of 80971/26/13 at 6:45pmpost #4659 of 80971/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm curious about this too. I got some CAL recently but I haven't really compared them closely with the S500.....I do like both of them though.post #4660 of 80971/26/13 at 7:54pmpost #4661 of 80971/26/13 at 8:12pmpost #4662 of 80971/27/13 at 2:55amQuote:
You must have a really weirdly shaped head.
I can wear the JVCs for hours and hours without any discomfort.post #4663 of 80971/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
Same for me. In the past I've had problems with supra-aural phones, but not with s500's.post #4664 of 80971/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I tried mine back and forth last night after reading your earlier post. I don't find the S500 uncomfortable, in fact I love how I can wear them with my glasses without interference, but I would agree that glasses aside, the CAL are more comfortable.
I think that what you described as the CAL sounding a bit clearer to you, after going back and forth with them last night, is that the CAL seem to have a wider soundstage....and it may be a simple as the fact that the drivers are a little further away from the ears. I think the S500 drivers are a little more tightly controlled, but as I said before, I still enjoy both headphones.
I traded my ATH-WS55 for the CAL and I have no regrets.post #4665 of 80971/27/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 seconds ago
- › Welcome everyone! Let's introduce ourselves! :) 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)