- 127 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 311post #4651 of 81401/26/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4652 of 81401/26/13 at 12:52pmpost #4653 of 81401/26/13 at 2:07pm
The FiiO E6 is much cheaper than the ZO2.3 and sounds pretty sweet on Eq. 2. You can often pick them up pretty cheap here in HF from someone upgrading. I bought one on Amazon for 23 bucks shipped and then another from a Head Fi'er for 15 bucks. Just a thought.post #4654 of 81401/26/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks! I'll look into a cheaper amplifier then.
Edited by 1ofamillion - 1/26/13 at 5:52pmpost #4655 of 81401/26/13 at 4:03pm
So I just finally sprang for a set of these. It is really ironic because around the time these came out in Japan I was actually over there. I was riding my bike around with a friend and we stopped to look at cameras. I saw a big bin of these phones for the equivalent of $40 a piece and when I saw the JVC name and the nanotube diaphragm technology I thought they might really be something...but did not pick them up because I had been overspending. Then I got home and saw this thread!
Anyway, I bought a used pair of Beyer T1's a few months ago and while they are pretty awesome, I use them rarely and have considered selling them. If these get somewhere close to the Beyers I will probably let them go.
post #4656 of 81401/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #4657 of 81401/26/13 at 5:24pmpost #4658 of 81401/26/13 at 6:45pm
Just bear in mind that it won't have the same bass quality as the ZO2.3post #4659 of 81401/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm curious about this too. I got some CAL recently but I haven't really compared them closely with the S500.....I do like both of them though.post #4660 of 81401/26/13 at 7:54pmpost #4661 of 81401/26/13 at 8:12pmpost #4662 of 81401/27/13 at 2:55amQuote:
You must have a really weirdly shaped head.
I can wear the JVCs for hours and hours without any discomfort.post #4663 of 81401/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
Same for me. In the past I've had problems with supra-aural phones, but not with s500's.post #4664 of 81401/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I tried mine back and forth last night after reading your earlier post. I don't find the S500 uncomfortable, in fact I love how I can wear them with my glasses without interference, but I would agree that glasses aside, the CAL are more comfortable.
I think that what you described as the CAL sounding a bit clearer to you, after going back and forth with them last night, is that the CAL seem to have a wider soundstage....and it may be a simple as the fact that the drivers are a little further away from the ears. I think the S500 drivers are a little more tightly controlled, but as I said before, I still enjoy both headphones.
I traded my ATH-WS55 for the CAL and I have no regrets.post #4665 of 81401/27/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) just now
- › Should I buy a portable amp? 2 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 seconds ago
- › Help! 1 minute ago
- › NHT will introduce superbuds 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Considering SE535 for the Traveling Businessman 2 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)