Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements - Page 126

post #1876 of 1885
I used my fingernail to 'trace' the shape of the square before cutting, you could also use a pin or a pen. There's not much to gain from removing the felt, though, I'd leave it in place next time around.
post #1877 of 1885
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c61746961 View Post

I used my fingernail to 'trace' the shape of the square before cutting, you could also use a pin or a pen. There's not much to gain from removing the felt, though, I'd leave it in place next time around.

+1

 

See the pictures towards the end of Post 1 in this thread.

post #1878 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer View Post
 

+1

 

See the pictures towards the end of Post 1 in this thread.

open them, unscrew driver and you have it, 

EDIT heh I reply to wrong post.


Edited by ZGLISZCZ - 4/23/15 at 11:48am
post #1879 of 1885

hey sorry to be jumping in with a random question. just curious if anyone had any other microphone compensation files for the WM61-A. BFM linked me to one from Claudio Negro. Just wondering what you guys who use compensation curves rely on.

 

also, anyone have any suggestions for removing the dip in the curve at 7khz from position interactions? it's showing up in all my measurements and just kinda curious if anyone had any tips on how to remove it. if not, totally chill since it seems pretty constant.

 

thank you!

post #1880 of 1885

Hi Guys,

Just small update to my wave guides I posted while ago. I recently printed one of them in Shapeways in one of their fancy material "Frosted Ultra Detail". Man it was expensive... So the thing is, I will make resin casting of it as soon as I will receive ordered resin and silicone and find bit of time. After that I will send few pairs to BMF to check them out and do some measurements. If it will be worth it then I will make more casting and send it for small price (only material and posting price so shouldnt be much) to whoever would like to have it. I printed guide named G3. I know that BMF printed few other to try but it didn't go well on standard material so you might keep that in mind. Frosted Ultra Detail really surprised me:) but its damn expensive, everyone can print guides by themselves but that would be about 35-45$ for pair, that's why I will make those castings. Here are some pics of printed elements (sorry if pictures aren't the best you saw in your life;) )

 

 

 

 

 

post #1881 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGLISZCZ View Post
 

Hi Guys,

Just small update to my wave guides I posted while ago. I recently printed one of them in Shapeways in one of their fancy material "Frosted Ultra Detail". Man it was expensive... So the thing is, I will make resin casting of it as soon as I will receive ordered resin and silicone and find bit of time. After that I will send few pairs to BMF to check them out and do some measurements. If it will be worth it then I will make more casting and send it for small price (only material and posting price so shouldnt be much) to whoever would like to have it. I printed guide named G3. I know that BMF printed few other to try but it didn't go well on standard material so you might keep that in mind. Frosted Ultra Detail really surprised me:) but its damn expensive, everyone can print guides by themselves but that would be about 35-45$ for pair, that's why I will make those castings. Here are some pics of printed elements (sorry if pictures aren't the best you saw in your life;) )

 

 

Pictures are fine. Look great!

 

I appreciate your hard work and very grateful you may be offering them to us. Curious to see BMF's testing results.

post #1882 of 1885

very cool.

post #1883 of 1885

Thanks Guys,

Yes I am seriously curious about results of BMF's measurements. Guides should also strengthen further driver body, but its already pretty solid. Most of all I hope it will improve back wave and distortions. Guys did anyone finally tried bee wax? it gave me much better results than blutak

post #1884 of 1885
Thread Starter 

Yes, I look forward to testing and measuring ZGLISZCZ's new wave guides. As he mentioned, the wave guides I had 3D printed did not turn out as planned.

 

Very generous of Z* to share his work with we DIY'ers for Cost + Shipping!

post #1885 of 1885
They look promising, much better then mine. Best part is that they'll carry over to the v3s when they are released

I still haven't put mine up unfortunatly, too busy to think these past few months
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements