Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › ** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images - Page 6

post #76 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Yes the Studio V does have hiss. It's not as bad on the Crystals though as they aren't as sensitive. Are you in the US? Maybe you could just buy a Rocoo BA and by A TF10 for cheaper on eBay or amazon? For the money I recommend you get a pair of GR07 and the Rocoo BA separately.
 


I live in distant southeastern country.

Buying from eBay or Amazon will charge me about 25$/kilogram for shipment fees and taxes for imported electronics

 

There are jaben stores here selling UE TF10 and GR07 for expensive price (TF10 brand new for 350$, the used one sold for about 180$-240$, and GR07 brand new for 160$)

Those prices... hurt my walllet frown.gif

post #77 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboyx5 View Post


I live in distant southeastern country.

Buying from eBay or Amazon will charge me about 25$/kilogram for shipment fees and taxes for imported electronics

 

There are jaben stores here selling UE TF10 and GR07 for expensive price (TF10 brand new for 350$, the used one sold for about 180$-240$, and GR07 brand new for 160$)

Those prices... hurt my walllet frown.gif


$160 dollars is reasonable for the GR07. That is the price I would pay. You said you would end up spending $400.00 for a TF10 and Rocoo BA right? Well if you really want the TF10 then go for it. I wouldn't spend more than $100 for a TF10 to be honest. IMO the GR07 is better than the TF10. YMWV.

post #78 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


$160 dollars is reasonable for the GR07. That is the price I would pay. You said you would end up spending $400.00 for a TF10 and Rocoo BA right? Well if you really want the TF10 then go for it. I wouldn't spend more than $100 for a TF10 to be honest. IMO the GR07 is better than the TF10. YMWV.

Just swept through GR07 vs TF10, most of them say GR07 is best bang of bucks. Now, I'm very much interested in GR07

 

Is the 150$ price difference worth it to buy Studio V over BA?

post #79 of 126

I think it is worth the price but IMO there is a noticeable more amount of hiss. The Rocoo BA is a great value and would pair well with the GR07 (hiss should be minimal if any).
 

post #80 of 126

Hi, I am thinking of changing my cowon j3 to hisoundaudio studio v. Currently 2 my favorite portable headphones are Westone 3 and Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Will they pair well with studio v? I am really worried about the possible hiss problem with the Westone 3.

post #81 of 126

The Westone may be an issue due the output impedance. You could try a 30 or slightly more adapter and see if that works. Depending on the impedance of the Sennheisers there may be no issue at all. I'm able to use my Studio V with my Custom Hyrbid IEMs with a 30 Ohm adapter with good results for the most part.
 

post #82 of 126
Any Studio V owner notice that there's a channel imbalance in their player?
My left channel is louder than the right. I thought it was my ear but I checked already with my ipod and desktop setup and both are ok.
It seems that the problem build up lately.. The center is now shifted to 11 o'clock due to the imbalance.
post #83 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Any Studio V owner notice that there's a channel imbalance in their player?
My left channel is louder than the right. I thought it was my ear but I checked already with my ipod and desktop setup and both are ok.
It seems that the problem build up lately.. The center is now shifted to 11 o'clock due to the imbalance.


Strange. I thought my unit had a similar problem come to find it was my IEMs acting up instead. I was using an impedance cable on my Custom IEMs to get rid of the hiss on the Studio V and all of a sudden I was having major channel imbalance on the left side. I was gonna get my IEMs serviced but come to find the next day the problem was gone. It wasn't with my Studio V though. Not saying this is the case for you though.

post #84 of 126
I'm quite sure it's not the iem. I tried it with my se5, um3x, and hd650, the imbalance is still there.
post #85 of 126

Maybe your unit is going bad. If a firmware restore don't work contact Jack for warranty support. You may be in for a pleasant surprise regarding that as well ;).
 

post #86 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerRus View Post

Hi, I am thinking of changing my cowon j3 to hisoundaudio studio v. Currently 2 my favorite portable headphones are Westone 3 and Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Will they pair well with studio v? I am really worried about the possible hiss problem with the Westone 3.

 

I'm pairing studio v and hd25 and I'm very satisfied with the result . FYI I'm more treble-head than bass-head enjoy !
post #87 of 126

Anyone know what the rated output power for the Studio-V is. Over 32Ohms if possible

 

100mw peak power at what impedance? 32??

post #88 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBecka View Post

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the: Hisoundaudio PDAA-1 Studio-V Double Template IEM, and the Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A?

 

Can you change firmware on the class A to optimize sound like you can on the double template?

 

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!!

 

Can someone please answer this! - I have a Studio, but nothing on it says V, how do I know what model I have?

post #89 of 126
Bumped because I need the question answersed ASAP
Thanks
post #90 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

Can someone please answer this! - I have a Studio, but nothing on it says V, how do I know what model I have?

 

 

There is no 'V' written anywhere on the STUDIO V. Just the milled word 'STUDIO'. Mine came directly from HiSound.

 

I don't know if there ever was a non-V STUDIO. You could always email Jack @ HiSound for the best answer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › ** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images