So is the galaxy s3 still the only android device that works with external dacs? or are there others?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 44post #646 of 879110/26/12 at 8:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 879110/26/12 at 11:22pmThread Starterpost #648 of 879110/27/12 at 2:11ampost #649 of 879110/27/12 at 2:35am
Thanks DanBa! Yes I'm sure about the OTG cable the mouse works correctly.
I'll follow your advice. Should the s3 be in music playing mode during the process or not? What should I do with the result (log file)?post #650 of 879110/27/12 at 3:01amI have a SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10.1 and still use ROM ICS 4.0 What if I use ROM Jelly Bean can use the DAC? I trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with the Fiio E10 is not working, but the System is to detect but does not function Please help me , whether the gadgets I could run the DAC? I have been using a USB OTG Cable and works fine :)
Edited by 22reyga - 10/27/12 at 3:02ampost #651 of 879110/27/12 at 3:18am
You could do both.
You could publish the result on Pastebin, and provide a link here.post #652 of 879110/27/12 at 3:44amQuote:Originally Posted by 22reyga
I have a SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10.1 and still use ROM ICS 4.0 What if I use ROM Jelly Bean can use the DAC? I trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with the Fiio E10 is not working, but the System is to detect but does not function Please help me , whether the gadgets I could run the DAC? I have been using a USB OTG Cable and works fine :)
If you provide a dmesg log output, there is likely the same E10 / E17 buggy descriptor issue than with the Galaxy S3.
In regard to standard USB audio, the behaviour of the Galaxy Note 10.1 is likely identical to the behaviour of the Galaxy S III / Galaxy Note II.
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with an Android-powered tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
stock Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (micro-A plug inserted in the Note 10.1) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
. HeadAmp Pico: (via a powered USB hub)
. HeadAmp Pico DAC: (via a powered USB hub)
. HifiMan HM-601:
. HifiMan HM-801:post #653 of 879110/27/12 at 5:12amQuote:
I guess it's just a matter of waiting :Lpost #654 of 879110/27/12 at 10:57amAbout Android-specific USB audio:"As of now, the standard Android releases do not include USB host support. Samsung decided to add this feature on their own. The Android folks are working on a funky USB dock protocol that works over USB (sort of like what Apple does) that, frankly, most of us developers think is stupid. There is certainly a push to put USB host support for standard devices (like audio, keyboards, etc.) into the normal Android releases."[Pete Millett, design engineer from Apex Hi-Fi]post #655 of 879110/27/12 at 12:15pmpost #656 of 879110/27/12 at 3:45pmpost #657 of 879110/27/12 at 4:58pmpost #658 of 879110/27/12 at 11:07pm
Pending the outcome of a group buy, I'll have a shiny new Meizu MX 4-core smartphone to test stuff with. Mine is also coming with a USB OTG cable (no real details were provided about it). My only DAC/amp is the E17, so I'll be testing it with the OTG cable first, then my USB -> SPDIF idea second. After that I'll gladly send out that OTG cable to an S3 / Note 2 owner to see if it works for them.post #659 of 879110/27/12 at 11:11pmpost #660 of 879110/27/12 at 11:21pm
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear