Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 41

post #601 of 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post

Weird!
The Galaxy S3 can interwork with an ODAC using the same Tenor TE7022 USB controller and the same ESS Sabre ES9023 conversion chip.

 

Thats what i figured, too bad it doesnt, hoped it would be something as simple as a setting in the phone.

The cable works with usb sticks and discs so i suppose thats ok.

 

Dont have a powered usb hub so i cant test this, would be no option for a mobile setup anyway.

 

Will restore the original software later to test and try to find out how to make those logs.

 

Steef


Edited by stevenstefke - 10/23/12 at 7:10am
post #602 of 5304

Where is the order page for this cable? Can't seem to find it.
post #603 of 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Where is the order page for this cable? Can't seem to find it.

 

No international orders/delivery yet. VentureCraft said that they may open up to international orders later today (Wed in Japan).

post #604 of 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

No international orders/delivery yet. VentureCraft said that they may open up to international orders later today (Wed in Japan).

ohhh, alright thanks.
post #605 of 5304

Just got my Note 2 (its wonderful!!!), it is working with E7, but not with the DAcport LX (even with a usb powered hub).


Edited by turokrocks - 10/23/12 at 2:19pm
post #606 of 5304

hmm still waiting for the OTG cable, really home the lyrix total USB will work, it sounds so awesome, my portable dream will be complete (for now) if it works

post #607 of 5304

@ DanBa,Is there a way to play 96/24 tracks on the Note2/S3 thru the Apex Glacier or other DAC/AMP?

post #608 of 5304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Just got my Note 2 (its wonderful!!!), it is working with E7, but not with the DAcport LX (even with a usb powered hub).

 

 

Awesome isn't it!

 

I mentioned earlier about the E7, looking forward to trying it with the Intruder and Leckteron in the coming couple of weeks.

post #609 of 5304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Where is the order page for this cable? Can't seem to find it.

 

Man, that cable is nice and tidy, but a fair bit more expensive than the male:male OTG one I purchased...

post #610 of 5304
Quote:

 

So we've confirmed that this is an OTG cable? If so, that makes it and the hakshop cable the only viable off-the-shelf solutions for a short, OTG micro USB male-to-male cable. FraGGleR's custom UD100 is another awesome idea; shorten the cable to something 1.5-3" and you'd have a great source-to-amp cable.

 

As I already have an E17, I'm going to look around for someone to build that OTG micro USB-in-SPDIF-out cable.

post #611 of 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

@ DanBa,Is there a way to play 96/24 tracks on the Note2/S3 thru the Apex Glacier or other DAC/AMP?

 

 

The Linux kernel of Android 4.x includes the USB audio driver for ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) which can be compliant with USB Audio Class 2 devices allowing for 24 bits / 192 kHz among others.

 

Hopefully, Samsung won’t restrict sample rates of a 24/96 USB DAC or a 24/192 USB DAC in the Android of the Galaxy Note II / Galaxy S III.

 

It seems that Neutron or Poweramp can play 24/96.

 

 

By the way, could you provide a dmesg log output? It should be interesting for Samsung developers to know what is going on between the Galaxy Note II and the DACport LX at the Linux kernel level.

post #612 of 5304

so the Fiio e7 works with Galaxy s3 and note 2, but not e17 ? Is this because of the drivers?

post #613 of 5304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

so the Fiio e7 works with Galaxy s3 and note 2, but not e17 ? Is this because of the drivers?

 

Correct, E7 works, E17 does not. Not sure why myself, I think DanBa has a better handle on it.

post #614 of 5304

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

so the Fiio e7 works with Galaxy s3 and note 2, but not e17 ? Is this because of the drivers?

 

Correct, E7 works, E17 does not. Not sure why myself, I think DanBa has a better handle on it.

 

 

 

Are you sure the problem are those drivers?

 

I'm in the middle of a long email session with some really short answering representative...

 

I have the N7000 (note 1) running JB 4.1.1, and was going to buy the E17.

 

The Fiio guy told me that the E17 won't work with the N7000 because it needs more power  for it's DAC.

 

The E7 needs less power for the DAC, and thats why it works with the note, I guess it's the same story for the note2.

 

(I don't understand why it needs any power at all from the smartphone, I thought thats what the internal battery of the DAC is for....)

post #615 of 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardulis View Post

 

 

Are you sure the problem are those drivers?

 

I'm in the middle of a long email session with some really short answering representative...

 

I have the N7000 (note 1) running JB 4.1.1, and was going to buy the E17.

 

The Fiio guy told me that the E17 won't work with the N7000 because it needs more power  for it's DAC.

 

The E7 needs less power for the DAC, and thats why it works with the note, I guess it's the same story for the note2.

 

(I don't understand why it needs any power at all from the smartphone, I thought thats what the internal battery of the DAC is for....)

 

They probably design the DAC section to be powered from the USB bus like the ODAC. That would make sense because you only need the amplifier while on the go (this was before the Android/USB audio time)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs