You have tested it with a Nexus 7, not with a Galaxy S3 / Note2.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 130
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 89313/20/13 at 2:21amQuote:Originally Posted by john65537
I'm using Ainol's Hero 10" tablet, its little brother the 7" one is on the NOT working list, I also tried USBAudioRecorderPRO with no luck.
Though I've downloaded CyanogenMod 10.1 for my tablet, but the question is, can I fix this issue by a new CyanogenMod?
Since all I need is the functionality of USB DAC,
I am trying to find exactly which files are relating to USB DAC, then I shall try a root modification.
Do you have any sugestion?
A lot of USB-related source codes to be mastered:
May be, you should ask the following guys:post #1938 of 89313/20/13 at 2:23am
With all the threads it seems like some people do and don't have USB DAC working on the Galaxy Nexus. Very unclear.
So can I use my FiiO E7 with my Galaxy Nexus? I'm rooted and running AOKP.
I saw the usb audio recorder app... but it only allows files to play from within the app itself and those files can't be mp3!post #1939 of 89313/20/13 at 2:27am
As far as I know, USB DAC can only interwork with Galaxy Nexus using USB Audio Recorder PRO.
Edited by DanBa - 3/20/13 at 2:36ampost #1940 of 89313/20/13 at 2:32ampost #1941 of 89313/20/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by FlySweep
Adding to Theogenes post.. I have a US Galaxy S3 (Verizon/JB 4.1.2/stock TouchWiz ROM).. the PCSTEP works perfectly with it via OTG (and sounds terrific, btw).
I think it's important to mention if you have a US or international version of said phone as some brands/models have differing chipsets & capabilities (i.e. the CPU in the int'l S3 vs the US' S3). I'm not sure what kind of impact this has on USB Audio functionality.. but I noticed some international user(s) were able to get their ODAC to work with the (int'l) S3.. I couldn't get the ODAC to work via OTG with my US-based S3 (it does work with a powered hub & OTG, though).
That's odd. I also have the Verizon S3 w/ Jellybean running stock (although rooted) and my O2/ODAC combo worked fine. (There were intermittent issues, as there have been with all the other devices I've tried as well, but it didn't fare any worse than anything else). Have you tried hooking them up to a computer or another USB DAC capable device?post #1942 of 89313/20/13 at 7:05amQuote:
Everything works on my nexus 4 just like it should mate.
Were you running a custom ROM?post #1943 of 89313/20/13 at 7:52am
Ive updated the PCStep appreciation thread to include comparisons..
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 3/20/13 at 8:01ampost #1944 of 89313/20/13 at 10:18amQuote:
Have a further look. You'll see it's the galaxy nexus we're on about.post #1945 of 89313/20/13 at 10:27ampost #1946 of 89313/20/13 at 11:54amQuote:
Hmm ok, well dont see why it wouldnt work.
Unless you're running a custom kernel or ROM.post #1947 of 89313/20/13 at 1:22pmpost #1948 of 89313/20/13 at 1:33pmpost #1949 of 89313/20/13 at 1:45pmpost #1950 of 89313/20/13 at 2:50pm
As an aside, for all of you Samsung users out there, do yourselves a giant favor and install: (1) nova launcher, and (2) the jelly bean hd theme, in place of touchwiz. No rooting is required, and both apps are free. Nova launcher is basically a UI overlay, but it runs smoother and looks so much better than stock touchwiz.
Edited by skeptic - 3/20/13 at 2:52pm
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 30 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 vs Sennheiser Momentum M2 42 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 57 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How do we hear height in a recording with earphones 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear