or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 91  

post #1351 of 2761
Glad to hear it since I don't have the UE500 tips and am liking the CKM50 tips a good bit. Yea the bass is just on a another level.
post #1352 of 2761

I'm not really impressed by the speed of the driver, though it's good for a dynamic, and the decay on some notes sounds a bit unrealistic, but I have to agree that the dynamics are pretty impressive. The physical depth (also the depth of the notes) of the bass punch is REALLY impressive; it's REALLY noticeable in rap songs that use gunshots, or anything that uses hand drums...WOW.

 

Subbass impact isn't what I want out of it, though; deep drums and some of the subbass on tracks by Distance sounds more, well, distant than than I would like. Confrontation by Damien Marley, which is a really passionate and kind of musically overwhelming song with the right phones, just doesn't have the same luster; the drums and vocals aren't as immediate or full as most of my previous IEMs.

 

It seems to have an analytical presentation with a rather non-analytical sound signature.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysins View Post

They definitely get better with a little burn in as I noticed the bass opened up for me a lot and of course there is the mental burn in of just getting used to how a headphone sounds. @Dsnuts, best song to just test out the bass on these for me has been Rack City. Just low low bass coming in and out of the song. Also, definitely the quickest dynamics I've heard. It's like having almost a balanced armature and dynamic driver stuffed into the ear piece. These go so well with faster rock. Listening to tool is just fun. Also, I'd recommend giving O.S.I's blood and radiolounge. Very interesting rock songs that you'll miss parts of the song without good headphones. 



 


Edited by Gilly87 - 3/6/12 at 4:44pm
post #1353 of 2761

God, there is something really offensive about these that my ears just dont want to accept, but they sound SO good in terms of detail and being the tonal balance that I want that I can't put them down...its like they are so close to what I'm looking for, but there's just something almost painful about the shoutiness of the mids, and the effect they have on cymbals, that really offends my ears. Detail definitely destroys anything else I have heard. Picking up textures and sounds everywhere that just didn't exist before, even on lower bitrate tracks.

post #1354 of 2761

I feel like this might have been mentioned before but there is some odd wire-looking thing that comes about a milimeter shy of sticking out of the nozzle in the right earpiece, but sits further back in the other...do others have this as well, and any idea what it is?

post #1355 of 2761

I think Gily, you express what other have done.

These need filters

post #1356 of 2761

Personally, I like an analytical presentation, and these sound just about perfect to me. However, Gilly87, I can understand how one could want a little more musical approach for these. I have a EQ preset where I create a slight bell curve and heighten the bass and treble, recess the mids, and all ever so slightly, that give these headphones a more lively and fun presentation for certain songs and I just switch between the two preset depending on what I'm listening too. And I just tried upping the bass and sub bass to what you have it at dsnuts and it was pretty ridiculous. It definitely feels like there's a woofer in my ear. I don't have much experience EQing headphones but these seem to respond very well to it but, honestly, I have no idea what headphones that do not respond well to it would sound like, but and am happy with my slight alteration. 

 

 

post #1357 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

Arriving tomorrow, bro!



beerchug.gif FlySweep, bruh! Great!!

 

 

 

And remember - to those who find the mids too "shouty" - that Dale is developing a filter that will probably change the sound of the ASG-1 to more of an audiophile's liking and take away the so-called "shoutyness." Just something to think about before you rush to sell (unless the sound signature is just not for you, period).

post #1358 of 2761

can anyone explain this "mids being too shouty" what does it even sound like?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post



beerchug.gif FlySweep, bruh! Great!!

 

 

 

And remember - to those who find the mids too "shouty" - that Dale is developing a filter that will probably change the sound of the ASG-1 to more of an audiophile's liking and take away the so-called "shoutyness." Just something to think about before you rush to sell (unless the sound signature is just not for you, period).



 

post #1359 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post



beerchug.gif FlySweep, bruh! Great!!

 

 

 

And remember - to those who find the mids too "shouty" - that Dale is developing a filter that will probably change the sound of the ASG-1 to more of an audiophile's liking and take away the so-called "shoutyness." Just something to think about before you rush to sell (unless the sound signature is just not for you, period).


Just from a little experimenting, mostly any harder tip than stock with a sound bore roughly the same size of the opening in the ASG-1's calm the mids down to nicely exciting. At least for my ears. Hope others find similar results if they are looking for the same.
post #1360 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

God, there is something really offensive about these that my ears just dont want to accept, but they sound SO good in terms of detail and being the tonal balance that I want that I can't put them down...its like they are so close to what I'm looking for, but there's just something almost painful about the shoutiness of the mids, and the effect they have on cymbals, that really offends my ears. Detail definitely destroys anything else I have heard. Picking up textures and sounds everywhere that just didn't exist before, even on lower bitrate tracks.



Try dropping 600 Hz to 900 Hz down a db or three.. the shout will go away, at least it did for me.  There's something in that area that was fatiguing for me. 

 

post #1361 of 2761

none of the shouting effect with my listening, well back from my coma, thank you Mr. EP10! just what the audio doctor ordered, take two ASGs and never have to call him again, damn, these blow my EX600s out of the water, they have the fullness and excelent treble of the 7550s, and with a 4d effect of the 600s and then some, like ALOT of the sumptin, WHA!

 

but I am liking these, I never thought that I'd find this in a dynamic, or any other for that matter, that could be this engaging? well my musick therapy just went to the next level? it's like my musickness should sound, lol, EVERYTHING is tight, exteremely detailed, and FULL! to the brim, and oozing all over my brain, hubba hubba hubbity hub hub hub! did I miss any hubbas? hhmmm, nope! that says it all,

 

I wonder how the Fostex, or Solo could add to these? I can't imagine them being able to do so, I think I just saved myself $600.00 or so, kowabunga! probably the best money I've spent in a while? well the TTVJ will give me some contrast, as the Voyager ZOv1 setup is sounding uber NICE! yes they take to amping super quiet well, eric I hope your hearing what I am hearing biggrin.gif! thanks bro for recomending these little beauties, WOW! 


Edited by ANDEROAN - 3/6/12 at 5:41pm
post #1362 of 2761

Oh I quite enjoy the presentation; the timbre of instruments that rely more on higher registers just makes it feel inappropriate. When I give the upper mids (2k and 4k bands on PowerAmp) a dip, the strange effect in cymbals and vocals goes away, and the whole sound feels much more coherent and natural; it's like there is a dim light-tan wash over the whole sound that disappears. It is probably the closest tonal balance I have heard to what I would consider a natural (dont mistake for neutral) sound; yes the bass is a bit emphasized, but so it is in all live music, even classical (if you've ever heard a timpani roll in a real concert hall while in good seats, you know what I mean), and most modern music, period, live or no.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysins View Post

Personally, I like an analytical presentation, and these sound just about perfect to me. However, Gilly87, I can understand how one could want a little more musical approach for these. I have a EQ preset where I create a slight bell curve and heighten the bass and treble, recess the mids, and all ever so slightly, that give these headphones a more lively and fun presentation for certain songs and I just switch between the two preset depending on what I'm listening too. And I just tried upping the bass and sub bass to what you have it at dsnuts and it was pretty ridiculous. It definitely feels like there's a woofer in my ear. I don't have much experience EQing headphones but these seem to respond very well to it but, honestly, I have no idea what headphones that do not respond well to it would sound like, but and am happy with my slight alteration. 

 

 



 


Edited by Gilly87 - 3/6/12 at 5:49pm
post #1363 of 2761

I have no problem with the lower mids; it's the 2k-4k range that needed some attenuation for me in order to make them sound more natural. Just a couple decibals and it's a whole new world. The cymbals still sound a mite...stunted, for lack of a better word, in terms of the extension they portray, but the sound does become much more natural and coherent on the whole.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyRusso View Post



Try dropping 600 Hz to 900 Hz down a db or three.. the shout will go away, at least it did for me.  There's something in that area that was fatiguing for me. 

 



 


Edited by Gilly87 - 3/6/12 at 5:53pm
post #1364 of 2761

To me, these seem like a natural upgrade for the Shure SE215 for any who like the lower-end Shure's mid-forward sound with strong bass but want to move up to something more "mature" sounding, with more detail, bigger soundstage, faster drivers, and less bass bleed. It's not as lush and forward, though, which unfortunately are the two specific attributes I liked most about the Shures in addition to their sound signature. The ASG-1 is a bit dry for my taste, and I would prefer a more intimate sound from the vocals.

post #1365 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

I feel like this might have been mentioned before but there is some odd wire-looking thing that comes about a milimeter shy of sticking out of the nozzle in the right earpiece, but sits further back in the other...do others have this as well, and any idea what it is?


I'm curious about this. Mine doesn't have anything of the sort. Can you possibly get a picture? 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews