Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 713
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10682 of 184451/28/13 at 3:25pmpost #10683 of 184451/28/13 at 7:26pmpost #10684 of 184451/28/13 at 7:37pmpost #10685 of 184451/28/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by turokrocks
and still looks awesome.
Did you know Steve Jobs got from one of his employee's Walkman (after his trip to Japan where he was amazed by the number of people carrying the Walkman and disk man) and dismantled it and asked his team to build a "New" device with such build quality..etc and after some years, the ipod came....
In a way the Sony brought us the ipod!!
Even the new Walkmans have an application to simulate the old cassette tapes
I like that my tapes still work...The Walkman is still a fun device.....post #10686 of 184451/28/13 at 8:17pm
Bose? What a poseur.
My cats have way better taste. Seriously, I have about four sets of speakers lying around and they only ever perch on the Usher BE718s. Like a pair of obsidian kitty guardians of the gate, in full stereo and color-coordinated to the speakers.post #10687 of 184451/28/13 at 10:54pmpost #10688 of 184451/28/13 at 10:57pmpost #10689 of 184451/29/13 at 12:42ampost #10690 of 184451/29/13 at 9:55amQuote:
How do you like those Audioengine A2's? I keep trying to maintain a desktop speaker setup that is mostly capable of full-range reproduction but it's becoming VERY frustrating.post #10691 of 184451/29/13 at 10:43amQuote:
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.post #10692 of 184451/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.
Really? Mine are bass cannons with the right song. They really work with what ever music you play with them I find.post #10693 of 184451/29/13 at 1:11pmThe A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.post #10694 of 184451/29/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by olor1n
The A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.
I'm using them through my Bifrost, and I agree. I could hear A lot of noise and distortion through my on board sound card.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 52 seconds ago
- › Is my EO7K the weaklink in my portable rig? Could I do better in... 1 minute ago
- › Small comparison of AWEI ES800M (Best bang for buck) 1 minute ago
- › JVC SU-AX7 - new portable headphone amp/dac 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) 4 minutes ago
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)