Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 713
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10682 of 173741/28/13 at 3:25pmpost #10683 of 173741/28/13 at 7:26pmpost #10684 of 173741/28/13 at 7:37pmpost #10685 of 173741/28/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by turokrocks
and still looks awesome.
Did you know Steve Jobs got from one of his employee's Walkman (after his trip to Japan where he was amazed by the number of people carrying the Walkman and disk man) and dismantled it and asked his team to build a "New" device with such build quality..etc and after some years, the ipod came....
In a way the Sony brought us the ipod!!
Even the new Walkmans have an application to simulate the old cassette tapes
I like that my tapes still work...The Walkman is still a fun device.....post #10686 of 173741/28/13 at 8:17pm
Bose? What a poseur.
My cats have way better taste. Seriously, I have about four sets of speakers lying around and they only ever perch on the Usher BE718s. Like a pair of obsidian kitty guardians of the gate, in full stereo and color-coordinated to the speakers.post #10687 of 173741/28/13 at 10:54pmpost #10688 of 173741/28/13 at 10:57pmpost #10689 of 173741/29/13 at 12:42ampost #10690 of 173741/29/13 at 9:55amQuote:
How do you like those Audioengine A2's? I keep trying to maintain a desktop speaker setup that is mostly capable of full-range reproduction but it's becoming VERY frustrating.post #10691 of 173741/29/13 at 10:43amQuote:
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.post #10692 of 173741/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.
Really? Mine are bass cannons with the right song. They really work with what ever music you play with them I find.post #10693 of 173741/29/13 at 1:11pmThe A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.post #10694 of 173741/29/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by olor1n
The A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.
I'm using them through my Bifrost, and I agree. I could hear A lot of noise and distortion through my on board sound card.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Dacmini PX 6 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 in Black 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 10 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude