Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 713post #10681 of 213161/28/13 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10682 of 213161/28/13 at 7:37pmpost #10683 of 213161/28/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by turokrocks
and still looks awesome.
Did you know Steve Jobs got from one of his employee's Walkman (after his trip to Japan where he was amazed by the number of people carrying the Walkman and disk man) and dismantled it and asked his team to build a "New" device with such build quality..etc and after some years, the ipod came....
In a way the Sony brought us the ipod!!
Even the new Walkmans have an application to simulate the old cassette tapes
I like that my tapes still work...The Walkman is still a fun device.....post #10684 of 213161/28/13 at 8:17pm
Bose? What a poseur.
My cats have way better taste. Seriously, I have about four sets of speakers lying around and they only ever perch on the Usher BE718s. Like a pair of obsidian kitty guardians of the gate, in full stereo and color-coordinated to the speakers.post #10685 of 213161/28/13 at 10:54pmpost #10686 of 213161/28/13 at 10:57pmpost #10687 of 213161/29/13 at 12:42ampost #10688 of 213161/29/13 at 9:55amQuote:
How do you like those Audioengine A2's? I keep trying to maintain a desktop speaker setup that is mostly capable of full-range reproduction but it's becoming VERY frustrating.post #10689 of 213161/29/13 at 10:43amQuote:
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.post #10690 of 213161/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.
Really? Mine are bass cannons with the right song. They really work with what ever music you play with them I find.post #10691 of 213161/29/13 at 1:11pmThe A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.post #10692 of 213161/29/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by olor1n
The A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.
I'm using them through my Bifrost, and I agree. I could hear A lot of noise and distortion through my on board sound card.post #10693 of 213161/30/13 at 8:49ampost #10694 of 213161/30/13 at 9:06am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 30 seconds ago
- › It's okay if you missed your prom 43 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › LTTF/ LTB Chord Mojo 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...