Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Build: 10/10 Sturdiest pair of headphones I have ever bought. You would be hard pressed to find a better build despite its mostly plastic parts. They may look cheap at a glance but in person...
I'm going to keep this review brief and to the point. This amp is freakin' awesome for $250 and it has a high/low gain meaning it's capable with almost any type of headphone you can throw at it...
Great headphones, however going back as look too stupid on me to wear in public. The headphones have an angular side band which leaves a huge gap on each side my medium-narrow face (with...
Very good headphones. The sound is good. Good idea for vocal reproduction.
My take on these cans: I've had the HE-400s for about year, and am now running them through a V-Dac II into a Burson soloist. Argon 5057 Cables between the amp and dac. For...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 713
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10682 of 136731/28/13 at 3:25pmpost #10683 of 136731/28/13 at 7:26pmpost #10684 of 136731/28/13 at 7:37pmpost #10685 of 136731/28/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by turokrocks
and still looks awesome.
Did you know Steve Jobs got from one of his employee's Walkman (after his trip to Japan where he was amazed by the number of people carrying the Walkman and disk man) and dismantled it and asked his team to build a "New" device with such build quality..etc and after some years, the ipod came....
In a way the Sony brought us the ipod!!
Even the new Walkmans have an application to simulate the old cassette tapes
I like that my tapes still work...The Walkman is still a fun device.....post #10686 of 136731/28/13 at 8:17pm
Bose? What a poseur.
My cats have way better taste. Seriously, I have about four sets of speakers lying around and they only ever perch on the Usher BE718s. Like a pair of obsidian kitty guardians of the gate, in full stereo and color-coordinated to the speakers.post #10687 of 136731/28/13 at 10:54pmpost #10688 of 136731/28/13 at 10:57pmpost #10689 of 136731/29/13 at 12:42ampost #10690 of 136731/29/13 at 9:55amQuote:
How do you like those Audioengine A2's? I keep trying to maintain a desktop speaker setup that is mostly capable of full-range reproduction but it's becoming VERY frustrating.post #10691 of 136731/29/13 at 10:43amQuote:
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.post #10692 of 136731/29/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin
I like the A2s a lot! They have a pretty mid-forward sound that I enjoy. No real thumping bass or lots of sparkle, but they're small and have a sound sig that I like a lot. They're not really hi-fi, but they're great for the purpose that I use them for. Don't expect miracles, but for $200, they're pretty great. I actually use them more than my headphones, which are much more expensive since they're a great, relaxing listen.
Really? Mine are bass cannons with the right song. They really work with what ever music you play with them I find.post #10693 of 136731/29/13 at 1:11pmThe A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.post #10694 of 136731/29/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by olor1n
The A2s are excellent bang for buck IMO. Placement is key to alleviate its oft cited shortfalls. Surprisingly they also respond very well to the source. I thought I'd heard its ceiling when it was fed by the Bifrost, but it scaled well to the Gungnir and yet again to the NAD M51.
I'm using them through my Bifrost, and I agree. I could hear A lot of noise and distortion through my on board sound card.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 18 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 21 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Stealth) - Comparisons to TG334, Senn... 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1,... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor Headphone by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by wahsmoh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by amir_j
- › AKG K171 MKII Headphones by Luca1234512345
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Jussi
- › Yulong Sabre D18 by varias
- › Altmann Tera-Player by Chexxchexx
- › Ultimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphones by dvnitycker
- › Klipsch Reference S4 Premium In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphones (Black) by Tommy1001
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Stonemanty
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe