Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #10,652 of 41,298
Quote:
No kidding. I thought college students were poor these days with rising tuition!

We are... just maybe not him? 
eek.gif

I thought I had a pretty nice college set-up (Dragonfly -> Glite -> AD2000/HD600), but that pretty much blows my set-up away. And I only bought the AD2000 as a gift to myself for finding a job.

Reminds me that I should post my station here.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #10,653 of 41,298
i bought most of my stuff while i was in college. the first year of college i only had the hd 650 and a cheap portable amp. after internship, i spent most of the money on buying my Woo amps, buying alot of mid-fi headphones (back when i had the 701s, grados, and beyers), and eventually selling them for what i have now.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #10,655 of 41,298
Quote:
My goals in terms of headphone listening equipment isn't too high. All I want is the Schiit Bifrost and Schiit Valhalla. Once I get that, my headphone journey would be satiated at last. Life and the purchasing of music is what pushes me back from purchasing these upgrades sooner.

Good luck with that... :\ That's exactly how I started out. No telling how far you will go or how long it will take to get there, but it's pretty safe to bet that the above won't be the end of your Head-Fi journey
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #10,657 of 41,298
Quote:
My humble college rig....from 1983!!

and still looks awesome.
Did you know Steve Jobs got from one of his employee's Walkman (after his trip to Japan where he was amazed by the number of people carrying the Walkman and disk man) and dismantled it and asked his team to build a "New" device with such build quality..etc and after some years, the ipod came....
In a way the Sony brought us the ipod!!
Even the new Walkmans have an application to simulate the old cassette tapes

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #10,659 of 41,298
My head kind of exploded yesterday when I was making 'the list' of upgrades and stuff I'd want to make to my system and for the first time ever I ran out of stuff to put on it...

Granted, I've moved to speakers (which I consider part of my 'Head-fi' journey), but I finally see that light at the end of the tunnel that equals just a ton of music buying instead of big money upgrades.

Don't worry though, the list is still quite daunting (especially since I plan to cut down to part time at work, along with a major pay cut). So I might still be buying for awhile, but I know now that it won't be forever.

Quote:
Quote:
Good luck with that... :\ That's exactly how I started out. No telling how far you will go or how long it will take to get there, but it's pretty safe to bet that the above won't be the end of your Head-Fi journey
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #10,660 of 41,298
Quote:
My goals in terms of headphone listening equipment isn't too high. All I want is the Schiit Bifrost and Schiit Valhalla. Once I get that, my headphone journey would be satiated at last. Life and the purchasing of music is what pushes me back from purchasing these upgrades sooner.

I agree, purchasing music sets me back as well. Everytime I go to buy a CD I end up walking out with at least 5. They also force me to return by giving me a $10 coupon on my next purchase that expires in 2 weeks which pretty much guarantees my return because a CD usually costs about $6 lol.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #10,662 of 41,298
Quote:

We are... just maybe not him? 
eek.gif

I thought I had a pretty nice college set-up (Dragonfly -> Glite -> AD2000/HD600), but that pretty much blows my set-up away. And I only bought the AD2000 as a gift to myself for finding a job.

Reminds me that I should post my station here.

Its the fruits of hundreds of hours of labor during the summer break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back