or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help) - Page 4

post #46 of 74
Hooboy...one more, just because

post #47 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaren View Post
Why bother switching the cable ??

Why not just put the left driver in right ear and vice versa ?
Because getting the correct stereo imaging requires the right channel to the right ear. You can just swap the drivers, but you're hearing the imaging flipped - whether that matters to you is up to you.
post #48 of 74
glad to have been of help damn that looks sweet. now i'm wishing i'd picked fedex instead of international mail tsk. i don't think they'd sit so far deep in my ears compared to yu bigger dudes on head-fi, but i don't think they'll look too shabby either!

also, stevie, you can actually set the resolution you want to upload in on imageshack at the link i gave you. don't be shy to post bigger pictures
post #49 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaren View Post
Why bother switching the cable ??

Why not just put the left driver in right ear and vice versa ?
read the thread
post #50 of 74
Hey without your help, I'd have just given up w/Imageshack at least for awhile so thanks due, man.

When do you think your Triples will fly in? And your social life fly out? LOL...

The pix btw are with med olives - smaller tips you may well get deeper....

Bigger pix? There's a thought, I could be bandwidth hog! oink....


edit\ oops, just reread that -not intended at you channum!
post #51 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSi View Post
read the thread

I understand what it matters, i mean its obviously the sound ment for ur left ear would end up in ur right.

But i was wondering what the problem about that is. Should try it maybe.
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaren View Post
I understand what it matters, i mean its obviously the sound ment for ur left ear would end up in ur right.

But i was wondering what the problem about that is. Should try it maybe.
So hearing a right handed drummer, say, have a left handed kit wouldn't bother you? Or that suddenly the violins in an orchestra sit on the other side of the stage?

It would me
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
Hey without your help, I'd have just given up w/Imageshack at least for awhile so thanks due, man.

When do you think your Triples will fly in? And your social life fly out? LOL...

The pix btw are with med olives - smaller tips you may well get deeper....

Bigger pix? There's a thought, I could be bandwidth hog! oink....


edit\ oops, just reread that -not intended at you channum!
heh no worries all i did was paste a link.

well i ordered them on 27may from earphonesolutions. with the coupon promo. it says so on their site 5-25 days, so it could potentially be a really long wait. till then i'll just be trolling this forums waiting for the hours to tick by lol.
i'll use them mainly when i'm travelling about though so no worries about social life taking a backseat!

i'm not so keen on the olives, unless the flex tips don't fit, upon which i'll consider em.. since i have a few UE stock foamies lying ard form which i could dig the core out.
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
So hearing a right handed drummer, say, have a left handed kit wouldn't bother you? Or that suddenly the violins in an orchestra sit on the other side of the stage?

It would me
Yeah ofcourse, but i never knew same went for the L and R channel using ur IEM's. Excuse me for being a noob :P I might try switching them
post #55 of 74
IME, the UE cores pretty much fall out...no shovels required!
post #56 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaren View Post
Yeah ofcourse, but i never knew same went for the L and R channel using ur IEM's. Excuse me for being a noob :P I might try switching them
just try switching between your right and left earphones and see if you notice any difference. or wear your headphones backwards.
post #57 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
IME, the UE cores pretty much fall out...no shovels required!
no i meant stuffing the UE cores into the olives
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaren View Post
Yeah ofcourse, but i never knew same went for the L and R channel using ur IEM's. Excuse me for being a noob :P I might try switching them
Give it a go & let us know what you think

And I have to ask, what did you think the L/R were for then?

j/k!
post #59 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
Give it a go & let us know what you think

And I have to ask, what did you think the L/R were for then?

j/k!
I do notice a difference, but im not sure if it bothers me flipping the L and R side.

And well, for someone studying at a univeristy im just a simple mind i guess
post #60 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
no i meant stuffing the UE cores into the olives
Just go slow with a modelling knife or similar when you're cutting away the Shure core -unlike UE, they're glued in very well...as you'll always cut a hole larger than the original core, UE's fit in easily.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)