Makes me feel a whole lot better about the ever creaking HP-1's:)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1585post #23761 of 237691/19/15 at 3:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23762 of 237691/19/15 at 5:25pm
Yah those old yamies are terrible, I hate the sound ^^
There's nothing like a $600 T50RP modded by some self-proclaimed expert in his garage.
Edited by leeperry - 1/19/15 at 5:26pmpost #23763 of 237691/19/15 at 5:27pm
^ You can try a dab of Plumbers grease ( silcone lube ) for those Yammies I think., but I can live with creaks.
I estimate you could buy 160 containers of Silicone grease, times about...say...200 applications per container to your creaking hinges for the price of that fleabay item.
32,000 creak fixes at about 6 per lifetime, that's 5,333.33333 lifetimes worth..... or one fleabay item.
Just putting it into perspective is all :P
But yeah they are kinda "dusty" and dated . No wonder folks go for what Leeperry mentioned.
THESE DAYS a single creak gets sent back for warranty exchange 3 or 4 times, with up to the millisceond tracking updated. See I even just forgot what my point was. It's what happens.
Edited by nick n - 1/19/15 at 5:37pmpost #23764 of 237691/19/15 at 5:32pmpost #23765 of 237691/19/15 at 6:53pmQuote:
What got me into modding? Not wanting to pay $300 for a pair of Grado woodiesor $1000 for a pair of T50rp. It might take me a while to get them right, but it's not going to cost that much money...post #23766 of 237691/21/15 at 4:42pmQuote:
Truth. The only reason I got pre-modded T50rps was becuase they were on sale cheaper then stock ones heh....
Besides, I enjoy modding. One of the reasons why I got the t50rp. Making them my own, making the sound I like. Showing them off saying I made them sound like that. Its a great hobby to tinker with (much cheaper then my RC cars anyways, and more rewarding then my sugar model rockets)
On a different note, I modded my YH-100s a bit ago, the write up is somewhere pages back. I was complaining how muddy the mids were still after the mod. Well I was just testing them on my sound card in my computer. Went to my dads, plug them into one of the Luxman amps, and by goodness the difference. Lesson learned, power really does matter when trying to drive 150ohm orthros
Edited by SeEnCreaTive - 1/21/15 at 4:44pmpost #23767 of 237691/22/15 at 8:15pmQuote:
sarcasm detected...?post #23768 of 237691/27/15 at 8:40pmpost #23769 of 237691/28/15 at 6:02am
I am glad I missed it too, it all ended so badly...but the guy did break major ground on T50rp modding...my woodies owe a huge debt to his design.
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Fiio shall have a Global eStore 43 seconds ago
- › MHDT Labs Pagoda - Any owners out there? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Should i get HD650 beside of HE-500 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just got my ODAC and meh... 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3