Flat dynamic type?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAMFITON TDS-15tagged by drawning126, 5/15/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- brandFostextagged by System, 12/17/10
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by drawning126, 5/14/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SR-40tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by yonas, 1/28/13More
- brandYamahatagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha electronics HP-3 headphonestagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-1tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha HP-3tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
- productYamaha Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productYamaha YH-1000tagged by yonas, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HiFi cans Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Orthodynamic Roundup - Page 1564
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23447 of 234599/5/14 at 1:01ampost #23448 of 234599/5/14 at 2:06pm
Finally got around to adulterating my pair of Audio Technica ATH-M2's.
ATH-M2 frame, PMB 6 drivers, "rip-off" Audio Technica replacement pads of forgotten model number, stock damping foam and 38mm yellow fiberglass discs.
Where the ATH-M2 drivers were "peaky" in the midrange like we know SFI's to be, these are perhaps mildly recessed, yet otherwise very flat to my ears. This is the best I've ever heard the PMB 6 drivers sound, these are way more comfortable than the stock ATH-M2 (ATH-2 earpads are like racing flats, there's no cush to them whatsoever), and I actually prefer the sound to the stock M2 as well. Overall I'm very happy with how these turned out. Easily gift-able, I think they'd be a very nice intro into ortho's, or hi-fi headphones in general.
And, for the sake of those who might be interested, I really don't need the stock M2 drivers (150Ohm SFI's, basically) and contemplated putting up an ad. PM me if interested and we can work something out.
Edited by khbaur330162 - 9/5/14 at 2:10pmpost #23449 of 234599/8/14 at 5:31pmpost #23450 of 234599/16/14 at 4:41ampost #23451 of 234599/16/14 at 11:06ampost #23452 of 234599/16/14 at 9:33pmpost #23453 of 234599/16/14 at 9:55pmpost #23454 of 234599/16/14 at 10:29pmpost #23455 of 234599/19/14 at 1:41pmpost #23456 of 234599/19/14 at 6:08pmpost #23457 of 234599/19/14 at 7:04pmpost #23458 of 234599/19/14 at 7:42pm
- Orthodynamic Roundup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 11 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP 50 Black 3 minutes ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)