ZZ Top: How cool can one band be?
Jan 9, 2008 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
I can see the teenagers of the ZZ Top day riding around in their camaros and firebirds blaring 'Gimme All Your Lovin' on their way to a kegger.

I don't think there's a band out there that personifies cool more adequately thank ZZ Top... Seriously
cool.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 12
Agreed. I avoided them a lot in my early high school years because I thought the band was stupid. Once I heard Gimme All Your Lovin and remembered it from elementary school, I started searching for more of their music, and have a pretty decent collection now. I don't think a week goes by anymore where I don't give them a listen.

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hadden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tres Hombres era is the REAL ZZ top.

Agreed! Jesus just left Chicago...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 12
a must for southern rock

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 12
Check out Rio Grande Mud. I dare you to find one weak song on the entire album! All classics. I still have my vinyl copy of that and Tres Hombres.

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 12
Saw Billy Gibbs of ZZ Top on Austin City Limits show on PBS network playing guitar with Roky Erickson band recently on TV.........some cool guitar licks going down for sure!

Roky is fellow Texas native who was in famous psychedellic band 13th Floor Elevators......has many albums out under his own name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back