Zwan is gone...
Sep 15, 2003 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
As in kaput, fini, bye-bye. And we hardly got to know them...
wink.gif
I know there are a lot of Pumpkins fans here who may be interested: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new....asp?nid=18678

Mark

Sep 16, 2003 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 12
For some reason, I never really got into them. Saw them in a concert with Queens of the Stone Age and definitely enjoyed QotSA much more. Zwan's set was interesting but meandered a bit too much for my tastes...

Smashing Pumpkins will always be in my heart.
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 12
yay for a solo career. hopefully he won't produce/record/engineer the album himself though.
biggrin.gif

i'm glad i own zwan's album, but it's really not my favorite or anything. i still feel that corgan is an incredible songwriter and will be able to pull this kind of thing off well-enough. anyway, i'm hopeful. thanks for the news.

Sep 16, 2003 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 12
He he. Then I guess there will be no tears for Djali Zwan, either, then?
tongue.gif

There seemed to be no passion generated about the project among music fans (I have the Zwan disc, and it's OK), and based on the Rolling Stone piece, no enthusiasm inside the band either. Probably for the best to call it quits.

Sep 16, 2003 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 12
My favorite Zwan song was a a 10 second clip in the intro of the DVD. I barely cared for the rest.

And I hope his next album doesn't snap crackle and pop.

Sep 16, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 12
I hate to admit it, but Zwan's songs really weren't that good (and Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band). Hopefully, he will make more music, and NOT make the recordings sound like 128kbps Kazaa mp3's
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2003 at 9:06 AM Post #10 of 12
Slightly off topic, but where did James Iha go? Is he in another band now?

Sep 22, 2003 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 12
I really enjoyed zwan. It took me a few times listening to it all the way through to really start to enjoy it though.

Billy Corgan will be good at whatever he does. I'm just glad he isn't entirely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back