Zune won't Synch
Jun 11, 2007 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Josh07039

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Zune today and it won't synch or download the firmware. The software acknowledges that the zune is plugged in, and the zune says connected, but no music is on the zune.

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First click on the circular arrows in the upper right corner (this means sync), then drag the "Library" tab to the sync list, then press start sync.

ive done that, i click the"start sync" button but nothing happens. Also, every time i try to update the firmware a box comes up that says "an error has occurred while trying to update the firmware."

Also, when i click on sync options, the option to sync Zune is in gray type suggesting it is an unavailable option just like the bottom on the bottom is.

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 10
Try reinstalling the Zune software, and make sure your files are in the correct format. and also try to restore the zune player back to the the original factory settings.

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 10
Hey, Josh, I posted this just now on the Zune Review thread, but what the heck:

For syncing errors, try these:
1) Connect the Zune to a USB port at the back of your PC, not the front
2) Connect it directly to the PC, and not through a USB Hub
3) Try reinstalling the Zune software if this happens too often
4) Download a more current release of the Zune software from Microsoft's website
5) If you do opt for option #4, then try Microsoft's tips (also on their website) for a clean uninstall of your original Zune software first

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 10
Try downloading the software from the Zune's official website instead of using the install cd. cause when I downloaded the software from their website it worked better than the one on the cd.

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 10
Reset the Zune. Back button + up on the Dpad.

Connect to an USB port on the back.
Update the zune software before connecting the Zune.

Last thing. Try another computer. My zune doesn't work with this machine at work 'cause every USB port is hosed to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back