Zune vs. Vibez vs. X5(L) for sound quality??
Apr 8, 2007 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tman1

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had a chance to compare any of these players for sound quality? People have said great things about the Zune (even that it is as good or better than the Karma for SQ!), and the other two listed, and I'm very curious how these 3 stack up against each other.

Apr 8, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 15
Looks like you've got a top notch list so you'll probably be happy with any one of them. I really enjoy my VibeZ. It does a great job and is different than what you see others packing around with them.

Where the VibeZ excells is:
1. Sound Quality is very impressive with plenty of power, depth and clarity. Eliminating the need for a portable amp.
2. User interface is almost the same as the Rio Karma which is considered by many the best available. Read up on that if you choose to.
3. The equalizer is second to none. I prefer to listen to it with no equalizer but if you're into it there's a lot you can do with it.

Cons are:
Smaller capacity, currently 12gb
The navigation wheel takes a little time to get use to.

Good Luck!

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DobsOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you've got a top notch list so you'll probably be happy with any one of them. I really enjoy my VibeZ. It does a great job and is different than what you see others packing around with them.

Where the VibeZ excells is:
1. Sound Quality is very impressive with plenty of power, depth and clarity. Eliminating the need for a portable amp.
2. User interface is almost the same as the Rio Karma which is considered by many the best available. Read up on that if you choose to.
3. The equalizer is second to none. I prefer to listen to it with no equalizer but if you're into it there's a lot you can do with it.

Cons are:
Smaller capacity, currently 12gb
The navigation wheel takes a little time to get use to.

Good Luck!

Thanks. Yeah I was pretty much set on the Vibez (after being set on the X5 prior to that
rolleyes.gif
), until I read about the problems with the wheel moving when it's in your pocket (thus changing songs, volume or pitch), and how you need two hands to lock and unlock it, and now I'm not sure again (that plus the seemingly unanimous opinion on the Zune's great SQ). Unfortunately, it looks like there is STILL not a player that can make my decision easy (great sound, small size, pocketable, good battery life).

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 15
I vote for the Vibez for its lovely interface (although the question regarded sound quality).

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for the Vibez for its lovely interface (although the question regarded sound quality).

The Zune has a very good interface as well.
Best one I have seen.
(I have not seen the Vibez).

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 15
If the X5 sound like my old M3, in my opinion sound better than the Zune: better soundstage, better bass response (deeper and tighter) and a more natural performance in the treble.
I use either with Koss PPro and Senn PX100.
For me, the Zune SQ is good but nothing special, i like it a lot but in other aspects...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly !

Interface is great, as in old good karma
smily_headphones1.gif

SQ in my opinion is definitely one of the best i ever heard.
I hope that new firmware will eliminate some software bugs like two hands lock/unlock.

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_arun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cowon D2 satisfies all of your requirements.

I didn't metion capacity, but I want at least 12 MB (since the Vibez is a consideration - I'd really like more than that)

Apr 9, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radzique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly !

Interface is great, as in old good karma
smily_headphones1.gif

SQ in my opinion is definitely one of the best i ever heard.
I hope that new firmware will eliminate some software bugs like two hands lock/unlock.

biggrin.gif

nice sig'
wink.gif

I second everything he said by the way!

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't metion capacity, but I want at least 12 MB (since the Vibez is a consideration - I'd really like more than that)

You can get 12GB with the D2 by using a 8GB SDHC card.

That said, I think the SQ of the D2 is slightly lacking in comparison to the Zune. However, I was not able to do a direct comparison, so I can't say what the specific differences are other than the D2 seeming to have more distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back