ZUNE TROUBLES *cries*
Apr 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

juanharu4913

100+ Head-Fier
Alright boys....I bought a zune for its hard drive space (woulda got a ipod and rockboxed it but the zune was cheaper used)

I have the latest software and it SUCKS
Is there simpler software out there to unlock it so i can use it like my sansa fuse etc, or is there a solution like a rockbox kinda deal.

Need help, if this doesnt work im probaly gona sell it.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 15
The Zune software is probably one of the more user friendly interfaces around. What did you want to accomplish with it? You can drag and drop album directories into your specified Zune Music folder (via Windows Explorer) and the software will automatically link to it the next time you start the software. If you want you can just use the software to sync and do everything else via Explorer (unless, of course, you want to create album art). If you insist

http://lifehacker.com/217010/use-you...ble-hard-drive

but I wouldn't really recommend doing it.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zune software is probably one of the more user friendly interfaces around. What did you want to accomplish with it? You can drag and drop album directories into your specified Zune Music folder (via Windows Explorer) and the software will automatically link to it the next time you start the software. If you want you can just use the software to sync and do everything else via Explorer (unless, of course, you want to create album art).

I want to get into it like any flash drive etc like every other mp3 player in the world.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 15
Edit the registry as per my link above. Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 15
Be sure to restart after making the changes. Also make the changes to all these entries

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentContolSet\Enum\US B\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ContolSet001\Enum\USB\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ContolSet002\Enum\USB\

and not just the first one.

If the above doesn't work then I really can't suggest anything else at the moment.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 15
dump it. sell it. whatever. because it can't work in UMS MSC mode. it will never work as a flash drive.
Get a Sansa or a Cowon. KTHBYE.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 15
Not every mp3 player can be viewed like the thumb drive. Zune software isn't great, but it's not that bad. It's better than iTunes.

That's not saying much, but it could be worse.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 15
Considering how nice the Zune software is (and how it's a billion times faster than iTunes) I don't really see why you wouldn't run it...pretty neat how it pulls artist info and pics for you.

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #11 of 15
Nice? The Zune software? I'm glad some of you like it, but I'm with the OP. The Zune software always enjoyed playing tricks on me. After several years of struggling with it on my Zune 30, I simply gave up and bought a Fuze.

And oh, sweet liberation! To be able to drag and drop to my heart's content...
smile.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice? The Zune software? I'm glad some of you like it, but I'm with the OP. The Zune software always enjoyed playing tricks on me. After several years of struggling with it on my Zune 30, I simply gave up and bought a Fuze.

And oh, sweet liberation! To be able to drag and drop to my heart's content...
smile.gif

What year did you sell it in? The Zune software has improved dramatically since the days of the tired old man that is the Zune 30.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #13 of 15
The Zunes can ONLY be used w/the Zune software, that it. There used to be a Zune hack for the older Zune 30, but it was patched w/a update, and no one ever bothered to try again I guess - or they just had no success.

Next time, do the homework on a player, as the info has been out and available on the Zunes for a LOOOOOOOONG time - no MSC. Sell it if you don't like the Zune PC client.

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #14 of 15
The zune software is very neat and fast and trumps iTunes in everything,why don't you like it?if you have a trouble adding songs or anything you can always ask us.

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What year did you sell it in? The Zune software has improved dramatically since the days of the tired old man that is the Zune 30.

I never sold it, actually. It's still a very solid piece of hardware so I held on to it when I bought my Fuze two weeks ago in case somebody some day breaks it from the Zune software.

My Zune 30 may not be as flashy as some players, but it served my needs well. It even has a leg up on modern players here and there - I hate touchscreens, for instance. If Microsoft didn't stupidly lock you in to their Zune software, I might still be using it.

As I understand it, people haven't produced another workaround since the early firmware 2.x Zune 30 due to a lack of interest. There aren't a whole lot of people who own Zunes to begin with, but among those who do, most of them don't mind using the Zune software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back