Zune software sucks...any Rockbox-ish firmware available?
Oct 18, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #46 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by GimliLongBow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In regards to Al Gore "inventing" the Internet...

And no, I don't like closed environments particularly. I prefer to support more open systems, but I don't always.

What I would really like to see is the Zune team (and other DAP makers) interact with the community more and implement more requested features. The Insignia team did a lot with the latest firmware for the Insignia Video, and I hope they continue to do so with the Insignia Pilot. Microsoft, Creative, are you listening?

The Zune team does interact with the customers. They read through forums, respond to emails, and can be found on a few other forums. Just because the consumer makes suggestions, and the niche market that is the audiophile demands features, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Can you name members of the iPod development team? No? Cesar perhaps has made the biggest presence on the web. Don't know who he is? Then research the Zune a bit more.

It's been said a thousand times over. No one wants to develop an audiophile DAP. The market just isn't big enough, and there's not enough money to be made. It sucks, but really, what would you expect? That's the way capitalism works.

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #47 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by GimliLongBow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In regards to Al Gore "inventing" the Internet...

And no, I don't like closed environments particularly. I prefer to support more open systems, but I don't always.

What I would really like to see is the Zune team (and other DAP makers) interact with the community more and implement more requested features. The Insignia team did a lot with the latest firmware for the Insignia Video, and I hope they continue to do so with the Insignia Pilot. Microsoft, Creative, are you listening?

Thanks for the link about AL Gore, I was using his name in a humerous context, but now I understand how he was involved.Great

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #48 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zune team does interact with the customers. They read through forums, respond to emails, and can be found on a few other forums. Just because the consumer makes suggestions, and the niche market that is the audiophile demands features, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Can you name members of the iPod development team? No? Cesar perhaps has made the biggest presence on the web. Don't know who he is? Then research the Zune a bit more.

It's been said a thousand times over. No one wants to develop an audiophile DAP. The market just isn't big enough, and there's not enough money to be made. It sucks, but really, what would you expect? That's the way capitalism works.

I didnt demand anything. Nobody is demanding anything. I said I wasnt going to buy anything other than a dumped Zune(read cheap)without it. Now I did say that if they started (read any company)offering these things they would probably corner the market and get my business as well. For more than a 100 dollars to boot. But not at the price of a laptop.
It doesnt take an audiophile to want the best audio they can get for there dollar.Or an audiophile to want a replaceable battery. Or an audiophile to want an SD slot that integrates well with the library. Or an audiophile to want better screen quality.
Oh wait, I guess that would be those darn videophiles. They are such a demanding bunch!!!
Since when does someone who says that they want a feature set or quality become demanding? What Microsoft or Apple or anyone else does is there own choice.
It is capatilism,and I dont have to buy one either. And I wont say it a thousand times.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #49 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate how it will randomly split my files into different albums on the Zune even when it shows a single album in the Zune program,

x2
i know exactly what your saying
can someone address this, it is SOOOO freaken annoying

happens on maybe 30% of all artists... but i've never took the time to try and fizx it, but is very very gay

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #50 of 80
Look, I don't want to be a grammar Nazi or anything, but is it too difficult to consistently put at LEAST one space after each sentence? Preferably two?

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #51 of 80
Quote:

Look, I don't want to be a grammar Nazi or anything, but is it too difficult to consistently put at LEAST one space after each sentence? Preferably two?

I also misspelled capitalism. I am shocked you missed it. Could you please do better at correcting my grammar?
I am a "you did not leave a space" after each sentence so you had to point it to me but missed a misspelled word kinda Nazi.

Oops, is kinda a word? Is oops a word for that matter? If you give me your email address I will send all my future post to you for correction if my sentence structure does not please you.

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #52 of 80
Quote:

Not again, I left a space(or two) between Nazi and Oops.

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #53 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undecided /img/forum/go_quote.gif
space(or two)

rolleyes.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #55 of 80
Quote:

Heil Grammar! Heil Grammar!

I'm a grammar Nazi as well, it's okay. It's good to interject some humor into a heated debate.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #57 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undecided /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didnt demand anything. Nobody is demanding anything. I said I wasnt going to buy anything other than a dumped Zune(read cheap)without it. Now I did say that if they started (read any company)offering these things they would probably corner the market and get my business as well. For more than a 100 dollars to boot. But not at the price of a laptop.
It doesnt take an audiophile to want the best audio they can get for there dollar.Or an audiophile to want a replaceable battery. Or an audiophile to want an SD slot that integrates well with the library. Or an audiophile to want better screen quality.
Oh wait, I guess that would be those darn videophiles. They are such a demanding bunch!!!
Since when does someone who says that they want a feature set or quality become demanding? What Microsoft or Apple or anyone else does is there own choice.
It is capatilism,and I dont have to buy one either. And I wont say it a thousand times.

Better quality screen? Wait, I thought that the screen quality was pretty damn good. I've had a few DAP's and it's fantastic. Try displaying a high res photo on it. The new ones have glass screens that are harder than the iPhone, and should be much better. There's a hardness scale, whereas the iPhone would be 1, the new Zune is a 3. Its in a press release somewhere, I can't find it at the moment.
And since when does the average consumer demand better sound quality? Since when does the average consumer use anything other than the included headphones? If anything, the ipod has shown us that no, consumers, on average, do NOT go out and buy good headphones.
That being said, you completely missed the point of my original statement. It wasn't an attack on you, but rather a statement that anyone on here is not the average consumer. And, as it goes in capitalism, and business in general, is that the company is going to only put enough work into a product to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Now, this isn't true for high end products. They're high end for a reason. The market isn't as big, and they satisfy the consumer's needs. Ie. AKG, Grado, et cetera.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #58 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, forgive me. I was under the impression that Cesar was only in the marketing area, but I should have made the connection between him and the development guys. Besides which, I also should have remembered that the Zune 2.1 firmware will be supporting WMA lossless, which is definitely an audiophile level addition. Sorry about that!

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #59 of 80
Quote:

A friend of mine publishes two small town newspapers. When I asked him why he only uses one space after the end of sentence, he told me it's common practice in the publishing business, because two spaces use more paper, and paper is his main expense.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #60 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine publishes two small town newspapers. When I asked him why he only uses one space after the end of sentence, he told me it's common practice in the publishing business, because two spaces use more paper, and paper is his main expense.

One space has become the accepted standard in the past 10-20 years. I was taught to always use two, but have converted to a single space after the period. I find it easier to read text that is typed this way, and it's easier to type
wink.gif
. Not OT or anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back