Zune Software Splits Album Into 2?
Jul 29, 2007 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ripped Velvet Revolver Libertad in mp3 using EAC + LAME and the auto info feature of EAC. Adding these songs into Zune library everything seems normal but after syncing with the Zune player results in the album being split into 2 albums by the same artist despite having the same artwork/artist info etc. Songs that are missing from #1 are in #2 album but the software shows everything is under 1 album and artist and looking fine. Using Get info feature of Zune is spotty as the song list has a "no info" track. This isn't the first time I've run into this either... has this happened to anyone else?

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 9
it is most likely that the songs in the other half is performed by the aritst of that particular album along with somebody. for example, more money more problems--> atist big FEAT puffy and mase.

thsts why it is split in half the zune is assuming that they are differnt albums since the artist are not the same(well, in the tags at least)

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Highlight all the songs in the album at issue. Right click and select "Edit Track Info" or something like that. Click on the second tab. Then check and activate the field that says "album artist," and type in the album artist. Click "apply," and everything should be fixed.

Oh...if this wasn't clear...do this in the Zune software.

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Highlight all the songs in the album at issue. Right click and select "Edit Track Info" or something like that. Click on the second tab. Then check and activate the field that says "album artist," and type in the album artist. Click "apply," and everything should be fixed.

Oh...if this wasn't clear...do this in the Zune software.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

How'd you figure this out BTW?

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 9
I think I read about it on a zune-specific website...can't remember which. The thing with the zune is that it seems to use a tagging system that is slightly more complex than id3 so the information doesn't always carry over if you are using a different id3 tagging program. Whenever I import new songs into my library, I always make sure to check the "album artist" field to make sure it's filled out correctly.

Jul 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 9
this has always pissed me off, but ive gotten into the habbit of grouping them all into playlists.

im going to try the method tenacious has explained, thanks guy!

Jul 30, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worked like a charm, thanks!

How'd you figure this out BTW?

The Zune device uses the "Album Artist" tag for grouping the songs on each artist albums.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 9
Its a BIG pain. Especially with jazz bands! Do you know how many artist there are in a Band?!?!? He he...its sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back